Transfers & Rumours

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: Transfers & Rumours

Post by Mike » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:40 pm

We broke the bank to get Özil so there's no reason why history can't repeat itself. Also don't forget that the stadium debt has almost been paid off (I don't know the exact figure), and remember the Club is on the brink of getting £30m every year ( :great: ) thanks to our new sponsorship deal with Puma.

I expect our presence in the transfer market to improve, however, in terms of wages I can't see us competing with teams like Chelsea, Man City and PSG - not until UEFA's FFP rules come into play anyway.

But back to Draxler, I'm not going to get my hopes up. If we miss out, I'll accept it. But if we get him, it will be a bonus. :-)

RyanCodyx
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by RyanCodyx » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:24 pm

they need a striker not draxler tbf though, although he is class hes just a younger version of ozil when really we need a diego costa, benzema, even dzeko to bang them in, giroud is okay but not world class

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:32 am

Mike wrote:But back to Draxler, I'm not going to get my hopes up. If we miss out, I'll accept it. But if we get him, it will be a bonus. :-)
If we don't get him now when we seem we are the only team in talks, then I fear I best chance has gone. A few years ago we had all this speculation regarding Hazard but he ended up at Chelsea and look at what he's doing there. Lets just pull the trigger.

What I don't want is the nonsense short term deals like Kalou, Klose. Sod that.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

RyanCodyx
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by RyanCodyx » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:54 pm

instead of draxler their getting kalstrom and also want klose ? why are they going for veterans, they need to sign draxler or failing that benzema, personally id like to see them go for aubameyang but that wont happen

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:51 am

Would have loved Arsenal to get Draxler but the move was apparently blocked by the Schalke. Maybe Wenger can try again in the summer, where all the best deals happen anyway! ;)

Shales

Post by Shales » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:48 pm

Pete Evo wrote:Would have loved Arsenal to get Draxler but the move was apparently blocked by the Schalke. Maybe Wenger can try again in the summer, where all the best deals happen anyway! ;)
Hope so but there is going to be a danger of other clubs looking at him. Maybe we have done one of these agreements that we have him in the summer. Hope so.

The Kallstrom deal was a bit silly hey. Only Wenger to blame. That's what can happen when you leave it last minute to do deals.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:31 pm

Hey at least you got Ozil, Cazorla and Chamberlain to run things for you. It's not like you really need Kallstrom right now... assuming you guys don't get anymore injuries. I know Ramsey's about a month away but when's Wilshere meant to be back?

Shales

Post by Shales » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:47 pm

Pete Evo wrote:Hey at least you got Ozil, Cazorla and Chamberlain to run things for you. It's not like you really need Kallstrom right now... assuming you guys don't get anymore injuries. I know Ramsey's about a month away but when's Wilshere meant to be back?
Don't think I have seen a timescale for his return. It was a classic "he's out for not too long". I'd say Liverpool lunchtime Saturday is probably too early but perhaps the one after that.

The Ox obviously grabbed the headlines with 2 goals against palace but I thought he played well in that CM role. He can pass with either foot and was spreading a few longer passes around. Looked like a natural in that position. He'll have bigger tests than Palace though, but good that he's being played in the center before our tough run of games.

Shales

Post by Shales » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:09 am

Not liking all this Puma talk that's going on at the mo. Keep reading stuff like. "Puma want Balotelli", "Puma want Falcao". Can they really have a say in Arsenal's Transfers. Is the 30m per season we are receiving from Puma "our" money or "their" money.

I very much doubt Wenger would approve of this kind of sponsorship deal.

Shales

Post by Shales » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:42 am

Guillem Balague claiming on twitter that Morata will move to Arsenal if clubs can agree a fee. Was kind of hoping that Arsenal would be going for a more established player.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:22 pm

That could be a good move for all parties. Now that Jese is the one who's getting lots of game time at Real Madrid, it may be time for Morata to move on. I think he'd do well to get a move to a club like Arsenal although I think Wenger could do better and get someone with more experience. I'm not sure who's out there though, I guess it depends on the final league standings aka qualification for next season's Champions League! ;)
Join me in the Football Forum!

Shales

Post by Shales » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:22 pm

Guillem Balague just tweeted lasted news on Cesc. He's claiming that Cesc has been told to find a new club as Barca want the cash to buy Koke. Also Arsenal has supposedly already told Cesc that they don't want him.

Bring him back FFS. Last season we got slated for not having squad depth! He would get into every side in England. Everyone wants him too. Stupid not to sign him. I don't care if it Pushes Jack back in the order. £30 mil for a proper World Class player is a bargain.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:37 pm

I couldn't see him going anywhere else in England other than Arsenal. And I'm sure he's actually come out and said this in the past. If he leaves Barca and it isn't Arsenal, I can see him going to another country. Probably France or Italy, to the club who wants to pay him the most! :?

Either way I don't know if I have it in me to endure another summer of "Cesc is going to X, Cesc is leaving for Y, Cesc is actually staying". To be honest, unless it's confirmed by the clubs (or at least agents) themselves, like Lambert's move to Liverpool, it's most likely a load of bull just there to generate hits and money.
Join me in the Football Forum!

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Here's another reason to get excited for PES 2015...

:great:

Shales

Post by Shales » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Oh yes. But where is he going to play? He could finally be a proper replacement for Pires. I expect him to get his fair share of games as a number 9 too. Wenger is bringing the pace back!