📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Champions League [2012/13]

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Sheff Wed BvB Fire

Champions League [2012/13]

Post by Jay_Overidde » 5 years ago

Didn't see a thread about it but my god this season deserves one.

Who saw the Germans coming? Really?

Dortmund have not lost to RM this year. Bayern have been everything this year in the CL I can't really see Barce over turning a 4-0 deficit, even at home especially as Messi still isn't 100%.

Thoughts on this weeks outcome?

Twitter - @_flipflopfriday
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: Champions League [2012/13]

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

I predict Real to Lose the Plot and have a couple of red cards. Sergio Ramos for sure.

Maybe a couple of narrow home wins but not enough for Real & Barca to progress.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub

Sergio Ramos and Pepe for me maybe Alonso aswell. As for Barca I can see alot of falling on the floor holding calves and faces
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

Not a bad result for Real Madrid but just not enough for them. I honestly thought they were going to get a third right at the death but gotta admit that I was happy when Dortmund held on and Howard Webb blew his whistle. Really happy for Dortmund. :great: A proper team that doesn't have to spend hundreds of millions to get success.

I just hope they manage to hold onto their star players. Will be a shame losing Kagawa, Gotze, Lewandowski and Hummels in two seasons. :|
Join me in the Football Forum!

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 5 years ago

Though I guess Götze having already signed for Bayern and Lewandowski not willing to stay and probably also joining Bayern there is not too much hope. Not sure about Hummels though, if Barca or Real gives him a call, he might be tempted.

Either way, Dortmund has some quality talents and if they sign Son from Hamburg and maybe Edin Dzeko it might look good for them.

I am quite surprised about the German final, a friend of mine recently said he never needs to watch CL again because he will never see a German final again in his life :D

Anyway, it is hopefully going to be an awesome match. Dortmund vs. Bayern has always been intense matches.
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Who do you think will win the mighty European crown at Wembley?

My brain says Bayern but my heart (and betting slip) says Dortmund. :)

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 5 years ago

Well I am absolutely with you.
If I would have to guess I would say Bayern, though I also say Dortmund. Could be nice celebrating German Champions League in the city I live in :D

But to be honest I think Bayern are too strong this season. I have never ever seen Arjen Robben for example work so hard for the team. They are a unit and just so hard to beat.

Just hope we will say an awesome and close game.
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

That's the thing, Dortmund are good but it's so hard to beat Bayern. Arsenal did an amazing job in Munich for the away leg and I'm thinking Dortmund will have to hope for a similar performance - either that or just hope that Robben has the worst game of his life like he did last year against Chelsea! ;)

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub

Its going to be a close one as you both have said, a betting man would put Bayern on to win due to how good they are this year. But I wouldn't right off Dortmund Hummels and Subotic at the back are animals and Weidenfeller has been superb. Either way you look at it it will be Lewondowski and Gotze's last game in the Yellow shirts and Robbens in a Bayern shirt. So for me them 3 there are the players to watch for something special as a goodbye for the fans I guess.

My heart says 2-1 Dortmund, my head says 3-0 Bayern
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

I see a tight game coming up. Bayern takes the lead around 30 minutes and scores another at 60 minutes. Then Dortmund gets one back at 70 and keeps crashing the gates until at some late 85-90 minute Bayern scores one more.

3-1 for Bayern. They're the "big brother" and came so close last year, plus they've really been on fire in the Bundesliga as well. They'll win it this year so that Pep Guardiola can't improve, but only make the team suck come fall.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub

at a guess someone doesn't like Pep lol.
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

JCFast
Regular
Regular

Jay_Overidde wrote:at a guess someone doesn't like Pep lol.
Well I just feel he kind of took the easiest job around instead of actually trying to prove himself somewhere more let's say difficult. I'm just disappointed at him. So having Bayern win the league as well as the Champions League, I feel like Pep has at least a bit of challenge to try and do better.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub

Interesting fact for you regarding Pep. One of his first managerial applications was turned down at Sheffield Wednesday due to our then chairman wanting a manager with experience... In steps Chris Turner.
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

JCFast
Regular
Regular

Jay_Overidde wrote:Interesting fact for you regarding Pep. One of his first managerial applications was turned down at Sheffield Wednesday due to our then chairman wanting a manager with experience... In steps Chris Turner.
Well to be honest that could have been a complete mess. From what I've heard of his "man management" style, he's a lot better suited to manage "bigger than a club" teams rather than grown men. (Most of that from Ibrahimovic's book hehe.) But now with his earned respect, he could maybe even get through to Sheffield Wednesday's boys.

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub

Tbf before Mandaric took over the club the entirety of the club was a complete mess (suing fans, boardroom infighting, managerial merry go round) what Madaric and Dave Jones have done is stabilize.

Anyway back on topic I agree with the whole Pep walked into a ready made team right down to the foundations, which is basically what he is doing at Bayern and Mourinho did at Inter and Real (Chelsea are still building the foundations) and Moyes is now doing at Man Utd
XBL - FlipFlopFriday