๐Ÿ“ข Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Barclays Premier League Thread [2011/12]

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Barclays Premier League Thread [2011/12]

Post by Mike » 7 years ago

A new season kicks off, after a long summer of silly transfer rumours and boring friendlies. ;)

The greatest league in the world has returned this afternoon. Everyone plays this weekend (and Monday night), apart from Spurs and Everton, as the match has been postponed, due to the London riots.

Use this thread for all EPL discussion.

โœ… ๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Re: Barclays Premier League Thread [2011/12]

Post by Will » 7 years ago

I think I'll just shut up right now. Or I'll put it in a polite way: I don't really like Joey Barton.
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Mike
Founder
Founder

It's hard to contain my anger, after today's game. I genuinely thought it was a penalty - even Robbie Savage did too!

But it's just another example of how we're punished from the referee not being strong enough, from the start. And this is not the first time Joey Barton has gotten away with murder against us.

Referees need to come out after each game and share their views in the public eye.

An incredibly painful afternoon. We weren't great, and probably didn't deserve to win, but game's like this send me towards the edge. :oops:

At least our back 5 were class today. Who said we needed a new goalkeeper and centre back?!
โœ… ๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 7 years ago

It was a horrendous decision. I felt sorry for Arsenal today. I know they weren't great today, but Newcastle didn't deserve anything - especially Barton! :evil:

Mike
Founder
Founder

Chelsea travel to Stoke today, in what I expect to be a hard challenge.

Expecting both Man United and Chelsea to win, although Stoke may cause a few problems for AVB's league debut. ;)
โœ… ๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Will » 7 years ago

Ouch, De Geaโ€ฆ Great save one moment, flopped completely the next. Maybe a bit harsh but two drops in two games is not a very promising start at your new club - especially not when it's called Man United ;)

Another thing about that goal, his technique was completely wrong when trying to save that shot (a gk myself). When it's a low shot, always slide your arm along the ground instead of trying to go directly down on the ball like he did. It's basic, learned that when I was 10. :?
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Mike
Founder
Founder

Again, he makes a crucial mistake. Still a good goalkeeper, but not having the best starts to his Manchester United career, so far.

Man United will still win this year game. WBA just aren't good enough, and should run out of steam eventually.
โœ… ๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

DoctorOotker
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by DoctorOotker » 7 years ago

Kinda glad we (spurs) are playing man utd soon at this rate, pot shots from 40 yards : D
In all seriousness though, it was always going to be a difficult start for him what with the responsibility he was taking from van der sar....
"Nice Beaver...."
Frank Drebin, Naked Gun

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 7 years ago

woooooooooooooooooo off to a winning start.

Lucky winning goal but pressed until the goal went in and done enough. De Gea did make a mistake but when he gets confidence im sure he will be great another 20 years in him though

West Brom may shock a few teams this season again.

If stats are right then Man City will fail to win tomorrow night as no teams have won at home so far.

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

Kele
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Kele » 7 years ago

Don't really watch EPL but watched the Liverpool game live and the watched full match highlight of the Chelsea game today. Rather impressed with Suarez, shame he never scored but I rated him very highly. Mata is going to be a good player for Chelsea signed him for my master league team in pes top quality prospect but in pes his through balls are hurrendous, I'm sure he is much better in real life. Lukaku is going to be huge. Only ever seen him play once for Anderlecht and he was quality. Ridiculous that he is build like that and is younger than even me. In that game I seen he scored then took his top off only to reveal his absolute monsterous 6 pack ;) although the goal was then wrongly dissalowed and he got booked haha :)
!Let's All Do The Huddle!

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Post by Rage06 » 7 years ago

I'm on an Arsenal Fever today, can't stop watching these amazing videos on YouTube:

[youtube]oPGqPuM0Iqk[/youtube]
[youtube]lXAZJ28s1rU[/youtube]

The reshuffle and comeback starts today :cry:

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by djwavfc » 7 years ago

omg so happy to get a win finally after so many draws. :shock:

Mike
Founder
Founder

A great win for Villa. Saw the Agbonlahor goal and it was like someone had rewound the clock by 3 years.

North London derby tomorrow. Part of me is dreading it, to be honest! :?
โœ… ๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Post by Rage06 » 7 years ago

Ox man will shine, have no fear ;)

Mike
Founder
Founder

I don't like when players kiss the badge. In recent years, it's been an action that couldn't mean less to me. :(

But on a good note, I admire Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. He was fantastic against Olympiacos on Wednesday night. Probably, my man of the match.

I was out in Portsmouth once and I saw him out. Nice guy who seemed really determined to make it. Although now, with Arsene Wenger at the helm, I doubt he'll get many chances to go out again from now on! :-D
โœ… ๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ’Ÿ