GTA V

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Sheff Wed BvB Fire

GTA V

Post by Jay_Overidde » 4 years ago

I've not seen the new trailers myself yet but I'm looking forward too the game from previous trailers. Whats everyone else's thoughts on the game?

Twitter - @_flipflopfriday
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: GTA V

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

New trailer is here

[youtube]Bf38HiYPMiI[/youtube]

The game looks absolutely immense. I'm sold just for the fact that it looks like you'll be able to fly a passenger carrying jet plane. :great:
Join me in the Football Forum!

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub

I loved the trailer but I love this also.

[youtube]aPvhX8zBxOc[/youtube]

Swimming with Sharks!!! :lol:
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 4 years ago

Anyone seen the new gameplay trailer?
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Nades
Professional
Professional

Jay_Overidde wrote:I loved the trailer but I love this also.

[youtube]aPvhX8zBxOc[/youtube]

Swimming with Sharks!!! :lol:
Hate the idea of slow motion abilities :/ but I'm sure it won't put me off much. Also never have liked the idea of 3 characters, but I do have faith in Rockstar.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

I admit I am quite fond of the idea of three characters. But on the other hand, the story isn't why I always get GTA. It's just the fun side of the game that's got me hooked. Similarly to Crackdown and Far Cry 3 (man I loved those games! :D ), there isn't a limit to what you can do. The new 'LA world' looks immense too. Definitely need to pre-order this so I don't have to go out on release day. :)

Nades
Professional
Professional

Yep, I think this one will have to be a limited edition for me =) Really can't wait for this + PES!

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Nades wrote:Yep, I think this one will have to be a limited edition for me =) Really can't wait for this + PES!
You're right there, only problem is money but I guess September / October is always an expensive time! :great:

Nades
Professional
Professional

Seabass wrote:
Nades wrote:Yep, I think this one will have to be a limited edition for me =) Really can't wait for this + PES!
You're right there, only problem is money but I guess September / October is always an expensive time! :great:
Yeah, I hardly spend money all year, then I spend loads at the end of the year lol.

Otacon_X
Reserve
Reserve
Supports: Seattle Sounders FC

Post by Otacon_X » 4 years ago

Bought it, regret it.

I guess games like these don't do it for me anymore. If I want to escape in a video game, i would rather explore a fantasy world like Skyrim instead of driving around and shooting people/going to strip clubs. I can do that already. What I can't do is ride my trusty steed up a mountain and fight a demon with my nordic assassin.
XBL: Remy E Lebeau
PSN: Otacon_x
Twitter: @soccerdisciple
Follow me at http://www.thesoccerconvert.com

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub

But can you muff dive in a street and make it look as good as Franklin does? now that's a real talent ;)
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 4 years ago

Loving this game. I know it has its faults and shortcomings, but all in all, I think it's a very good package. Plenty to do and an excellent story. The game mechanics from driving to shooting have definately taken the right things out of other Rockstar games compared to IV. Also there's a lot more added than what has been taken away (snag at Konami) even if it's still content-wise a bit short of what was available in for example GTA:SA.

I was driving around with Michael (that more normal looking white guy) in South Los Santos when I spotted a security van being loaded up with money at a gas station. I thought I'd follow it around and try to hijack it. At an intersection I tried to shoot its tyres and windows, but failed miserably, the truck sped away and cops soon arrived at the scene. I decided to let the truck get away and just get away from the cops.

Drove down some poor looking road until it ended in a cul-de-sac, I thought it looked familiar and it actually was that good old Grove St from GTA:SA. I just left my car there right in the middle of the road and ran behind someone's garage. The cops for some reason turned back at the beginning of that road and never followed me, eventually the wanted stars disappeared too.

I thought I'd walk back to my car and just get by with my night of failure. As I was approaching my car some lovely residents of that said street started yelling at me like what I was doing there and if I was lost. Then someone yelled that let's waste this fool. Suddenly I had five gang members trying to shoot me and just as I was about to start my car I died in a hail of bullets. Classic GTA. I don't know how and where Otacon_X does these things in real life, but for me at least, this game just works magic.
Last edited by JCFast on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub

JCFast wrote:Loving this game. I know it has its faults and shortcomings, but all in all, I think it's a very good package. Plenty to do and an excellent story. The game mechanics from driving to shooting have definately taken the right things out of other Rockstar games compared to IV. Also there's a lot more added than what has been taken away (snag at Konami) even if it's still content-wise a bit short of what was available in for example GTA:SA.

I was driving around with Michael (that more normal looking white guy) in South Los Santos when I spotted a security van being loaded up with money on a gas station. I thought I'd follow it around and try to hijack it. At an intersection I tried to shoot its tyres and windows, but failed miserably, the truck sped away and cops soon arrived at the scene. I desided to let the truck get away and just get away from the cops.

