Forum Upgrades - Latest Update: Jun 29

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Forum Upgrades - Latest Update: Jun 29

Post by Mike » 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

After a few hours of downtime earlier today, I'm happy to say the forums are now back online. I've spent the afternoon upgrading the site to the latest version of phpBB so that we can all enjoy a cleaner, smoother and more enjoyable experience.

With today's update, the forum has gained some pretty cool additions - including real-time notifications, super-responsive menus and an overhauled site for smartphones and tablets. Go here for the full list.

Although the design's quite plain at the moment (I hope to change that over the next few days and weeks), I want to encourage everyone to take some time to explore the new site and its features. Although there are quite a few big changes, I don't expect it will take you long to adapt. :-)

If you have any issues or questions, then please get in touch by replying below.

Once again, sorry for the downtime, and please enjoy the new forums. :-)
Last edited by Mike on Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Re: Forums Updated!

Post by nick7 » 2 years ago

got a shock when i loaded the forum and got the new look. I quite like the simply look but it seems bright looking.

good work and hopefully helps this site grow aswell.

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

Mike
Founder
Founder

Thanks for the feedback, Nick. I hope the 'shock' wasn't a bad one! ;)

For now, I've decided to stick with a neutral design so that everybody can easily get to grips with the new features and overall layout. As time goes by and as everyone settles in, I'll look to improve to improve the aesthetics.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 2 years ago

i think it was mainly how brightit seems compared with the old one. I'm just thinking is it not easier having the site feedback at the top of the forum?

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

Mike
Founder
Founder

nick7 wrote:I'm just thinking is it not easier having the site feedback at the top of the forum?
This thread is actually listed as an 'announcement topic', which means it will be listed in all sections of the site.

No matter which thread or section you're on, this thread will be highlighted at the top of every page so users are immediately aware of the forum's new look. :-)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

floriank90
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Liverpool FC

Post by floriank90 » 2 years ago

like it - works better and more smoothly on iOS now...

Mike
Founder
Founder

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know about the latest forum improvements that have just been implemented. In no particular order, here they are:
  • - System upgraded: Forums now working with the latest version (3.1.5) of phpBB.

- TinyPic button added: Simply select Image to add images direct from your PC or smartphone. Available for both Quick Reply and Full Editor mode.

- User Ranks updated: Several new titles added (including Super Star) and post counts updated for some ranks.

Please feel free to leave your feedback below. And stay tuned for more exciting new features as we continue to improve the site and its forums. :-)

Mike
Founder
Founder

Re: Forum Updates - Latest Update: June 22

• - Default Avatars: Added for all users who have yet to upload their own. Customize your settings here (resolution must be 125x125).

- reCAPTCHA V2: New and improved security check to eliminate automated/spam accounts from registering.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

Re: Forum Updates - Latest Update: July 8

• - Postimage.org mod replaces the TinyPic button (added on June 22): Unlike TinyPic, photos cannot be edited and are never removed from the Postimage.org servers. The only drawback is that, for now, the mod doesn't work on all mobile devices (eg. on iOS, Safari works fine but Google Chrome doesn't).
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: Forum Updates - Latest Update: July 9

Post by Shales » 2 years ago

Mike wrote:
  • - Postimage.org mod replaces the TinyPic button (added on June 22): Unlike TinyPic, photos cannot be edited and are never removed from the Postimage.org servers.
Great change. I've just replaced my last 3 tinypic's with postimage's. Works great and has one less step in the process (y)
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder

Re: Forum Updates - Latest Update: July 9

Shales wrote:Great change. I've just replaced my last 3 tinypic's with postimage's. Works great and has one less step in the process (y)
Good to hear. :-)

Although I loved how the TinyPic plugin worked so well with mobile devices, at least now we don't have the fear of our uploaded photos suddenly changing to, let's say, something more explicit!
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

Re: Forum Updates - Latest Update: July 8

I've looked into this and I'm happy to confirm that the Post Image mod does work with iOS Safari. :)

Although it's not compatible with Chrome (my preferred browser on iPhone/iPad), I have submitted feedback to Google so hopefully at some point the mod will be compatible with both.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

Re: Forum Updates - Latest Update: August 4

New extensions added:
  • - Board Announcements: Now located at the top of each page. Once read, announcements can be easily dismissed simply by clicking the 'X' on the right-hand side.

- Topic Preview: Hover your mouse cursor over the thread title to bring up the first few lines of that thread's opening post. Example below:

I've also updated the site's favicon and shortcut icons (PES 2015 match ball), as well as the background for the main site - all of which will be updated as we approach the launch of PES 2016.

As usual, please let me know what you think. :-)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

New extensions added:
  • - Member time counter: A real-time counter has been added to the User Statistics page on all profile pages, so members can see exactly how long they've been registered to the site. Example here.

- Newest members: In the Statistics section, located at the bottom of the Forum Index, there's now a list which features all users who have most recently signed up to the forum.

- Share On: Post your favourite topics to Facebook and Twitter. The social media buttons can be found in every first post of each page.

- Topic Age Day: When looking at a particular forum/section (eg. the PES 2016 Forum), each topic will include a note informing users of how many days old that particular topic is. (I'm currently feeling 50/50 over this one (think) )

As usual, if you have any comments or general feedback (good and bad), please feel free to post your thoughts below. Thanks! :-)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 2 years ago

Mike wrote:New extensions added:
  • - Member time counter: A real-time counter has been added to the User Statistics page on all profile pages, so members can see exactly how long they've been registered to the site. Example here.

- Newest members: In the Statistics section, located at the bottom of the Forum Index, there's now a list which features all users who have most recently signed up to the forum.

- Share On: Post your favourite threads to Facebook and Twitter. The social media buttons can be found in every first post of each thread page.

- Topic Age Day: When in forum view, you can now see how many days old each thread is. (I'm currently feeling 50/50 over this one (think) )
As usual, if you have any comments or general feedback (good and bad), please feel free to post your thoughts below. Thanks! :-)
The top 3 are great additions, especially the social media links. I think I noticed these on last week, but didnt know what they were.

I was unable to see the "topic age day". What is forum view??
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA