Liverpool Football Club

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Liverpool Football Club

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

For those on the forum who support Liverpool I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the current position of your club.

It appears to me that my footballing friends, with no ties to Liverpool or its rivals, view Liverpool FC as a rather horrid club, and one they'd all like to see do badly.

I'm not sure that this is because of one thing or if it's an accumulation of many.

Firstly there's Brendan Rogers, who I can only describe as the David Brent of football managers. Everything that comes out his mouth tends to be condescending drivel. In fairness he was also like this at Swansea, but it seems to have amplified since his move to Anfield.

Then there's Suarez. I don't even think I need to say anything about that one.

The constant drivel said by pundits about Liverpool's 'traditions', 'its not just a football club', 'what the club stands for' etc that the neutrals find nauseating. And after the last couple of years, completely false.

I'll not get started on the fans as they haven't covered themselves in glory either, but each individual is different of course.

Any other people on the forum felt a huge dislike for them over the last couple of years? Any Liverpool fans on here have any thoughts on it?

Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Re: Liverpool Football Club

Post by Nades » 4 years ago

I feel we've been embarrassed by this Suarez situation...
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: Liverpool Football Club

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

Nades wrote:I feel we've been embarrassed by this Suarez situation...
I just can't see how he has a future at Liverpool now. I respect Rodgers trying to keep him at the club but this isn't a battle he can win. Suarez wants to go and he will force himself out if he needs to... for a player who causes so many problems, I don't think letting him go for £45m would be too bad. But then again, Bale could end up being sold for £100m. :?
Join me in the Football Forum!