Transfers & Rumours

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: Transfers & Rumours

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

Didn't Arsenal put in a bid for Cabaye on Sunday? If so, not a bad signing for them if it happens. Although I don't think Cabaye was their first choice. A good player but hardly a gamechanger if you need him in the Champions League. IMO.

Join me in the Football Forum!

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

Seabass wrote:Didn't Arsenal put in a bid for Cabaye on Sunday? If so, not a bad signing for them if it happens. Although I don't think Cabaye was their first choice. A good player but hardly a gamechanger if you need him in the Champions League. IMO.
Yeah it became public last night before the City Newcastle game. The £10 mil bid was pretty much laughed off by Newcastle, they are rumoured to want double that.

Agree that he is a good player but it's still just a typical Arsenal signing. He would slot in nicely but not really improve much. Arsenal need much better players than what they already have.

I really can't see Arsenal signing anyone with the quality that Wenger says he is looking for. He got himself in early trouble when he said the club can afford players like Rooney. Speaking for myself, that massively raised the expectations of signing this summer. Still at this point in time, we are around 10 mil up.

I know it's easy for us fans to scream and shout about getting a striker but when you think about it, who is actually available? The only ones that are, are the Current Arsenal level of players. How can you actually replace RVP? Watching the Utd Swans game highlighted that he was the massive difference in that game. Swansea had the better stats but RVP scored two goals out of nothing. What striker is out there who can create these chances from nothing?? I have no doubt that Giroud will score goals but everything has to be on a plate for him. RVP creates a large % of this goals himself.

I am totally realistic about the players Arsenal can attract, that's why I can't see Arsenal getting anyone of the Saurez calibre. Wenger shot himself in the foot when he said we can afford players like Rooney. He's pretty much provided his own rope to hang himself.

Wenger can't get himself out if his one. Unless he finds his "magic hat" which we haven't seen for ages.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Shales

Wow, so Ajax pretty much admitting Eriksen is going to join Spurs. Great talent and it's going to be cheap too. I would have thought Utd might have taken an Interest in him as they are looking for a midfielder.

What the hell are Arsenal playing at! Seriously!

Shales

Wow, so Arsenal did get Ozil : ) That is an unreal signing for Arsenal. I can't explain the feeling attached to this signing for me. For Arsenal to shatter their record by 26m is crazy.

But the Elephant in the room has to be why the heck did we not get a striker? Only Giroud until January! Well January 31st actually. Poldi out for 10 weeks, theo not the type to play the middle man for me. Sanogo looked no where near ready for first team.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

Shales wrote:What the hell are Arsenal playing at! Seriously!
Patience is a virtue, my friend. I'm glad the Club made you change your tune. ;)

As for strikers, I think we'll cope. Even if Giroud gets injured, we can probably throw Walcott up top and Cazorla and Özil can play the wings - with Ramsey, Wilshere and Flamini in the middle. That's still a bloody strong side.

And like I was discussing with a mate last night, if Giroud is our only 'proper' striker for the next 8-10 weeks, we won't be alone. Suarez at Liverpool, van Persie at Man United, Falcao at every club he's been at, and even Messi and Ronaldo to an extent (take them out of Barca and Real Madrid respectively and the clubs would miss their goals).

Fortunately, *touch wood*, Giroud has a very good injury record. Of course I'd feel more comfortable with a Benzema or Demba Ba in our side but don't forget we've just spent £42 on one player - that's a lot of money for a club like ours who's living in the real world! :-D
✅ 🐦 💟

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

Can't wait to see Ozil in the Prem... you lucky Arsenal fans!!! ;)

Shales

I am not one bit ungrateful for the Ozil signing. In isolation that is massive. I just can't help but feel frustrated about not getting in another player. Just wonder if it would have been different if the Ozil deal didn't drag on until 10:30pm.

I even loaded up Pes at around 11pm and transfered Ozil into my Arsenal MLO side. With Viviano too.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

I'll be honest, I did expect one more signing but I'm content with what we've got. Should be good to see Viviano challenge Szczesny for the # 1 spot, but I'm absolutely ecstatic about Flamini and Ozil - even though the latter was "close" for way too long for my liking! :lol:
Shales wrote:I even loaded up Pes at around 11pm and transfered Ozil into my Arsenal MLO side. With Viviano too.
So I wasn't the only one then! :great:
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales

Haha, I hadn't played any MLO for a while so I had a lot of transfers to make. Previously jumped the gun a lot of times beacuse I had to shift out Higuain, Suarez, Gustavo, Cesar. My squad is now,

Szcz
Viviano
Eboue
Kolo
Verm
Kos
Gibbs
Sagna
Yaya
Perea (only play him when I have to, against VDM etc)
Song
Arteta
Wilshere
Rosicky
Reyes
Santi
OZIL
Theo
Poldi
Nasri (really really didn't want to but needed a strong squad)
RVP
Giroud

I've got a few old boys in there. We did have Yaya on trail so that counts ; ) Much more fun playing with this team. I'll have to get Flamini later.