Drove down some poor looking road until it ended in a cul-de-sac, I thought it looked familiar and it actually was that good old Grove St from GTA:SA. I just left my car there right in the middle of the road and ran behind someone's garage. The cops for some reason turned back at the beginning of that road and never followed me, eventually the wanted stars disappeared too.

I thought I'd walk back to my car and just get by with my night of failure. As I was approaching my car some lovely residents of that said street started yelling at me like what I was doing there and if I was lost. Then someone yelled that let's waste this fool. Suddenly I had five gang members trying to shoot me and just as I was about to start my car I died in a hail of bullets. Classic GTA. I don't know how and where Otacon_X does these things in real life, but for me at least, this game just works magic.
I love the WTF moments that just happen and make you go :o

For example speeding down the freeway in my 4x4 and hit a car behind as I was swerving to avoid an oncoming car, it totaled my car to the point I swerved across the oncoming traffic to a halt at the side (going up the left side of the map as if you was going to the top). As I get out of my car the young guy gets out of the car I'd just hit from behind to come across give me a good beating.

As I stood at the side of my now totaled Range Rover Evoque (as if I was going to cross a busy freeway and risk getting hit by something). The young guy took 2 steps into the middle of the road, and you know that moment on Final Destination where the bus hits the woman who's backed up into the road and you wasn't expecting it? Well there this guy is just casually making his way to throw a few punches when suddenly BAM the last thing he saw was the back of his head as the truck took him out at full speed.

:lol:
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 4 years ago

Jay_Overidde wrote:
JCFast wrote:Loving this game. I know it has its faults and shortcomings, but all in all, I think it's a very good package. Plenty to do and an excellent story. The game mechanics from driving to shooting have definately taken the right things out of other Rockstar games compared to IV. Also there's a lot more added than what has been taken away (snag at Konami) even if it's still content-wise a bit short of what was available in for example GTA:SA.

I was driving around with Michael (that more normal looking white guy) in South Los Santos when I spotted a security van being loaded up with money on a gas station. I thought I'd follow it around and try to hijack it. At an intersection I tried to shoot its tyres and windows, but failed miserably, the truck sped away and cops soon arrived at the scene. I desided to let the truck get away and just get away from the cops.

I love the WTF moments that just happen and make you go :o

For example speeding down the freeway in my 4x4 and hit a car behind as I was swerving to avoid an oncoming car, it totaled my car to the point I swerved across the oncoming traffic to a halt at the side (going up the left side of the map as if you was going to the top). As I get out of my car the young guy gets out of the car I'd just hit from behind to come across give me a good beating.

As I stood at the side of my now totaled Range Rover Evoque (as if I was going to cross a busy freeway and risk getting hit by something). The young guy took 2 steps into the middle of the road, and you know that moment on Final Destination where the bus hits the woman who's backed up into the road and you wasn't expecting it? Well there this guy is just casually making his way to throw a few punches when suddenly BAM the last thing he saw was the back of his head as the truck took him out at full speed.

:lol:
That's exactly it, never gets boring! Plus the amount of smaller activities that just suddenly appear on the map make it so interesting. Haven't been able to skip any of them after the beginning. Was going around with Franklin and some guy was screaming his bike got stolen. Luckily I was driving and just smashed into that bicycle thief. Returned the bike and got applauses, but nothing else. Then suddenly later on got a message from that guy saying that he owned an organic pet food company and wanted to thank me again with 100.000$ in its stock hehe.

But the cops in this game, they are deadly... They're fun on the roads, you can get some really good chases instead of them just spawning over and over at every street corner. But on foot... You really shouldn't just try to out-gun them anymore. They'll swarm you from every direction. The first two patrol cars often try to take you head-on, but the next two try to flank you. And if you're shooting back and racking those wanted stars, police choppers will be unloading the SWAT in the funniest places. Often even on rooftops from where they'll definately waste you. If you're not holding out in a bank or something, they really will get you no questions asked. Plus the fact that you can only take so many bullets, you'll probably even die trying to start up a car if you try to escape at that point. Some complain it's getting too realistic, because they can't just stand in the middle of the road shooting up cops all day long hehe. I think I like it this way though in the end, but funny how getting the AI to act like a human would just pisses people off hehe.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub

When you can get online it's amazing. Doing missions for Lester and raking in 25k per mission. All the while checking the view from my apartment and checking out my cars. Got a good bunch of guys that come on and we just piss about. Won't kill each other though as it takes 2k off the guy who dies for healthcare and bail. But yeah when the servers go to shit then its a complete mess.
XBL - FlipFlopFriday