📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Barclays Premier League [2012/13]

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Sheff Wed BvB Fire

Re: Barclays Premier League [2012/13]

Post by Jay_Overidde » 5 years ago

Well thats the 3 relegated teams decided. I do feel for Wigan but like a said to my mate after the FA cup final, if they played like that consistantly through the season they would easily be in the top half of the season and not always fighting for survival. The question is now who's going to take 4th place and who's going to be the 3rd team to be promoted?

Twitter - @_flipflopfriday
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

As an Arsenal fan I fear about the away trip to Newcastle on Sunday. I can't see Arsenal losing but I can see maybe a score draw.

Having Giroud back could be a bit of a problem. This season I've been undecided about him, not knowing if he's very unlucky or just shit. He does get chances and hits the woodwork a fair bit, and also has decent headers either saved or cleared off the line. Considering he won't be match sharp, I'd start with him on the bench and start with Poldi. Poldi will be removed in the 70th as he does every game. Hopefully the game will be safe by then.

I do like what Di Canio has said about his Sunderland players, that if they don't put a shift in he will cut short the summer break. Still, even with a gun to their heads, I don't see them beating Spurs at The Lane. A draw at the very most.

Should be a good Sunday. Just a shame there isn't a "survival Sunday" scenario this year.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

I don't want to jinx anything but I'm pretty confident we'll do the business on Sunday. With either Giroud or Podolski up top, our side should be good enough to win. I mean, if we can't beat Newcastle in a must-win game, we probably don't deserve to play Champions League football.

Either way, I'm just happy top four is still in our own hands. Although no one should think Tottenham will drop points against Sunderland. We should go for the worst possible scenario and go from there; assume they'll beat Sunderland 5-0, so our players go for the same result! ;)
✅ 🐦 💟

High Road
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Trad Brick+Westfalen

Post by High Road » 5 years ago

Apparently there's a chance of Arsenal and Chelsea being involved in a play off for fourth place. Under what scenario would that happen?

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 5 years ago

Arsenal's 4-1 win over Wigan on Tuesday means a 2-1 victory for the Arsenal at Newcastle, coupled with a 0-0 draw between Everton and Chelsea, would force a play-off. The same would apply to any scoreline between the two clubs which adds a goal to all four teams: so 3-2 and 1-1 or 4-3 and 2-2.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

Flash11 wrote:Arsenal's 4-1 win over Wigan on Tuesday means a 2-1 victory for the Arsenal at Newcastle, coupled with a 0-0 draw between Everton and Chelsea, would force a play-off. The same would apply to any scoreline between the two clubs which adds a goal to all four teams: so 3-2 and 1-1 or 4-3 and 2-2.
If it happens, the play off should be played at The Lane just to rub it into Spurs face.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Sheff Wed BvB Fire

Post by Jay_Overidde » 5 years ago

Shales wrote:If it happens, the play off should be played at The Lane just to rub it into Spurs face.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Made me laugh, something I'd say about playing at the lane to wind Sheff Utd up. Interesting scenario the play-offs, will be 2 legs? or just 1 on a neutral ground?
Twitter - @_flipflopfriday
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

Just seen a potential play-off with be held at Villa Park on Sunday 26th May. I bet the Premier League will do their best to make sure this game happens! I wouldn't blame them, I want it to happen!! :P
Join me in the Football Forum!

High Road
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Trad Brick+Westfalen

Post by High Road » 5 years ago

Two northern teams playing the F.A. Cup final at Wembley and two London clubs having to go to Birmingham for a playoff is quite funny I think.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

High Road wrote:Two northern teams playing the F.A. Cup final at Wembley and two London clubs having to go to Birmingham for a playoff is quite funny I think.
Thank God, there was no play-off as I'm seeing Muse on Sunday so wouldn't have been able to get to Villa Park in time.

Very pleased with the final day of the season. Assuming we can get through the qualifying stage, it will be another season in the Champions League. :great:

A tough season as an Arsenal fan but probably been my most enjoyable year as the away days have been absolutely quality - with Newcastle on Sunday being the best one of the lot. Geordies must be the most friendly set of fans on the planet!
✅ 🐦 💟