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 4 years ago

:roll: Yeah we got Felliani. Envy arsenal at this point and also liverpool who signed some top quality players too.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 4 years ago

Ah man, so happy Ozil has come to England. Been a long time follower of his... even got a Werder shirt with his name on the back! ;) He's definitely going straight into my fantasy league team :).

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Sheff Wed BvB Fire

Post by Jay_Overidde » 4 years ago

Well looks like the Lewandowski saga is finally at an end with him coming out and saying he's signing a pre contract with Bayern in Jan.. Can't say I'm not surprised I am a little gutted but not at all surprised. Still has me baffled how playing for Bayern will possess new challenges
Twitter - @_flipflopfriday
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

Shales

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

So, not long until the window shuts. I must say that I am ober excited over the prospect of Draxler coming to Arsenal. It's an odd one to me though. Yeah his potential is huge but we are not exactly crying out for another player of his ilk. But I do say we should get him before anyone else shows interest. We've pretty much got a free run on him. The potential fee is huge, especially comparing this to the Ozil deal. But I really don't want him to be playing for anyone else. If this deal happens, I hope this isn't the end of Poldi.

Been reading a bit about Chelsea selling Lukaku to fund a move for D.Costa. I'd love him to be at Arsenal next season. Get a loan deal for a striker to tie us over and then get Lukaku in the summer. He's proven in the prem and he's an utter beast. I don't know how this lad is only 19 or 20.

Tomorrow should be an excited day.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

Just go on to Sky Sports News and apparently the Schalke manager has said Draxler is staying http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... the-season
Schalke chief Horst Heldt insists that Arsenal target Julian Draxler is staying with the club for the rest of the season and 'probably' beyond.

Arsenal have been looking into sealing a move for the highly-rated German international.

But whilst the Gunners are continuing to pursue him, Schalke have insisted that he will be staying put.

"I am very sure that Julian will play in the second half for us - and probably beyond," sporting director Heldt said on Thursday.

The clock is ticking to the closure of the January Transfer Window. Find out how Sky Sports will bring you unrivalled coverage of the drama of Deadline Day. Not a Sky Sports subscriber? Watch Transfer Deadline Day on Sky Sports News with a Sky Sports Day Pass from NOW TV.
Heldt has long insisted that Draxler will be staying, despite the fact the player does have a release clause of £37million.

Arsene Wenger confirmed on Tuesday after Arsenal's draw at Southampton that he could be forced to bring in reinforcements ahead of Friday's transfer deadline.

"I hope we have something to tell you because we lost a few players now," Wenger said when asked about the prospect of new signings.
Draxler would be a good signing but I would think Arsenal would prefer to get a striker. If Giroud gets injured then I'm not sure Podolski can do it on his own, especially with no Walcott. Unless Wenger fancies turning Draxler into a striker (he did the same with ex winger Henry didn't he?)

Shales

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Seabass wrote:Just go on to Sky Sports News and apparently the Schalke manager has said Draxler is staying http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... the-season
Schalke chief Horst Heldt insists that Arsenal target Julian Draxler is staying with the club for the rest of the season and 'probably' beyond.

Arsenal have been looking into sealing a move for the highly-rated German international.

But whilst the Gunners are continuing to pursue him, Schalke have insisted that he will be staying put.

"I am very sure that Julian will play in the second half for us - and probably beyond," sporting director Heldt said on Thursday.

The clock is ticking to the closure of the January Transfer Window. Find out how Sky Sports will bring you unrivalled coverage of the drama of Deadline Day. Not a Sky Sports subscriber? Watch Transfer Deadline Day on Sky Sports News with a Sky Sports Day Pass from NOW TV.
Heldt has long insisted that Draxler will be staying, despite the fact the player does have a release clause of £37million.

Arsene Wenger confirmed on Tuesday after Arsenal's draw at Southampton that he could be forced to bring in reinforcements ahead of Friday's transfer deadline.

"I hope we have something to tell you because we lost a few players now," Wenger said when asked about the prospect of new signings.
Draxler would be a good signing but I would think Arsenal would prefer to get a striker. If Giroud gets injured then I'm not sure Podolski can do it on his own, especially with no Walcott. Unless Wenger fancies turning Draxler into a striker (he did the same with ex winger Henry didn't he?)
Quit being a killjoy Seabass ; )

Screw this transforming players into other positions. Lets just buy the ready made product. Arsene might have to pay the full 37m release clause. If that's even true.