FIFA 14

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

FIFA 14

Post by Pete Evo » 4 years ago

Got the day off today so going to spend it playing FIFA 14. The Xbox 360 demo will be out soon (between 10 and 2 apparently) so it's just a matter of refreshing the list on my console. :-)

Even as a big PES fan, I'm always willing to give FIFA a try and this year is no different. NG FIFA looks like a slight improvement but nothing special and CG FIFA 14 looks exactly the same as FIFA 13... I hope I'm proved wrong though! :?

I thought FIFA 13 was 'alright' so I'm not going into this with any great expectations. Assuming you will all download it too, what's everyone else's opinions on FIFA 14 so far?

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Re: FIFA 14

Post by Lateralus » 4 years ago

I guess I will download the demo when I get home later tonight.

I am also always downloading the Fifa demo just to see how it feels to play and to have a real opinion. So many people say I play Fifa and PES sucks while the others say I play PES and Fifa sucks and most of them haven't even tried the other product.

For me, I always preferred PES and I will buy it but I am always giving Fifa a fair demo chance.
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

Have played the demo for around 2 hours now and struggling to see any major differences from FIFA 13. The menus are improved and the commentary is great but as for gameplay it seems almost identical to FIFA 13. It's a little slower, which is good, but I'm not really impressed. I guess they've neglected current gen and moved onto the PS4 and XBO? Disappointed. :?
Join me in the Football Forum!

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 4 years ago

I played two games last night and I just can't get into the Fifa-Feeling. After the first game I got a little used to the game but it is still not my kind of game.
In terms of presentation, stadiums and commentators they do a great job, but the game itself is just not mine. Can't seem to find a huge difference as well, so I have to agree with Seabass :D
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 4 years ago

It does look just like 13, I won't get it on CG, will get it on my Xbox One.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 4 years ago

Wasn't too impressed either. It felt a lot like 13 how it was meant before they messed it up with post-launch patches. No major additions to the game at any level. Considering the NG-version is pretty much the same game so no high hopes for it either, might get it if they give it out free with my next console hehe.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

MikeyM
Beginner
Beginner

Post by MikeyM » 4 years ago

Actually I don't think 14 is as fun to play as 13. I honestly found myself thinking it was worse, and the camera angles are terrible.

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 4 years ago

Seabass wrote:Have played the demo for around 2 hours now and struggling to see any major differences from FIFA 13. The menus are improved and the commentary is great but as for gameplay it seems almost identical to FIFA 13. It's a little slower, which is good, but I'm not really impressed. I guess they've neglected current gen and moved onto the PS4 and XBO? Disappointed. :?
Agree with this totally. its all about abusing pace online and ea do nothing to stop that as they no people will still buy it.

dont think im buying it as i have PES now and no need for it.

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana