FIFA World Cup 2014

GradeACallum
Regular
Regular
Supports: Man Utd

Re: FIFA World Cup 2014

Post by GradeACallum » 3 years ago

Some great games against last night. Australia played really well and showed a few defensive cracks in the Dutch defence.

The Cahill volley was also sublime.

Great game by Chile too. Am I the only person who saw Spain getting knocked out in the groups prior to the World Cup though?

"Kids Come To Win, Men Come To Play The Game. The Pitch Is Ours!!!"
Twitter: @GradeA_Callum
Web: http://www.Grade-A.co.uk
Yotube: AgentBoomerang
XBl: Agent Bommerang
PSN: GradeA_Callum

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

Well, that's England out! Can't say I'm totally surprised but still annoying that our run has ended already. Four years of waiting and it's over after just two matches. :?

Fair play to Costa Rica though, well and truly deserve to go through. It wouldn't actually surprise me if England up end losing to them on Tuesday.
Join me in the Football Forum!

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 3 years ago

Seabass wrote:Well, that's England out! Can't say I'm totally surprised but still annoying that our run has ended already. Four years of waiting and it's over after just two matches. :?

Fair play to Costa Rica though, well and truly deserve to go through. It wouldn't actually surprise me if England up end losing to them on Tuesday.
Yeah... That was kind of sad. But at least Spain fell too... (wave)

But what can you expect really with Hodgson. The squad seems good, but just lacks that last push. Which probably should come from Hodgson and didn't. The guy's just not very inspiring me thinks. :P

Costa Rica sure is a surprise.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Currently in Egypt and have been since Thursday. Arrived at the hotel and just got to the tv screens a few mins before Suarez scored his first against us. Good atmos as there are tons of different nationalities here at the hotel. Watched as many games as I can here. Looking forward to cameroon Brazil later. This is where the roon will come alive and shock the world. Get a tenner on the roon ; )
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 3 years ago

Woah, sounds like fun Shales! Hope you're having fun out there. It's actually pretty warm in England still, around 23°, although I know where I'd rather be given the choice! ;)

I think I'll watch Mexico-Croatia tonight, the second place playoff. No money on it but just hoping for a decent game!

Shales

Pete Evo wrote:Woah, sounds like fun Shales! Hope you're having fun out there. It's actually pretty warm in England still, around 23°, although I know where I'd rather be given the choice! ;)

I think I'll watch Mexico-Croatia tonight, the second place playoff. No money on it but just hoping for a decent game!
Cheers Pete, Yeah it's pretty amazing here. Like a true Brit I'm totally burnt but it's now turning into a decent brown. I can handle a few days of stinging pain for a good tan come the end of it. Been playing footy each day for an hour with a load of nippers. It's hotter here than Brazil. Don't know what the over paid pretenders are complaining about in Brazil ; ) I'm guessing the hotel will be showing holland v chile and Brazil cameroon. Hopefully I can get both games in tonight.

Shales

Is this the worst World Cup England have ever had? It's got to be. Dreadful game. I'm glad Italy went out. I haven't seen any of their game except the goal. If Italy tried to defend all game then I'm glad Uruguay nicked it.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 3 years ago

Shales wrote:Is this the worst World Cup England have ever had?
Yes and no...we've failed to qualify, which is ultimately worse in my book.

England aside though the tournament has been fantastic. Lots of goals, early ones, late ones, big upsets and an act of cannibalism. Back fives and wing backs have come back in fashion, along with teams running themselves into the ground for 90 minutes to stop the opposition playing....yet still everyone seems to be playing pretty attacking football.

Shales

Of course, USA 94 and graham Taylor not liking orange ; )

Just seen the whole Suarez thing. The chap is mental. Hope he now gets a huge 10 game ban. And to then fake a facial injury. The chap is a total cheat. Thought he'd improved last season but clearly not. Hope he does go to real or barca. Get him out the prem.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

It actually would have been ironic if Chiellini did knock his teeth out. Let's face it though, it's what Suarez deserves. The guy's an imbecile. Not sure how anyone with a brain can defend him again? :|

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 3 years ago

I do find the reaction to it a bit odd. I think it was 5 Live this morning when someone said he'd prefer a headbutt in the face than getting bitten...really? I don't think he should play in this World Cup again and a good handful of international games afterwards. The national team aren't exactly covering themselves in glory with the photoshop claims either so they probably deserve to lose him too.

I'm certainly not defending him because biting like pulling hair, spitting and punching someone in the balls is a cheap shot and shows a lack of respect on a number of levels. That all said I don't think it's any worse than intentionally swinging your elbow into someones face...or in Alan "ban him for as long as you can" Shearer's case kicking Neil Lennon in the face whilst he's on the floor.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

itstroff wrote:That all said I don't think it's any worse than intentionally swinging your elbow into someones face...or in Alan "ban him for as long as you can" Shearer's case kicking Neil Lennon in the face whilst he's on the floor.
Yes, exactly! Hypocritical b-tard! :evil:

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 3 years ago

Final 8 now boys, my pick the argies are still in the running so hopefully they can bring home the money. Curious to see anyone have any decent bets on over the tourny ?

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

No bets but my girlfriend got Germany in her sweepstakes at work and she says that we'll share the winnings. :D

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 3 years ago

hahaha i got the argies at 8/1 before the start of the tournament so ill be happy enough if they can do the job :)