The Arsenal Thread

RyanCodyx
Squad Player
Squad Player

The Arsenal Thread

Post by RyanCodyx » 5 years ago

Well.. Where do I start..
The past few seasons have been horrible if your an arsenal fan, im appalled to call myself an arsenal fan lately, the days of challenging for 1st are well and truly gone, we havent won a cup in about 7 years now (correct me if im wrong)
And Arsene Wenger just doesnt seem to give a monkeys, hes sold amazing players like Henry, RVP , Song , Fabregas , Nasri , A.Cole in the past few years and what players has he brought in to replace them ? AVERAGE players if you ask me, Giroud - average , Podolski - Okay , Santos - Poor , Mertesacker - Useless/Clumsy , Arteta and Cazorla im happy with, as for Gervinho im still not to sure, Arshavin - cant even put it into words how bad he is, same for Chamakh - hes just a foreign heskey.

players he should of bought or tried to buy ?
who do do you think he should of tried to bring in instead of the players up there ^

My final word : Wenger better impress us this season or i think he should be replaced, Ivan Gazidis open your eyes I say !

What do you think ?

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Re: The Arsenal Thread

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

Being an Orient fan, I would kill to have a manager like Wenger. Seriously, I think he could get us up to the Premiership in a few years (not that he'd ever come to the O's!!!) :( haha

But yeah, the 7 year wait isn't great, but it's pretty hard when everyone around you is spending £100m every summer on new players. Sadly, you can't compete if you live in the real world.

Still think Wenger should stick with Arsenal. No one could do a better job at Arsenal in my opinion.

Rage06
Professional
Professional
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Rage06 » 4 years ago

Wenger should NOT be replaced, regardless of how and where we finish in the league this season. There is no other manager that can do what he has done with a new stadium. Yes he could have done better with the signings, like getting Alonso and the likes, but hopefully with the debt clearing up and Arsene coming to his senses now, he will get in quality (like Santi & Paddi).

mattbianco1
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Sheffield United

Post by mattbianco1 » 4 years ago

Haha

Try supporting Sheffield United!!

Only 5 years ago we were premiership. We won't get back there for 10 at least
PES 2013 Liga Adelante Creator

Fezza76
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Fezza76 » 4 years ago

I for one do not want Wenger out . yes he can seem to be frustrating and stubborn at times but he has his own vision on how a club should be run and I will stand by him and keep on going there to support our Team . We are 3-4 players away from being able to challenge for silverware ( i have been saying this for 7 years now hahaha) but we will come good again . hopefully Huntelaar will join . besides the premiership is a fooking tough league. the players need to repay the faith he has shown in a few of them

steerpike
Beginner
Beginner

Post by steerpike » 4 years ago

I have just spotted this thread and well, where do I start?.Arsenal did not let ashley Cole,Nasri, Cesc or RVP go, they all wanted to leave and no amount of money would have convinced them to stay.As for Thierry Henry,by the time He left he was a 70 minute player who stood around with his hands on his hips berating the youngsters and restricting their progress,it was time for him to go.With regard to Alex Song,Wenger lost patience with his inability to do his job(Holding midfielder)consistently and I would refer all gooners to last seasons debacle against AC Milan as a classic example of this.We do not have a God given right to win trophies but the opportunities have been there(Champions league final, two league cup finals)We just didn't take them.I really could go into detail, but that'll do for now!
Last edited by steerpike on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shales

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

Wenger in, The board out

There is clearly no pressure put on Wenger because the board are loving the fact that we are making money. I never quite believe the stories about the "billions" that is available to spend. It looks like positions 3rd and 4th are anyones this season. A few good signings in Jan should hopefully be enough for us. Huntelaar is a must. Always rated him, don't even think he done that badly at Madrid.

Wenger need to ditch this 433 thing that clearly doesn't work. This was supposed built around Cesc who is no longer with us. This formation as ruined so many players for us. Playing only 1 striker ruined Eduardo, Vela, Ashavin (probably others too) as they are not strong enought to player the lone striker, nor are they wide players.

If we stick to the 433 then we are just going to kill Podolski as well. Don't care if he plays there for Germany. He don't have blistering pace.

Although these are crazy bullsh1t rumours but I was sick at the thought of Nani coming to Arsenal. It's bull because he supposedly wants a massive pay increase at Utd, why would he come to us for about 70k a week. I hate him anyway, horrible person. He'd make my top 5 list of people i'd smack in the face without hesitation.

I could go on and on....
wish I never found this thread. haha
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Post by Rage06 » 4 years ago

Haha, I'm with you there Shales. January will be crucial for us, Wenger needs to sell chamakh and get in a out and out goal scoring striker. And he also should loan out Ramsey and Eisfield to a Premier League side, Swansea Norwich or even Southampton.

Shales

So then, last nights game was interesting....

Don't really know how to rank that performance given Reading are rock bottom of the league. Huge positives for sure. In the first half we knocked it around with pace and zip. We haven't done that for ages. It was good to the zip back.

Theo got his chance up front. He was lively all game and made good runs. He knows he should have scored the 1on1 chance he had in the first half but he took his goal very well. Again, can't really measure his performance against a team like Reading, let's see how he does against a stronger team if he is given another chance.

All in all, 5 goals away from home in the Prem is a good thing. Conceded two very sloppy goals though. We still have that switching off problem.

All of a sudden we are up to 5th, 2 points behind 3rd. Thank goodness for that.

3 points against Wigan lunch time sat is a must. Chelsea and Spurs both have home games so you'd expect them to get maximum points from those. We need to win.

Shales

Just read on Sky sports that gotze has agreed to go to bayern for 32m.

I thought/hoping Arsenal would have a good go at getting him. But I suppose Bayern over Arsenal is a no brainer. Let the problem we have now. A few years ago Arsenal were still near the top and players would actually want to sign for Arsenal. Arsene should have been aggressive in the market a few years ago. There is no chance we can get the Falcao's of the world now. We are sadly left with players of the Benteke standard. No disrespect to the player or Villa, but I mean he was a fairly unknown gamble.

Back to the french ligue 2 for Wenger now. I am sure that's where our next striker will come from.

Maybe sign Aliadiere (excuse spelling) again. Hear he's doing well now.

3 years too late Arsene.

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Sheff Wed BvB Fire

Post by Jay_Overidde » 4 years ago

I'm hearing rumours Jovetic has agreed to sign for 24mill, not an Arsenal fan myself but a few rumours doing the rounds
Twitter - @_flipflopfriday
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

Shales

Errrr...Rooney to Arsenal talks? Don't like the chap but I can't argue that he's is what Arsenal need. But hang on...surely if there is even a ounce of truth in this he's going to laugh when we offer 90k a week.

Yaya Sanogo is reportedly being in Advanced talks. If anyone plays FM you'll know what a beast this guy is. I know FM isn't always "successful" with their "next star" predictions because Jose Reyes was a beast for Sevilla on FM before Arsenal signed him. That one didn't quite work out hey.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

In his pre-match presser this morning, Wenger confirmed the Yaya Sanogo deal "is in advanced stages but it is not done".

Not saying it's definitely going to happen but I will be very surprised if Sanogo isn't playing with us next year. Wenger doesn't tend to reveal anything about transfers unless he thinks there's a very good chance of it happening.
✅ 🐦 💟

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Sheff Wed BvB Fire

Post by Jay_Overidde » 4 years ago

Shales wrote:Errrr...Rooney to Arsenal talks? Don't like the chap but I can't argue that he's is what Arsenal need. But hang on...surely if there is even a ounce of truth in this he's going to laugh when we offer 90k a week.

Yaya Sanogo is reportedly being in Advanced talks. If anyone plays FM you'll know what a beast this guy is. I know FM isn't always "successful" with their "next star" predictions because Jose Reyes was a beast for Sevilla on FM before Arsenal signed him. That one didn't quite work out hey.
Yaya Sanogo is an animal on FM but Cederic Bakumbu had major promise on FM too not sure what he's like this year. I'm still surprised Bogdan Stancu hasn't been signed by a Prem team or Championship team at that
Twitter - @_flipflopfriday
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

Shales

Jay_Overidde wrote:
Shales wrote:Errrr...Rooney to Arsenal talks? Don't like the chap but I can't argue that he's is what Arsenal need. But hang on...surely if there is even a ounce of truth in this he's going to laugh when we offer 90k a week.

Yaya Sanogo is an animal on FM but Cederic Bakumbu had major promise on FM too not sure what he's like this year. I'm still surprised Bogdan Stancu hasn't been signed by a Prem team or Championship team at that
Ha, yeah Stancu was great player a few years ago on FM. I used to nab him when I started in the Championship.