📢 Forums updated! Please go here for more information.

Transfers & Rumours

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Re: Transfers & Rumours

Post by Pete Evo » 3 years ago

As an O's fan, I can't understand why any Arsenal fan would want Wenger to walk. What he's given the club is just unbelievable. I'd give my right nut for a new stadium and to go a whole season unbeaten in League 1 let alone the Premiership!! :great:

I just think it would be interesting to see how Ferguson, Mancini, Mourinho and all the other Chelsea managers would do if they didn't have the luxury of spending hundreds of millions every transfer window. My two favourite managers are Wenger and Moyes :-) .... speaking of which I'm delighted for Moyes that he's been given the chance at Man U. I've always said I wanted to see him at a big club. I wonder how he'll do with the endless pot of cash now.

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 3 years ago

Looks like he doesnt know what to do with the money :/ Just hope he relises we need to strenghten or we will be left behind by city and chelsea next season.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

I'm sure he will spend the money now that's he got it. Like I say I'm pleased for Moyes but I just hope that his absence doesn't have any negative effects on Everton. A proper traditional club that I want to see fighting towards the top and I hope it can stay that way. :oops:

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Seabass wrote:Shales, as a part time fan of Arsenal, I can totally understand where you're coming from. If there's a Premier League club where Cesc belongs to, it's Arsenal and only Arsenal. :great:
Yep, you know know it seabass

http://mash.network.coull.com/activatev ... gain%2F%3F
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 3 years ago

Do you think the factor that its Moyes and not a better known more established manager is there in regards to attracting the "Bigger Players" Surely been a club of Uniteds Stature should be good enough.

Shales

Flash11 wrote:Do you think the factor that its Moyes and not a better known more established manager is there in regards to attracting the "Bigger Players" Surely been a club of Uniteds Stature should be good enough.
Yeah I reckon it will have some impact. Fergie is known worldwide, his success is unrivaled so he is a massive attraction to players. Will many of the foreign players know who Moyes is? He's obviously a household name in England but I personally couldn't tell you who the Udinese manager is. Would that be the same for the Italians? Would they be able to tell you who the Everton Manager is/was.

Utd are obviously in the top 5 biggest clubs in the world so attracting players should not be a problem. Utd rarely go through a season without a trophy. But could you even say Moyes is in the top 10 best managers in the world?

Would RVP have gone there is Moyes was in charge? I remember him saying how shocked he was when Fergie announced his retirement. It's no doubt going to be interesting to see how this season plays out.

Shales

So reading various news sources today, it seems Arsene will not up the Suarez bid from 40m (&£1). Hoping that this contract clause thing is actually genuine not some kind of nonsense b0ll0cks thing. So basically lets drag this out for as long as possible and possibly get out bid (if there are any clubs interested).

So it seems that no matter how much money the club has, we will still not pay asking price.

Arsene "Yes we can afford Wayne Rooney"
Utd "Ok, he's up for sale at 30m"
Arsene "We wont go higher than 25m"

I'd love to see what happens if his wife got kidknapped,

Kidnapper "you have 30 days to come up with 5million"
Arsene ".....hmmm ok I drag this out for 29 days offering 4million until the day 30"

Getting a bit of a joke now

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

It's called neogotiating, Shales. Wenger obviously isn't a stupid man so I think he knows what the team needs. I don't get panicked during transfer windows, especially when there's a whole month left before this window expires!! ;)

Shales

Pete Evo wrote:It's called neogotiating, Shales. Wenger obviously isn't a stupid man so I think he knows what the team needs. I don't get panicked during transfer windows, especially when there's a whole month left before this window expires!! ;)
I just feel business needs to be done very soon. I know I obviously pay a lot more attention to arsenals transfers to anyone else's, but it seems we are a push over when we sell, and also not aggressive enough when we buy. Fab was sold for 35mil. Barca made it clear they weren't bidding higher than that. Look what spurs are doing with bale. They clearly don't want to sell him so it will take ridiculous money to get him. Same as Suarez. Arsenal sell players too easily and struggle to buy players. That's just how I see it.

I'll happily eat lots of humble pie at the end of the window and we've signed 2 or 3 high level players.
; )

But I can't see much happening right now. Considering it takes us weeks to get anything done when we are genuinely after a player.

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

I hope Suarez doesn't go to an English club, will piss me off so much. I want him to hurry up and go, but somewhere abroad!
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

Nades wrote:I hope Suarez doesn't go to an English club, will piss me off so much. I want him to hurry up and go, but somewhere abroad!
Purely on a footballing sense I'd like to see him stay in the Premier League. I don't get to watch much foreign football (apart from the occasional La Liga game on Sunday nights) and for all his problems, I can't doubt his talents. Whether at Liverpool or Arsenal or anyone else for that matter, I hope he decides to stay in England.
Join me in the Football Forum!

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

I could just about deal with him staying at Liverpool, but if he wants out then I want him out, simple. Just not to a English club :(
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Think his days at Liverpool are numbered. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23592181
Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season I'd be allowed to go.
Biting and racism aside, Suarez would be a top signing for Arsenal. A front three of Walcott, Suarez and Cazorla would be so deadly! So good Podolski and Giroud would have to sit on the bench! :o

Shales

Pete Evo wrote:Think his days at Liverpool are numbered. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23592181
Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season I'd be allowed to go.
Biting and racism aside, Suarez would be a top signing for Arsenal. A front three of Walcott, Suarez and Cazorla would be so deadly! So good Podolski and Giroud would have to sit on the bench! :o
Would be interesting to see what wenger does. I think Wenger is in love with Giroud so I can't see him dropping him to give Suarez the middle man up front.

Although biting aside, what if Chelsea give up on Rooney and try for Suarez. Can't rule that out. I am used to Arsenal being out gunned by bigger clubs so I always think of the other scenarios

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Will » 3 years ago

Why would Wenger be in love with Giroud? It's not like he religiously stuck by him all season last year, despite him playing horribly - he had a good first season (scored 17 goals, remember?).

Suarez would get the spot up front if he joined, of course. No sense to spend that kind of money on a player and then not play him in his preferred position.

But let's see what happens, don't think this saga is quite over yet.