Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1771
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Can't believe arsenal didn't win that game. But we had only 10 men again. Ozil is wasted with giroud in front of him.

It's crazy how 4th is suddenly a possibility this season.


XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Mar 9, 2012
Supports: OPE
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

Awful game from a neutral's point of view but judging by how both sets of players were playing at the end, I think both managers will be happy with a draw. With all teams dropping points against average sides lately, I think it was important not to lose. I still think Arsenal are good enough to challenge, assuming Chelsea and Man City continue to *bleep* up all the time. :-D
Join me in the Football Forum!

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1771
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

I am all over the 2-1 Arsenal result but I am not getting carried away. Yeah we won the game which is I suppose all that matters but Liverpool were very dangerous and created great chances. We rode our luck a bit. Wenger's resting players gamble paid off. I was happy with Sanogo's performance. He done what I'd have expected out of Giroud if he was playing. Sanogo still looks raw but his performance was so much better than the couple of times he featured at the begining of the season. Raw isn't always a good thing though because I remember Utd signing Bebe because he was raw talent. That one didn't quite work out hey.

Lets hope that Giroud will be fresher for Bayern and actually look like he's decent player.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Mar 9, 2012
Supports: OPE
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

A big day in the Premier League today. Chelsea go to Fulham, Arsenal to Stoke and Liverpool to Southampton for the late kick-off. All tough fixtures for the top teams so I would be very impressed if they can all get 3 points today. No doubt, a crucial weekend for the title race. :great:
Join me in the Football Forum!

User avatar
Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Mar 9, 2012
Supports: OPE
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

What a Super Sunday yesterday was! 8-)

3 penalties given against Man United at Old Trafford, oh how times have changed :lol: , and then a screamer from Rosicky to win the north london derby. Happy for him as I've been a big fan ever since his Dortmund days.
Join me in the Football Forum!

User avatar
Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 968
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011
Supports: Leyton Orient
Location: East London

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Pete Evo » 3 years ago

Missed the Arsenal game as I had a family meal but I from what I saw of the Liverpool game, Man United were absolutely crap. I know Moyes must take a share of the blame but Rooney, Van Persie, Mata and co don't seem to be interested anymore. Like spoilt rich kids, I guess that what happens when you start playing your players £250,000 a week. It doesn't matter about stupid starting line ups, subs and tactics, these players simply aren't bothered anymore. :?

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1771
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Pete Evo wrote:Missed the Arsenal game as I had a family meal but I from what I saw of the Liverpool game, Man United were absolutely crap. I know Moyes must take a share of the blame but Rooney, Van Persie, Mata and co don't seem to be interested anymore. Like spoilt rich kids, I guess that what happens when you start playing your players £250,000 a week. It doesn't matter about stupid starting line ups, subs and tactics, these players simply aren't bothered anymore. :?
You didn't miss much from the Arsenal game. I am naturally delighted with the result. A win at the Lane is always welcome. But Arsenal are just playing so badly right now. It's worrying at times seeing how difficult it is for arsenal to keep the ball. We are winning games but we are just riding our luck with non stop defending. Need to go back to basics on the training ground. So many mis placed passes at the moment. Giroud doesn't help either.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Mar 9, 2012
Supports: OPE
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

So, it's Liverpool to win the league then? :great:
Join me in the Football Forum!

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1771
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

I'm predicting arsenal will be looking for another "reaction" after this game. Arsenal will struggle for any clear chances today. Unless the Ox is starting. Need his pace.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Mar 9, 2012
Supports: OPE
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

Shales wrote:I'm predicting arsenal will be looking for another "reaction" after this game. Arsenal will struggle for any clear chances today. Unless the Ox is starting. Need his pace.
Sorry you had to endure that today mate. :|

A good day for Merseyside but wow, Liverpool were lucky today. How many penalties have they had this season? 12? That's more league goals than Benteke and Eto'o! :lol:
Join me in the Football Forum!

