Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

Just realised we haven't actually got a dedicated thread for the biggest and best (in my humble opinion :great: ) league in the world.

So tonight, it's a top of the table clash as Chelsea travel to the Etihad to play Man City. Can Mourinho's men upset the odds and get 3 points against the side with a 100% home record. Both teams will be looking to catch league leaders Arsenal who yesterday picked up a 2-0 home win against Crystal Palace.

Teams
Man City: Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov; Navas, Demichelis, Toure, Silva; Dzeko, Negredo
Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Luiz, Matic, Hazard, Willian; Eto'o
Join me in the Football Forum!

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Unbelievable job by Chelsea tonight. City were terrible mind but Chelsea were superb. Demechelis was poor, it made yaya play bad. Chelsea looked like the home side. Looked as though city lack the mettle when it comes to the crunch.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Really enjoyable game that. Chelsea got their tactics spot on, with Matic and Hazard playing out of their skins. Demichelis was awful and Yaya wasn't much better. Not a great weekend for the Toure brothers, eh? ;)

I'd rather Arsenal win the league (I don't like teams who buy trophies) but whoever goes all the way, I'll be happy if it's a 3 horse race right up until May. For all neutrals, a Chelsea win was probably the best result.

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 3 years ago

Huzzah to Chelsea. I was expecting City to demolish them after all the bitching Jose has been putting out on the interviews about FFP and buying teams. Eventhough Spain made Jose become a bit of a wussy, I think Chelsea are finally starting to look interesting again, which in my opinion hasn't been the case since AVB's start at the helm a long time ago already.

Would be nice if Arsenal did keep their top spot for now with Chelsea and City keeping up with the pace. Visited the Emirates Stadium not too long ago, it sure was nice looking, especially from the Club Level. ;) But the "champions" video they kept playing before the game from 10 years back now was a bit sad. They'd deserve another trophy!
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

I've been to the Emirates cup a few times before and without doubt it's easily the best stadium I've been to. Even with the sugar daddies of Chelsea and Man City, I still think trophies will come to Arsenal and their fans shouldn't give up hope. Wenger's still a top manager and anyone would be mad to say that someone else could do a better job. Sure, the last few years haven't been easy but then again it could have been much worse when you look elsewhere.

Back to last night though, it was a really good game. Although one thing that I couldn't understand is that Matic was given MOTM over Hazard! Crazy decision in my opinion! :evil:

Shales

Congrats Nades and other Liverpool fans. Wow, that's what arsenal used to be like when we had pace. You were playing against 10 men though. We only had 11 when poldi replaced giroud in the 60th

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

Shales wrote:Congrats Nades and other Liverpool fans. Wow, that's what arsenal used to be like when we had pace. You were playing against 10 men though. We only had 11 when poldi replaced giroud in the 60th
Thanks mate, I'm shocked to be honest. Thought Arsenal would beat us today, this season is very weird, smash Everton then play terrible against West Brom, then today happens....not a clue what to expect with my club lol.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

A surprising result, definitely didn't expect it, but I guess Arsenal have always struggled recently when going away to the top four.

With Norwich holding Man City 0-0 and Eden Hazard FC beating Newcastle 3-0 today, it looks like it's going to be an interesting few months ahead. I'd prefer Arsenal to win it but still think Man City are too strong. For sure, it's definitely there's to lose. Also think Liverpool have pretty much nailed 4th spot too. A great achievement for them as it's been far too long since Champions League nights at Anfield!

Shales

Arsenal so badly needed a striker. Chamahk outplayed giroud last weekend. And that's arsenal home to Palace. I don't think giroud even had a shot against palace. Just watching the swans Cardiff game, Bony would be better than giroud. If we are going to persist with having a big man up top, we need pace and movement from them as well. Lukaku, benteke and Bony have it both. Giroud only has power.

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

Yeah, Arsenal desperately need to sign a top striker in the summer. Lukaku and Benteke would be perfect for Arsenal actually.

On Liverpool finishing 4th I still think we'll struggle, I honestly think Man United will still nick it at the end.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 3 years ago

I'm not sure Benteke, Bony or Lukaku would be good enough for a club like Arsenal. Players must be consistent including in the Champions League too. I think Higuain would have done a great job for them though, he's doing really well for Napoli so far this season.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Wow, what a game. Fulham were solid at the back but how on earth did they manage to steal a draw? (crazy)

Man U have some real big problems right now. Arsenal away on Wednesday and then after that they have Crystal Palace (a), Olympiacos (a), Man City (h), West Brom (a), Liverpool (h), Olympiacos (h), West Ham (a), Man City (h).

May sound crazy but I kind of expect them to get something at Arsenal. Might have to put a few quid on it if the odds are decent.

Shales

Seabass wrote:Wow, what a game. Fulham were solid at the back but how on earth did they manage to steal a draw? (crazy)

Man U have some real big problems right now. Arsenal away on Wednesday and then after that they have Crystal Palace (a), Olympiacos (a), Man City (h), West Brom (a), Liverpool (h), Olympiacos (h), West Ham (a), Man City (h).

May sound crazy but I kind of expect them to get something at Arsenal. Might have to put a few quid on it if the odds are decent.
If the same cowards turn up for Arsenal then i'd expect Utd to win. Utd will score at least once, and you can bet it's RVP. So Arsenal will need to net at least twice. Not saying that's impossible but recently Arsenal have struggled to make chances.

That Utd Fulham match was ridiculous.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 3 years ago

Never seen anything like the Man U - Fulham match. So many crosses but hardly any ended up in good positions, so many were overhit especially from Rafael.... who's awful by the way! :lol:

West Brom - Chelsea tonight, not that it's actually on TV. BT Sport have gone for Cardiff - Villa so hopefully it'll be a great battle. A win for Villa will probably see them safe for another season.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Wow, Chelsea drop points at West Brom. 1-1 at full time. Ivanovic put them ahead but Anichebe equalized with just 3 minutes before the end. Roll on Arsenal - Man United tomorrow! What a Premier League season we're having! :great: