Call of Duty Ghosts

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Call of Duty Ghosts

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Hey guys, anyone been playing this yet? What's the verdict now it's been out a few days? I am more interested in the online games, I don't bother with campaign.

I am a bit worried about the bigger maps, but the footage I have seen looks good, and I like the sounds of the player customisation.

Patiently waiting for the Xbox One.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: Call of Duty Ghosts

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

Really tempted to pick this up next week. I still play PES but I'm also a big fans of shooters so COD would be a good investment I think. Although after playing the beta I have one eye on Battlefield 4.

Have you not played it yet Shales?
Join me in the Football Forum!

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 3 years ago

I couldn't resist the temptation, picked it up, just had to play something when PES is still not working.

Eventhough you're not big on campaigns, I'll start with it. Nothing special. The usual Call of Duty, the game plays exactly the same as the previous versions gameplay-wise. I don't think it's bad, it's an ok on the rails shooter, at least it doesn't want to fight you back too much and let's you finish it as quickly as possible hehe.

Multiplayer, well, still the same hehe. I didn't pick up Black Ops 2 so I've been on a year long break, so for me it's ok again. Nothing really new. The maps are indeed a bit "bigger", but still not like really big, and the spawns are a bit iffy, so there's action all the time. Also the maps are really "balanced" so there really isn't any going slow forward, it's busting your guns out all the time. At least before you'll learn the maps, that will take it's time, still not that at home with them myself.

Instead of leveling up one guy, you're leveling up now multiple guys. I'm not yet sure if it was the wisest move to open up the first 5 characters right away to make each one of them represents one of the each default loadouts. (Assault, CQB, Stealth, Support, Sniper or so.) That because you have to use your points to open everything up per character, so it's a bit of a hassle managing 15 different loadouts as each of them have 3 loadouts open from the beginning.

So instead of leveling up and opening stuff, you get points, which just use to buy everything open. There's an ok amount of guns, nothing seems too overpowered, although sniping is pretty easy. The perks are the same pretty much, but you have more freedom on what to choose all the time.

Then there's a squad mode where you play with your different characters with the AI, but haven't played that yet. And Extinction mode, like Zombies with aliens, not that interesting in my opinion.

Overall verdict: nothing drastically next-gen new, same solid COD with some new twists. I'm not in love, but I'll probably be playing it for a while, so if you like COD and not expecting anything surprisingly new, you'll be entertained for your 40 quid's worth. At least it works smooth and doesn't miss peaces. Unlike PES.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Shales

Seabass wrote:Really tempted to pick this up next week. I still play PES but I'm also a big fans of shooters so COD would be a good investment I think. Although after playing the beta I have one eye on Battlefield 4.

Have you not played it yet Shales?
No, not played it at all. I've got it ore ordered for XboxOne so I'll be playing for the first time on the 22nd. I know Game do that deal where you can buy current fen version and the exchange it for next gen but if rather wait. I do want to blaze loads of 360 as it will probably make me less eager to play on xb1. It seems strange this year, normally by friends list on Xbox is full of people playing cod, but no one is yet.

I have not played battlefield but I am very eager to give it a go. With watch dogs being delayed I expect I'll also get battlefield. I'm not a battlefield hater, I just haven't previously got into them. Dm to be honest I probably haven't given them a fair chance. But B4 is looking amazing. I'm also looking forward to trying FIFA. If the pes 2014 patch isn't as good as it needs to be, I can see myself giving FIFA a fair run this year. I know it will take me a while to get into it but at the end of the day, if it's more playable than pes, then it will be a winner for me. But I'm going to give the new pes patch a massive chance to impress me.

Shales

JCFast wrote:I couldn't resist the temptation, picked it up, just had to play something when PES is still not working.

Eventhough you're not big on campaigns, I'll start with it. Nothing special. The usual Call of Duty, the game plays exactly the same as the previous versions gameplay-wise. I don't think it's bad, it's an ok on the rails shooter, at least it doesn't want to fight you back too much and let's you finish it as quickly as possible hehe.

Multiplayer, well, still the same hehe. I didn't pick up Black Ops 2 so I've been on a year long break, so for me it's ok again. Nothing really new. The maps are indeed a bit "bigger", but still not like really big, and the spawns are a bit iffy, so there's action all the time. Also the maps are really "balanced" so there really isn't any going slow forward, it's busting your guns out all the time. At least before you'll learn the maps, that will take it's time, still not that at home with them myself.

Instead of leveling up one guy, you're leveling up now multiple guys. I'm not yet sure if it was the wisest move to open up the first 5 characters right away to make each one of them represents one of the each default loadouts. (Assault, CQB, Stealth, Support, Sniper or so.) That because you have to use your points to open everything up per character, so it's a bit of a hassle managing 15 different loadouts as each of them have 3 loadouts open from the beginning.

So instead of leveling up and opening stuff, you get points, which just use to buy everything open. There's an ok amount of guns, nothing seems too overpowered, although sniping is pretty easy. The perks are the same pretty much, but you have more freedom on what to choose all the time.

Then there's a squad mode where you play with your different characters with the AI, but haven't played that yet. And Extinction mode, like Zombies with aliens, not that interesting in my opinion.

Overall verdict: nothing drastically next-gen new, same solid COD with some new twists. I'm not in love, but I'll probably be playing it for a while, so if you like COD and not expecting anything surprisingly new, you'll be entertained for your 40 quid's worth. At least it works smooth and doesn't miss peaces. Unlike PES.
Cheers mate, appreciate the time taken to write this. It seems like what I was expecting then. Not massive changes but enough to keep things fresh for another year.

As I'm writing this an ad just popped up on tv. The campaign is looking good from the clips shown. I expect I will play the campaign through because that's where you'll see the difference between current gen and next gen. Looking forward to it.

GradeACallum
Regular
Regular
Supports: Man Utd

Post by GradeACallum » 3 years ago

IMO i have really fallen out with COD since COD 4. Every year since the game has got worse and sold out. This year it has started to get closer to what made COD such a success. I no longer hate it but at the same time it still doesn't keep pulling me back. I can now simply pick up and play and enjoy my time with it.

Between BF4 and COD. I would say COD is FIFA and BF4 is PES.
"Kids Come To Win, Men Come To Play The Game. The Pitch Is Ours!!!"
Twitter: @GradeA_Callum
Web: http://www.Grade-A.co.uk
Yotube: AgentBoomerang
XBl: Agent Bommerang
PSN: GradeA_Callum