Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Re: Barclays Premier League - 2013/14

Post by JCFast » 3 years ago

But what a response from Spurs last night! (y)

Kane looked very promising, something very different to the experiences of the lad I've had in PES, where he's just slow and clumsy... Adebayor was clinical as always and Eriksen just wonderful all around now that he was finally starting. It could have ended even more higher if Kane and Adebayor had played together instead of trying to out-compete each other!

Maybe it was that Sherwood finally acted like a manager. Didn't jump around like a crazy fan or go up to the stands, because he "can't take it". Maybe it was the rumours of him getting sacked in the summer anyways. Maybe it was not playing Bentaleb. Maybe Sunderland was just as poor as they have been. Spurs always surprise you. :P

Spurs are still two wins behind Arsenal and they both have just as "easy" last matches to go so might not see Spurs beating Arsenal. But Everton however will have to really surprise to keep up pace and not end up 6th...

Can't wait for next weekend! Anything goes except Man Utd climbing up the table! :?

"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

It should be a great weekend of football. Wembley on Saturday (fingers crossed! (hmm) ) and then Liverpool - Man City on Sunday... surely the biggest league match of the season. For me, whoever gets 3 points at Anfield this weekend will win the title.
✅ 🐦 💟

JCFast
Regular
Regular

Scintillating performance last night. Typical Chelsea, pure achieving without the fuss of playing sleep-inducing passing football. Different goalscorers though than anticipated. :-D

Hope Moyes can do the same. Would be much more interesting to see Man Utd progress, and keeping the hope alive for another Chelsea - Man Utd final.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 3 years ago

Mike wrote:For me, whoever gets 3 points at Anfield this weekend will win the title.
I have to agree with you there. Liverpool have shown great consistency this season but to win titles you have to win these types of games. Thinking about it, I would probably put my life on the match being decided by a dodgy offside or penalty decision.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

All sorted for today. Beers in the fridge, pizza ready for the oven, so I'm all set for a Super Sunday. I'm going with a Liverpool 1-0 win, thanks to a Gerrard goal after a controversial penalty award. Standard! :-D
Join me in the Football Forum!

JCFast
Regular
Regular

Seabass wrote:All sorted for today. Beers in the fridge, pizza ready for the oven, so I'm all set for a Super Sunday. I'm going with a Liverpool 1-0 win, thanks to a Gerrard goal after a controversial penalty award. Standard! :-D
Just a bit over hour left... I'm thinking 1-0 Liverpool, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2 and finally at the very end, a dramatic 3-2. Goals be flowing. Gerrard putting in a fantastic performance, Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez each hitting in one.

JCFast
Regular
Regular

JCFast wrote:
Seabass wrote:All sorted for today. Beers in the fridge, pizza ready for the oven, so I'm all set for a Super Sunday. I'm going with a Liverpool 1-0 win, thanks to a Gerrard goal after a controversial penalty award. Standard! :-D
Just a bit over hour left... I'm thinking 1-0 Liverpool, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2 and finally at the very end, a dramatic 3-2. Goals be flowing. Gerrard putting in a fantastic performance, Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez each hitting in one.
Well... Got the score correct even if the sequence was wrong. It was dramatic. And Sterling scored. Glad to see Liverpool still stay in control of the proceedings. (y)

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

JCFast wrote:Glad to see Liverpool still stay in control of the proceedings. (y)
As a Chelsea fan, do you still think Man City will be the threat then?

JCFast
Regular
Regular

Seabass wrote:
JCFast wrote:Glad to see Liverpool still stay in control of the proceedings. (y)
As a Chelsea fan, do you still think Man City will be the threat then?
Yes. Not to echo that whole silly 'little horse' thing Mourinho's been about, but I do see City snatching the most points from the remaining games, because I bet that Liverpool - Chelsea fixture will end in a draw that'll kill it for both of them.

But who knows, such interesting games ahead. City may drop points away against Everton and Crystal Palace easily as neither of them have been exactly conceding lots of goals. Same thing with Liverpool away against Crystal Palace. Chelsea still playing CL, but the matches other than Liverpool, completely winnable.

And then the last day... Chelsea facing Cardiff away while Liverpool and City both get home games. That'll be exciting considering how Chelsea's struggling to get goals away, but knowing Mourinho, there might be a drastic last minute effort to produce that one goal needed for a win and in some almost-cheaty way they'll get it. (clap)

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

It's sad really that here we are again and Arsenal are now looking to dog fight it out for 4th. De ja vu anyone?

I am going to be watching tonights game with the same amount of nerves as any game over the last 6 weeks or so. I feel Arsenal really need a good start and hopefully grab a goal in the first 15mins. We normally do alright against the Hammers, I was there for last years fixture which was the re-arranged boxing day game. 5-1 I think it ended. Podolski and Giroud were excellent all night. That is what we need again tonight. Both those two should be "fresh" so really need top performances from them consider the rest of the team are going to be ruined.

Carrol will be a nuisance all night and wouldn't at all be surprised if he scores tonight. We know West Ham will be looking for "soft" fouls all night in Arsenal's half. Really hope the players aren't stupid enough to consantly give cheap free kicks away.

Expect to see "the saviour" Kallstrom start. I'd take any win tonight. Normally we'd demand a performance but with all things considered lets just make sure we get 3 points.

Arsenal 2-1 and I'll go for Poldi and Giroud as scores.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

JCFast
Regular
Regular

Shales wrote:It's sad really that here we are again and Arsenal are now looking to dog fight it out for 4th. De ja vu anyone?

I am going to be watching tonights game with the same amount of nerves as any game over the last 6 weeks or so. I feel Arsenal really need a good start and hopefully grab a goal in the first 15mins. We normally do alright against the Hammers, I was there for last years fixture which was the re-arranged boxing day game. 5-1 I think it ended. Podolski and Giroud were excellent all night. That is what we need again tonight. Both those two should be "fresh" so really need top performances from them consider the rest of the team are going to be ruined.

Carrol will be a nuisance all night and wouldn't at all be surprised if he scores tonight. We know West Ham will be looking for "soft" fouls all night in Arsenal's half. Really hope the players aren't stupid enough to consantly give cheap free kicks away.

Expect to see "the saviour" Kallstrom start. I'd take any win tonight. Normally we'd demand a performance but with all things considered lets just make sure we get 3 points.

Yeah, anyone remember when at around Christmas people were still sure this was Arsenal's season? And now it's more like whether or not they'd even deserve a CL spot... Oh good old Arsenal, but hey at least if they'd win the FA cup! (wave)

But for tonight, I don't know, half of the squad is still out injured, then again when isn't it, but still could easily see the Hammers hammering them for a surprise 1-2 win. I wonder if Wenger really should be changed already, he's an ok manager no doubt, but the way he recruits players and puts them on the injury list is just unbearably dull come the end of the season.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

JCFast wrote:Yeah, anyone remember when at around Christmas people were still sure this was Arsenal's season?
I can't recall many Gooners saying they would win the league this year. Most were happy and were saying it was going to be a good season (it still can be if they can get 4th and the FA Cup) but I don't think the majority of them said the league was guaranteed, especially with bad losses to Man United, Man City and Liverpool between August and February.
Shales wrote:Expect to see "the saviour" Kallstrom start. I'd take any win tonight. Normally we'd demand a performance but with all things considered lets just make sure we get 3 points.

Not a bad prediction. Not perfect but still pretty good! :great:

Quality goal from Giroud last night. Like Merson said on Sky, if Messi or Ronaldo did that, everyone would be creaming. Massive credit to Giroud for taking it so well, I bet Bergkamp would have been proud... and that's saying something!

Shales

Seabass wrote:
JCFast wrote:Yeah, anyone remember when at around Christmas people were still sure this was Arsenal's season?
I can't recall many Gooners saying they would win the league this year. Most were happy and were saying it was going to be a good season (it still can be if they can get 4th and the FA Cup) but I don't think the majority of them said the league was guaranteed, especially with bad losses to Man United, Man City and Liverpool between August and February.
Shales wrote:Expect to see "the saviour" Kallstrom start. I'd take any win tonight. Normally we'd demand a performance but with all things considered lets just make sure we get 3 points.

Not a bad prediction. Not perfect but still pretty good! :great:

Quality goal from Giroud last night. Like Merson said on Sky, if Messi or Ronaldo did that, everyone would be creaming. Massive credit to Giroud for taking it so well, I bet Bergkamp would have been proud... and that's saying something!

Yeah it was about 85% correct, not bad. Such a strange match. 1st half Arsenal looked knackered and playing like they have done the last 4-5 games. Then it was as if Arsenal had a full summer holiday during half time because the "knackered" players were all full of energy. Passes all of a sudden had more zip too.

My take on the Giroud goal is that it was "good". Don't like seeing Dennis' name being thrown about like that. The touch and hit is something we would see a "Suarez" do half a dozen times a season. Giroud is clearly nowhere near Suarez's level so I suppose he does deserve some credit. I was more happy with the way he held off those two challenges. For a big guy, he doesn't put himself about enough for my liking. He got battered by Stoke last month and never once thought back.

Also thought Kallstrom done ok. He done some good things and some bad things. He's also got a bit about him size-wise so I am happy we have a bit more steel in the middle.

Santi, Poldi and Giroud all owed that performance I feel. Hopefully get a bit of consistancy from these guys now.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

When was Kallstrom's last start in a professional game? 6 months ago against some random Russian team? He wasn't perfect but I thought he did well all things considered. Although to be honest I bet Wenger never intended to actually play him when he signed... he's only there with the current/recent injuries to Wilshere, Ozil, Ramsey, Rosicky, Oxlade Chamberlain and Diaby( :great: ).

But it's Everton's turn tonight. Crystal Palace with 3 wins in a row, including that 1-0 win against Chelsea, so it could be tough for Martinez tonight. I guess you could say, tonight could be where we see the tofees become unstuck. :-D

... Don't worry I'm here all week! (wave)

Shales

Seabass wrote:When was Kallstrom's last start in a professional game? 6 months ago against some random Russian team? He wasn't perfect but I thought he did well all things considered. Although to be honest I bet Wenger never intended to actually play him when he signed... he's only there with the current/recent injuries to Wilshere, Ozil, Ramsey, Rosicky, Oxlade Chamberlain and Diaby( :great: ).

But it's Everton's turn tonight. Crystal Palace with 3 wins in a row, including that 1-0 win against Chelsea, so it could be tough for Martinez tonight. I guess you could say, tonight could be where we see the tofees become unstuck. :-D

... Don't worry I'm here all week! (wave)
This season is getting ridiculous! I was probably expecting Palace to be solid and perhaps get a draw at tops, but 3 goals away is incredible against Everton. Ian Wright being an ex Palace player will be mighty pleased as am I.

And how about Sunderland nearly beating City? City have it all to do now. Looking at this weeks fixtures, I don't see any slip ups from Chelsea, City and Liverpool. So only 3 games to go after that (4 for City)

Chelsea v Sunderland
Norwich City v Liverpool
Man City v West Brom