Xbox One or PS4 - what's everyone thinking?

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Xbox One or PS4 - what's everyone thinking?

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

I have been following the E3 stuff on IGN over the last few days. It seems to me that PS4 is currently in front. What with the price, region free, no restriction on swapping games. What does anyone else think?
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: Xbox One or PS4 - what's everyone thinking?

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

Still early days but I'm leaning towards PS4 right now... for obvious reasons! Compared to £429, I think £349 is a much fairer price. Still a little high but no chance in hell could I afford to spend over £400 for a games console. I just hope both prices drop (maybe for Christmas 2014! :oops: ) when I decide to buy one of the two when PES 2015 is released.
Join me in the Football Forum!

Shales

I remember shelling out £300 for the PS2 on launch, so I can accept the price being 349 for Ps4. Yeah it is a lot of cash but I was actually expecting it to be higher still. MS must be hating being under cut by Sony. £80 is a big margin too.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Is PS4 online still free like it is on PS3? That could make MS feel a little better... although then again, Xbox Live will still cost you like £30 a year. For me, the DRM will be the number one factor. Microsoft have messed up big time. :?

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Will » 4 years ago

I think the fact that the PS4 uses old-school discs and supports used games is a massive factor.

I personally feel (and I'm sure many other people feel the same) that some of my best gaming-memories are made from taking a game to your mate's house and playing it for hours. I've had some legendary times on PS2 making ML careers at a friends house on PES 4 and 5, and I think gamers hold an extreme amount of nostalgia towards the subject, which is why it's such a massive mistake from Microsoft.

Definitely PS4 for me - Sony seems to have really listened to the community, finally.
Last edited by Will on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: posts merged

Shales

Yeah Will I also recall some great memories playing ML over mates houses in the latter Ps2 days. There would be 6 of us but only 4 of us playing at a time. You had to score or assist to stay on the next game. Those who didn't had to "paper/sissors/stone" to see who stayed on.

This whole "used" game thing that MS have done has really baffled me. Big time idiots.

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Post by Rage06 » 4 years ago

Playstation 4 for me 100%!
The online being a pay feature does not bother me as I already have PS+ and it is a FANTASTIC service. Free games, exclusive access, discounts, early betas and more all for £30-£39 every year.

And I fully agree with Will, taking a game to a m8's house and cousins and then playing for hours upon hours. Amazing memories, will never forget them. Good to see Sony are actually listening to their fans unlike Microsoft who are mostly in it for the money and room domination.

dubcity
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Watford

Post by dubcity » 4 years ago

Definitely PS4. Didn't take long for me to regret going with Xbox 360 over PS4. The only thing I prefer about the Xbox is the controller, but there are workarounds for that.

7oy
Professional
Professional
Supports: Shamrock Rovers

Post by 7oy » 4 years ago

I will eventually be getting a Ps4. Sony kicked Microsoft's arse. People don't buy what you do they buy why you do it. Microsoft was all about the what, Sony all about the why. Sony went on and on about why they're doing this or why they're adding that, they must have said "for the gamer" a dozen times in that conference.

That's another thing isn't it, if you're a company your big customers also buy into what you believe (Sony) not what you want to achieve (For example Microsoft and how they went on about their goal to be more than a games console and dominate the living room). Sony believe in the current model regarding copy of games for example. Sony believe that should you buy a game you can do whatever you like with it, it's yours, and you shouldn't have to be checked up on and have to authorise your ownership of the game once you've shelled out the money. That's what the majority of gamers also believe and thus will buy into, too and why there was a massive cheer when Sony announced it. Of course price is massive too, if the price is too high only the hardcore fans are going to buy it right away, Sony were very clever in their pricing and to make it 100 euros, 100 dolloras and 80 pounds cheaper only makes it all the more attractive. The price and Sony's attitude and mentality is what sold me, I believe Sony is doing the right thing through their used games polices and no DRM etc, I don't believe in what M$ is doing with their console and they're getting bit too greedy for my liking.

Of course that's just my take on it, maybe you prefer Xbox that's no problem, but for me personally I will be saving up for a Ps4 next summer and I'll buy it with Pes 2015 and then throw my Xbox 360 away.
Twitter = @Roylaboy. I post about Pro Evo :).

GradeACallum
Regular
Regular
Supports: Man Utd

Post by GradeACallum » 4 years ago

Its PS4 for me and I will keep my 360 for the odd game that comes out.

Im also going to get a Vita just because of how it connects with the PS4.
"Kids Come To Win, Men Come To Play The Game. The Pitch Is Ours!!!"
Twitter: @GradeA_Callum
Web: http://www.Grade-A.co.uk
Yotube: AgentBoomerang
XBl: Agent Bommerang
PSN: GradeA_Callum

Shales

Not one vote for XbONE so far. That has to be an eye opener for MS.

I much prefered the 360 over PS3. But I'll have no probs ditching Xbox. Still waiting to hear MS talk reasons for some of the stuff they've surprised us with.

Talking Pes now, it's great news for editing if everyone decides to go PS4. I do like the GTMs file because of the non restrictions on pngs etc. But I have mainly played Pes 2013 on 360. If all the editors are onboard for PS4 then we are going to have some great OFs for 2015.

I'll still be sticking to 360 though for 2014.

Steelhorse75
Reserve
Reserve

Post by Steelhorse75 » 4 years ago

I have had 4 Xbox's and 1 PS3 since 2006.
I hated the PS3 - I didnt like the navigation screens or anything about it.
But I am impressed by what I know about the PS4 and Im not talking about the price.
PS4 looks like the way to go so Ive pre-ordered one.
PES15........Dare we believe.......

Sabin5995
Reserve
Reserve

Post by Sabin5995 » 4 years ago

PS4, because I believe they have the biggest potential. But I'm bothered with the fact that you have to pay to play online, like Xbox. However, just needing one account with PS+ on a PS4 and every account on that system can play online, makes up a lot. I'm curious how the Vita develops aswell. I like the idea of playing PS3 games, which I missed a lot (like Uncharted), because I mostly used my 360, on my Vita. Later on, when there is a price drop, I will get a Xbox One, but after the PS4 ;-)

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Sabin5995 wrote:when there is a price drop, I will get a Xbox One
That's my plan I think! #PES2015 ;)

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

If I was to get either it would be the XBOXOne. The controller is still by far the best. Add that to the fact that I consider the Playstation controller to be absolutely horrific then it's a no contest really.

However, I don't plan on getting either. PC FTW!
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014