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1771
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Seabass wrote:
Shales wrote:I'm predicting arsenal will be looking for another "reaction" after this game. Arsenal will struggle for any clear chances today. Unless the Ox is starting. Need his pace.
Sorry you had to endure that today mate. :|

A good day for Merseyside but wow, Liverpool were lucky today. How many penalties have they had this season? 12? That's more league goals than Benteke and Eto'o! :lol:
I say fair play to liverpool. They have real pace in Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling. True they win a few "soft" penalties but pace will always bring fouls because of mis-timed tackled.

Looking at the fixtures ahead, on paper Arsenal should get 4th. But there is no chance Arsenal will win all the remaining games. They "Should" win all the home games (West Ham, Brom & Newcastle), but I fancy Hull away to be real tough. I don't see away performances changing for us at all. Sanogo needs to start now. This is how bad it is. I heard recently someone say a quote from Fergie years ago. "you are only as good as your Strikers". I'd use the word "junk" for Arsenal.

Next season if Arteta is anywhere near the first team then Wenger has well and truely lost the plot and lost touch with football. I am happy for him to be in the squad for rotation purposes and play him in home games against the mid-table to bottom teams. Same for Podolski. That's the role he currently has anyway but he shouldn't play away games.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
Mike
Founder
Founder
Posts: 4351
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Supports: The Arsenal
Location: OPE HQ
Contact:

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

Shales wrote:I fancy Hull away to be real tough
Even before yesterday's disaster, I would have to agree with you. Although, if we can get a boost by beating Wigan on Saturday (are you going?), I'm confident we'll enjoy our run in.

To be honest, and with all due respect to our upcoming opponents, if we can't get top four now, we don't deserve to play Champions League football next season. As long as the places aren't decided regularly by things like dodgy penalties and controversial red cards, the league positions after Matchday 38 will be deserved.
✅ 🐦 💟

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1771
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Mike wrote:
Shales wrote:I fancy Hull away to be real tough
Even before yesterday's disaster, I would have to agree with you. Although if we can get a boost by beating Wigan on Saturday (are you going?), I am confident we'll enjoy the run in. With all due respect to our upcoming opponents, if we can't get top four, we don't deserve to play Champions League football next season.
I am only a "red" member and I don't think the tickets ever went as far low as us with peasant membership ; ) I was hardly on the ball though with my ear to the ground, so i can't complain. I've got a bad feeling about the semi too. We know Wigan will be bang up for it. Probably more than us which is ridiculous. We struggle against hard working teams who close down all over the pitch. If we win, it won't be convincing.

4th isn't in our hands but it kind of still is. Everton will not win every game either and with they have tricky home and away games.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
Mike
Founder
Founder
Posts: 4351
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Supports: The Arsenal
Location: OPE HQ
Contact:

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

I know it definitely went down to 6+ home/away credits for Silver members, and last I saw it was 14+ for Reds. Either way, I expect there will be a few spares on Twitter that you could snap up if you could make the trip.
Shales wrote:We know Wigan will be bang up for it. Probably more than us which is ridiculous.
That's the thing I'm scared of. If we play to our full potential, it should be a foregone conclusion. But, judging from our recent form in big games (including games at the new Wembley) I won't expect this to be the case. :?

However, with Ramsey back now, I'm feeling a little more positive. Considering it was his first game since Boxing Day, I thought he did well yesterday. I think everyone would like to see him in Saturday's starting line-up.
✅ 🐦 💟

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1771
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Mike wrote:I know it definitely went down to 6+ home/away credits for Silver members, and last I saw it was 14+ for Reds. Either way, I expect there will be a few spares on Twitter that you could snap up if you could make the trip.
Shales wrote:We know Wigan will be bang up for it. Probably more than us which is ridiculous.
That's the thing I'm scared of. If we play to our full potential, it should be a foregone conclusion. But, judging from our recent form in big games (including games at the new Wembley) I won't expect this to be the case. :?

However, with Ramsey back now, I'm feeling a little more positive. Considering it was his first game since Boxing Day, I thought he did well yesterday. I think everyone would like to see him in Saturday's starting line-up.
Ramsey should start, I agree. AW likes to hold players back though when coming back from Injury. Why was The OX not starting yesterday?...

Spares, really? I can definitely make the trip. I wouldn't know where to search on twitter though..
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest