UEFA Champions League [2013/14]

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Re: UEFA Champions League [2013/14]

Post by JCFast » 3 years ago

Could have even at times believed that Arsenal could have scored those 2 more goals to seal it. Glad to see Atletico go through and maintain their form.

Now tonight's games. I think City will make it really tight for Barcelona. I'm envisioning them going 2 ahead in the first half, then get completely barraged by Barcelona in the second half and only conceding at like the 80th minute after Kompany does something silly. Then Barcelona will hit them once more and get a more respectable 2-2 tie out of it.

In the other match, I'm expecting Zlatan to zlatanera Bayer Leverkusen again, maybe a hat-trick? I know they could keep him on the bench since the game isn't really that important, but Zlatan has some records to break so, he'll do it. Another 4-0 for PSG.

"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 3 years ago

Tonight the Drog returns to Stamford Bridge where Galatasaray take on Chelsea. It was 1-1 in Istanbul two weeks ago so it's all to play for in London this evening. For my predictions, this time I'm going for a 3-1 Chelsea win. I just can't see the Turkish getting any delight tonight (see what I did there? ;) )

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Pete Evo wrote:Tonight the Drog returns to Stamford Bridge where Galatasaray take on Chelsea. It was 1-1 in Istanbul two weeks ago so it's all to play for in London this evening. For my predictions, this time I'm going for a 3-1 Chelsea win. I just can't see the Turkish getting any delight tonight (see what I did there? ;) )
I am hoping for a chelsea win. I can't see how they could muck this one up at home. Chelsea being in the Quarters will be great for the title race.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Champions League quarter final draw.

Barcelona - Atletico Madrid
Real Madrid - Borussia Dortmund
Paris Saint-Germain - Chelsea
Man United - Bayern Munich

A good draw for Chelsea, can definitely see them getting through against PSG.. although same can't be said about Man Utd... :lol:

JCFast
Regular
Regular

Interesting game for Chelsea tonight. José going all guns blazing, something you don't see very often. :D

I think Real Madrid will stroll through theirs with similar ease as in the first leg. Atletico Madrid and Barcelona just seems too even, but considering how annoying the world can be, I think Barcelona will just end up beating them, in CL and in league, a real shame that one... But Bayern Munich and Man United, for some reason I'd love to see United progress, just for the laughs, and for my hate of Guardiola's famed make-you-fall-asleep-watching-football kind of football.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

Perfectly poised for tonight. Chelsea need goals but they can't gamble too much as conceding just once could be enough to send PSG through. Should be a cracker for the neutrals. :great:

For score predictions, I'm going with a 2-1 Chelsea win (PSG through 4-3 on aggregate). As for Real against Dortmund, I'll go with a 2-1 win for Madrid.
Join me in the Football Forum!

Shales

Seabass wrote:Perfectly poised for tonight. Chelsea need goals but they can't gamble too much as conceding just once could be enough to send PSG through. Should be a cracker for the neutrals. :great:

For score predictions, I'm going with a 2-1 Chelsea win (PSG through 4-3 on aggregate). As for Real against Dortmund, I'll go with a 2-1 win for Madrid.
I can't see past PSG getting through, but I also can see a "cheesey" Chelsea night with goals from who else but Lampard and Terry.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Shales wrote:
Seabass wrote:Perfectly poised for tonight. Chelsea need goals but they can't gamble too much as conceding just once could be enough to send PSG through. Should be a cracker for the neutrals. :great:

I can't see past PSG getting through, but I also can see a "cheesey" Chelsea night with goals from who else but Lampard and Terry.
Lampard with a deflection or/and penalty and then a John Terry header? Sounds about right to me! :-D

JCFast
Regular
Regular

Seabass wrote:
Shales wrote:

Lampard with a deflection or/and penalty and then a John Terry header? Sounds about right to me! :-D
Or maybe, maybe even a late 90th minute Ivanovic tap in after a very controversial and oddly contested corner? :-D

JCFast
Regular
Regular

Scintillating performance last night. Typical Chelsea, pure achieving without the fuss of playing sleep-inducing passing football. Different goalscorers though than anticipated. :-D

Hope Moyes can do the same. Would be much more interesting to see Man Utd progress, and keeping the hope alive for another Chelsea - Man Utd final.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Ha, we weren't far wrong! Great win for Chelsea, albeit against a Zlatanless PSG. Cavani is still massively overrated for me but fair play to Chelsea they held on and got the winner.

I actually watched the Dortmund game last night. When Reus got the second, I genuinely thought the BVB miracle was going to happen. I just hope Mkhitaryan isn't feeling too low this morning, he must have missed at least 3 very good chances.

As for tonight, I'm torn between the two games. Tempted to watch Atletico against Barca but will probably stick with Bayern as I think Man Utd will totally screw over the footballing Gods by going through on away goals. :lol:

Shales

Seabass wrote: Cavani is still massively overrated for me
Couldn't agree more. He's a good player but totally not the "world class" bracket that so many put him in.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Shales wrote:
Couldn't agree more. He's a good player but totally not the "world class" bracket that so many put him in.
He's probably world class in Serie A. But for me, the quality of the league doesn't compare with the Premier League and Champions League (and others). Just look at how Gervinho is doing for Roma, he's taken the league by storm! :-D

JCFast
Regular
Regular

Seabass wrote:
Shales wrote:
He's probably world class in Serie A. But for me, the quality of the league doesn't compare with the Premier League and Champions League (and others). Just look at how Gervinho is doing for Roma, he's taken the league by storm! :-D
I'd say the same about Lavezzi, and to be honest, could the same be even said for Ibrahimovic!? I mean he has played decently everywhere, but he's really shined in Italy and France... Champions League success always eludes him. And now saying he's too old for the Premier League... :roll:

Torn about tonight's games as well! On the other hand, really interested in seeing Barca getting dropped, and there's a brilliant La Liga commentator assigned to that match. Then again I'd even more want to see Bayern Munich get dropped by a funny Man Utd. Oh the choices, oh the choices... It's only a shame I don't have the required equipment to watch them side by side. Or well I could move my TVs, but that's too much work setting that up. Maybe I'll watch first if Bayern start dominating Man Utd or not. And if they do, I'll switch channels. :lol:

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

I actually put £10 on Bayern to win the Champions League at the start of the season.. so now you know who I want to win tonight. :twisted:

Here's my predicted semi final draws:

Bayern Munich - Chelsea
Atletico Madrid - Real Madrid

I still expect Barcelona to go through tonight but I'm only rooting for Atleti as they're the underdogs. :-)