Forum Upgrades - Latest Update: Jun 29

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: Forum Updates - Latest Update: August 4

Post by Mike » 2 years ago

Shales wrote:The top 3 are great additions, especially the social media links. I think I noticed these on last week, but didnt know what they were.
Good spot! I've actually been trialling the extension for the last few weeks or so, but didn't want to make it official until the other extensions were installed as well. Glad you're happy with it though! ;)
Shales wrote:I was unable to see the "topic age day". What is forum view?
Basically, it's when you're looking at all the listed threads of a particular forum/section (i.e. the PES 2016 Forum, as seen below):

Sorry, I probably should've been a bit more clearer with my original explanation! :-D

βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 2 years ago

Mike wrote:
Shales wrote:The top 3 are great additions, especially the social media links. I think I noticed these on last week, but didnt know what they were.
Good spot! I've actually been trialling the extension for the last few weeks or so, but didn't want to make it official until the other extensions were installed as well. Glad you're happy with it though! ;)
Shales wrote:I was unable to see the "topic age day". What is forum view?
Basically, it's when you're looking at all the listed threads of a particular forum/section (i.e. the PES 2016 Forum, as seen below):

Sorry, I probably should've been a bit more clearer with my original explanation! :-D
I did actually notice it after I made that post yesterday. I see what you mean about being 50/50. It looks ok for threads that are fairly young i.e. 50 days etc. But it doesn't really look neat when threads are over a 1000 days old. Can the format be changed into years and months? Or is it just limited to "days"?
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder

Post by Mike » 2 years ago

Shales wrote:I did actually notice it after I made that post yesterday. I see what you mean about being 50/50. It looks ok for threads that are fairly young i.e. 50 days etc. But it doesn't really look neat when threads are over a 1000 days old.
Agreed.

For the next few days or so, I think I'll leave it up. This way, everyone will have a chance to post their feedback and, if necessary, the extension can be taken down. :)
Shales wrote:Can the format be changed into years and months? Or is it just limited to "days"?
As far as I can tell, the date format cannot be changed.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

Re: Forum Updates - Latest Update: January 28

Post by Mike » 1 year ago

New extension added:
  • - QuickReply Reloaded: The extension adds an abundance of fantastic new features, including:
    • * Faster loading times for topic pages

* New posts/replies now load automatically (no need to refresh your browser anymore)

* Improved features for quoting (eg. use 'quick quote' by simply highlighting a users' post/text with your mouse cursor)

* Instant loading for Preview/Submit buttons (try it out by replying to this thread! ;))

* Posts already typed out in the Quick Reply box are saved and will not be lost even when reloading the page or moving to another page of that topic

* Refer another user by clicking on their username with your mouse cursor
    - Posts Merging: Adds an option to merge new posts to the previous post, if the two have been submitted by the same user within two hours of each other.
As usual, please let me know what you think of the new updates. Good or bad, I want to hear everyone's feedback. :)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Shales

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

Nice additions. I especially like the auto save on the quickly reply. I've been stitched by that quite a few times in the past. Also "quick quote" is excellent (y)

Mike
Founder
Founder

Shales wrote: Nice additions. I especially like the auto save on the quickly reply. I've been stitched by that quite a few times in the past. Also "quick quote" is excellent (y)
Great to hear. :great:
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

Re: Forum Updates - Latest Update: March 1

New extensions added:
  • - 24 Hour Activity Stats: A new section - located on the Forum Index - that lists the number of registered users and guests who have visited the forum in the last 24 hours. Additional stats, such as number of new posts, can also be seen.

- Top Poster Of The Month: Another section on the Forum Index, the TPOTM is the user (Admins/Moderators excluded) who has posted most frequently over the last 30 days.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

Forum Updates - Latest Update: May 3

New extensions added:
  • Collapsible Forum Categories: Allows users to collapse and minimise forum categories with a simple click - (see red arrow in screenshot below).
New section added:
  • PES 2017: Although the section itself is currently locked, I want to know what YOU think of the new layout.

An example in the screenshot below, PES sections are now split up into separate categories (unlike PES 2016 where everything was put into one big list), which I hope in turn will give us a more approachable and cleaner forum.

Whether you do - or you don't - prefer the new style, I really want to hear all your thoughts. Also, if you feel I've missed any categories, my ears are obviously open to suggestions. :-)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Shales

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

How about a stats feedback thread? You know there will be comments on the subject.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Shales wrote: How about a stats feedback thread? You know there will be comments on the subject.
Definitely!

Although looking ahead to PES 2017, my main concern right now would be how often Konami are planning to release updates, and also how much each update will include. Weekly/monthly updates (stats, accessories, general fixes, etc) should already be here in my opinion - not that I'm going to get my hopes up. (think)

Looking back, I feel this thread worked well for PES 2015 - most of the data has since been implemented - but personally I'd like the feedback to be added more quickly, especially compared to what we've seen in the past.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

Forum Updates - Latest Update: May 31

- Site Help & Feedback renamed to Site Feedback & Support.

New extensions added:
  • - Precise Similar Topics: A list of the most similar/relevant topics, based on their titles, are displayed at the bottom of each thread.

- Topic Solved - Only available in Site Feedback & Support, users are now able to post their questions/issues and, once a solution has been found, the topic will be marked as 'solved'.

- Unique Visits Counter: Another statistic added to the front page; this one showing how many unique visits (including both registered members and guests) the forum has had.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

Re: Forum Updates - Latest Major Update: Nov 10

- Favicon Notifications: The favicon will feature a red badge showing the number of unread notifications. If a user has zero notifications, no badge will show:

- Tabbed Profile View: User profiles (eg. Mike) will now be tabbed - Contact/Statistics/Signature - allowing for a cleaner and more user-friendly layout.

- Winter Snowstorm: Christmas is coming...
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

Re: Forum Upgrades - Latest Update: Jan 12

Post by Mike » 10 months ago

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to confirm the forums have been upgraded to the latest version of phpBB.

New features include: Emojis (😎), PHP 7 support, an improved Quoting System, and more responsive Notifications.

All this, and more, will allow for a significantly improved user experience that I hope you'll all enjoy.

Over the next few days and weeks, I'll look to further improve the forum by installing a range of fantastic new features, once they are validated by phpBB.

As usual, if you have any comments or issues, please post below.

Thanks for reading. πŸ˜‰
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

Forum Upgrades - Latest Update: March 2

Post by Mike » 8 months ago

User Mentions are here! 😎

To mention another user, simply type @ followed by three or more characters, and then select the appropriate username from the drop-down list. Each time you mention a user, they will receive a notification.

If you like, please feel free to play around with the new feature by replying in this thread.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

Forum Upgrades - Latest Update: Jun 29

Post by Mike » 4 months ago

Re-introducing QuickReply Reloaded, this extensions brings an abundance of fantastic new features that will significantly improve your OPE Forums experience:
Reply at any time
You do not need to scroll the topic to the end of the page to enter a reply. The quick reply form is right on your screen at any time when you view a topic. BBCode buttons and smilies are displayed just like in full reply, but they are effectively hidden when you do not need them in the new form type.

Fast & Flexible
Ajax features will make your posting experience better. Use β€œCtrl+Enter” to send the reply when it is ready. Typed reply will not be lost when you go to previous and next pages, informative loading messages are displayed when your actions are handled by the server. After new messages have been loaded the page is scrolled softly.

Quick quote
Select a part of the message to be able to quote it.

If any of you have any comments, issues or questions, please let me know. :-)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