📢 Forums updated! Please go here for more information.

Who Do You Support?

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Re: Who Do You Support?

Post by JCFast » 4 years ago

fulhamross wrote:u love super super rich owners? :?
"projects" :lol:
Yeah, I guess so.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

radrsb
Amateur
Amateur

Post by radrsb » 4 years ago

onlyproevo wrote:I think you can only genuinely support one team, and one team early.

I support other (smaller) teams, but it's nothing compared to my support for Arsenal.

Would anyone disagree with this?
I've had to say you're right. I've only been following football for 2 years and have been torn between City and Arsenal. It's bloody strange lol and I feel I need to renounce one or the other completely sooner or later. Guess I'd have to say I'm more of a Citizen though.

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Sheff Wed BvB Fire

Post by Jay_Overidde » 4 years ago

I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan. Been an up and down season so far this season with hopefully safety gaurenteed saturday before we play the posh
Twitter - @_flipflopfriday
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

killhi12
Reserve
Reserve
Supports: Hereford FC

Post by killhi12 » 4 years ago

I'm a bull (hereford united) fan but I also like Wigan athletic hope they stay up

2badmice
Beginner
Beginner
Supports: Manchester United

Post by 2badmice » 4 years ago

I don't get the supporting two teams malarky, makes me feel odd thinking about it.

I am a Manchester United fan, have been since 1982. Went to my first match, back when going to matches was affordable, in 1983 and there's been no looking back since.

My Dad supported Manchester United he got me into them, although he had drifted away from football before I was born. Most of my family is United red, except for the odd City fan, who want to be different.

Salford Reds we are here! :great:
@MikeCorsten

High Road
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Trad Brick+Westfalen

Post by High Road » 4 years ago

It's always been United for me, however I've been a huge watcher of the Bundesliga for several years now. Have a huge soft spot for Dortmund which goes back to seeing the likes of Koller and RosickĂ˝ ripping it up at EURO 2004! Although I don't support them at all I go to watch Cork City play because they're the closest club to where I live. I don't appreciate dire football so I don't go often.

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub

High Road wrote:It's always been United for me, however I've been a huge watcher of the Bundesliga for several years now. Have a huge soft spot for Dortmund which goes back to seeing the likes of Koller and RosickĂ˝ ripping it up at EURO 2004! Although I don't support them at all I go to watch Cork City play because they're the closest club to where I live. I don't appreciate dire football so I don't go often.
Try going to watch Salthill Devon, I did once had to take myself some alcoholic beverage and a picnic as it was in the middle of nowhere in the hills of Galway. That was the last time I went to Ireland lol
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

High Road
Amateur
Amateur

Lol, was going to attempt to join Salthill Devin at the start of the season, think I'd have to get a trial though!

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub

Do it fella gets you into football at a semi pro level although Mervue are doing pretty well this season aren't they?
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

High Road
Amateur
Amateur

They would be a bit out of my league! Yeah they're top of the Irish Under 19 league, not hobbling along either!

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 3 years ago

Locky wrote:QPR :-D

Two great new signings, great manager, good players in general. No way will we be relegated this year. Next year will HOPEFULLY be mid-table.
:shock: :lol:
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Efigy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Efigy » 3 years ago

Well, to add my contribution to the table, I support Sport Lisboa e Benfica. They went to the semi-final and final of europa league these past years (alongside with FC Porto and SC Braga) and we have 5 CL finals, in witch we won 3. The stadium atmosphere is called "Inferno da Luz" roughly translated to Light's Hell (the stadium name is Estádio da Luz, i believe sunderland has the Stadium of Light over there, it's the translation)...we were born in 1904 and iv'e been with the boys for two and a half years fully present, instead of just watching the games on Tv. Some matches bring the best of the fans, although most are very critical about the team and the coaches etc and i can´t stand them so i joined what you called a "firm". For us it's called "Claque", where it's only support for the team, no matter what and that's how i like it. No violence though, not for me at least.

The teams i support in europe are:
FC Bayern Munchen
Juventus
Man City
Real Madrid

Wildinho23
Beginner
Beginner
Supports: Preston North End

Post by Wildinho23 » 3 years ago

Hadn't been on this forum until I saw a link in Seabass' signature.

I'm a Preston North End (PNE) fan, and have been since my dad took me on my first game in 1990. Enjoy the fact it's my local team, and now we're starting to bring our own players through from the youth team, it's bringing some of the local feel back. I like watching any football to be honest, but would happily watch PNE instead, but having a season ticket from 1990/91 to 2007/08 was given up when I got married and was a bit short of cash that summer.

My favourite elite team are AS Roma, after I got tickets for the Rome derby in 2003, which was the most amazing atmosphere I've experienced. I don't have a favourite Premier League team, but have friends who follow Man Utd, Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool.

I would say to anyone who follows a bigger team, to try going to as many stadiums as you can, as you can experience a matchday without feeling the nerves of watching your own team. On Boxing Day I went to Accrington Stanley v York City with a family member who's a York fan. Different atmosphere, but still the same passion, just in smaller numbers. Took me up to 83 stadiums visited too:
http://www.footballgroundmap.com/wildinho23
http://twitter.com/wildinho23
XBL Gamertag: Wildinho23

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 2 years ago

Manchester United and Queen of the south

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana