GTA V

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: GTA V

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:29 pm

A mate is bringing round his copy tonight and I'm having my first go on GTA V. Although my expectations are quite high, if they are met, I'll be picking up my own copy tomorrow.

Who fancies coming online with me and joining the OPE gang? :)

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:48 pm

I dived into the online world last night. First time since the Online launch that totally didn't work. Last night I got through the tutorials and then it all went wrong. Kept getting messages saying the servers are down so no saves could happen. I had to create a new charactor because my original one wasn't able to be used because of the servers. I couldn't join my mates' games, it just wasn't working.

I read this morning on IGN that tons of people have had their charctors wiped and can't seem to get them back. Shame for the guys who have spent a bit of time playing online. Online still seems to be pretty knackered.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Konami and Rockstar are the same studio? :D

Just kidding, heard that a bunch of times as well - one of my mates played it on his PS3 when the others (including) me were playing PES. He was so excited for Online and than bam - did not work.

That is really poor tbh. Especially when the character is deleted. I can just imagine going nuts if I was in your position much likely a few years back when I played Arkham Asylum and there was a general mistake which deleted your whole save data. And I had to start over again. I was furious.

I will get GTA though. Probably going to become a "christmas noob" :D :D :D

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Sheff Wed BvB Fire

Post by Jay_Overidde » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Online is working fine now, a few niggles still but tbh since it started I must have just been lucky as I've kept everything I had. Loving spending time on it with the FPLM crew (I'm not plugging honestly).

Like I said still a few bugs here and there but all in all a good laugh
Twitter - @_flipflopfriday
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:13 pm

Anybody looking to play online ? I'm on most night's doing missons and taking the piss if anyone cares to join me my gamertag is mikemanley17

Shales

Post by Shales » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:44 am

Discovered a couple of blatant cheaters last night. Cheaters make me so f'ing mad. Are there people out there who have to win that badly? I don't understand it. Does it really make them happy to see their name at the top of the charts? You sad f'ing pricks.

Anyway, they had obviously tampered with something because during freemode I was trying to gun these turds down, but the auto lock just wouldn't pick these guys up. There were not in Passive Mode because they were able to kill me (over and over again). They weren't taking damage either when I was clearly hitting them.I then saw on the mini map their player indicator was flicking between normal and passive very quickly. Total benders.

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:34 am

Shales wrote:Discovered a couple of blatant cheaters last night. Cheaters make me so f'ing mad. Are there people out there who have to win that badly? I don't understand it. Does it really make them happy to see their name at the top of the charts? You sad f'ing pricks.
Some people just don't have a life and get their self-esteem off seeing their stupid GT's on the top. It is sad, but it is just like that. Too often this happens in games.

Shales

Post by Shales » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:17 pm

Lateralus wrote:
Shales wrote:Discovered a couple of blatant cheaters last night. Cheaters make me so f'ing mad. Are there people out there who have to win that badly? I don't understand it. Does it really make them happy to see their name at the top of the charts? You sad f'ing pricks.
Some people just don't have a life and get their self-esteem off seeing their stupid GT's on the top. It is sad, but it is just like that. Too often this happens in games.
Going off the topic but stick with the subjuct of cheating I seen and heard two ridiculous things recently.

Number 1 - After being lagged out of an MLO victory I decided I wanted to know exactly how these chumps are doing this. I googled "lag switch" and I soon found myself in halo 3 forum. Some lad had posted up question asking how to otimise his lag to full effect. Firstly, this is totally disgusting and secondly, the guy who responded was even worse. The bloke told the lad that he knew all the tricks and gave him some basics there and then. He then gave him his contact details so he could then discuss further. He wasn't even doing this on the sly, his chap was soooo proud of cheating. He then finished by saying ignore all the people that tell you to stop doing this, you are doing nothing wrong. Total A-hole.

Number 2 - A chap I work with is a keen mountian biker. He's recently discovered there are groups of people who acheive the quickest hill climbs by working in a pair/groups to pass the GPS over half way up the hill to record quick times. Just so that their names are at the top of charts.

Basically there people cheating at pretty much everything.