FIFA 15 Thread

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

FIFA 15 Thread

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

The demo is now available on Xbox One and Xbox 360 (out tomorrow for PS4 and PS3). Use this thread to discuss your first impressions of FIFA 15.

Teams: Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Barcelona, Dortmund, Napoli, PSG, Boca Juniors

Join me in the Football Forum!

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Re: FIFA 15 Thread

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

Who's played it then? Thoughts?
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

I gave the Xbox One version about 2 & half hour last night. I found it much the same as FIFA14 with a few slight differences. But these differences could be bad or good, depending on what you are looking for in a footy game.

Throughballs seemed to be a lot more successful. I know I was using players like Fabregas and Xavi in the Demo but it seemed to easy. Could be a combination of the AI making better runs with the Strikers or the AI making a mess of the defending.

Playing on "Pro" level, the dribbling is ridiculously easy. Using Messi for example, you can run from kick off and pretty much get into the box for a shot. I find it effortless and take no fun in doing it.

Having heard so much about the Keepers before hand, I have to say that I wasn't particulary unhappy with them. They do parry an awful lot but it doesn't look different to what you'd see watching a real game. Perhaps the Keepers could parry the ball into safer areas at times, as the ball does land in the danger zones often. I have already seen a handful of goals from a keeper parry. They seem to parry the finesse shots too much as well, not just the blasts. You'd expect Joe Hart to hold a Finesse shot straight at time from 12 yards but he reacts as if he's made a point blank save. In general I wasn't unhappy with the Keepers but this is only after a handful of Demo games.

Scripting? Well when I was playing the FUT demo I conceeded a goal in the 90th. That was 1 shot, 1 goal. It really makes me sick.

The presentation as usual is spot on. I do love the TV style replays and the new end of game highlights. This is something I really hope PES tries to replicate. The crowd chanting is amazing too. Great atmosphere!

Faces - PES murders FIFA in this department. No comparision. We all knew this but I can only describe FIFA15 still looks old gen and PES looks next gen.

I summary I have to say that I wasn't hating this game. Whoever liked 14 will like 15, so EA are still onto a winner. I won't buy this off the shelf, I will pick this up as part of the EA Access Subscription. This will easily keep me happy until PES comes out in Nov. As dumb as this sounds, FIFA 15 is still a "FIFA" game. I still have major problems with a few things like Player Models and Scripting which really stops me from totally enjoying the experience. It also lacks that rewarding feeling which "Classic" PES games have.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

Re: PES 2015: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by pesfanneedhelp » 3 years ago

fifa 15 demo is out and i for one find it more of the same.

-very slow passing, unrealistically slow
-not much freedom of passing, the passes zone in on a player even if he is behind you which kills momentum
-no player id, messi neymar ibra etc are faster ,stronger etc but they dont feel like their real life counterparts
-limited tactical options again, for those that wanna tweak stuff football manager wise there are not enough options
-shooting seemed to lack a certain oomph, weird as it is usually a strong suit of fifa
-no build up play, its just back and forth non stop
-dribbling is way too easy, you just go crazy on the stick left right left right and then forwards

its ok football game, but crazy to think its a top seller every year.

roll on pes demo

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

pesfanneedhelp - I have moved your post into the FIFA 15 thread.

Please carry on the FIFA discussion here. :)

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 3 years ago

I'll be honest, had a couple games last night and I really liked it. We know the presentation etc is always spot on and I loved all the little touches such as tuffs of grass coming off the pitch when you shoot, physics of the corner flag and the way the net lifts up slightly if you hit a rocket shot. And of course those lovely net physics! :-D

Thought the keepers were really good, some good save and very good animations, didn't see any of the dodgy keeping some have been reporting.

I'm impressed, first Fifa game I've actually found fun. Will it have longevity? Who knows buy I'll definitely be purchasing this for Xbox One. (y)
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 3 years ago

I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One so im going by the demo on Xbox 360 which hasent changed at all none of the new features they have talked about seem to have been included on this version. they have only tweaked the gameplay a little. I enjoyed Fifa 14 for a while but get to annoyed online and playing the CPU is just way to boring or furstrating on higher levels due to the way they play and luck they get.

If im buying FIFA 15 it wont be until I have a new console because simply isnt worth paying £40 for new kits.

not sure if anyone else here has played on 360

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Example of how easy it is to score from kick off. With Dzeko of all people. Hardly Messi is he. Horrible AI defending.

[youtube]wkujjkUneuI[/youtube]
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Played the Xbox 360 demo last night and wasn't impressed at all. Although, like for most games nowadays, I expect the next gen version to be much better.

The goal line technology needs some work though, thanks to winning11asia for posting this on Twitter. :?

[youtube]vElUUD8nzIM[/youtube]

carlboy
Reserve
Reserve

Post by carlboy » 3 years ago

I've played the FIFA 15 demo on the Xbox 360 with all the teams & in terms of gameplay I'm not impressed. My main problem is with passes along the ground & how slow they are - it's like there's a layer of super glue on the surface of the pitch. Trying to pass your way from the back four, through the midfield & on to the strikers is an almost laborious affair. For a game that's supposed to be heavily focused on the Premier League it certainly isn't doing a great job of recreating the pace or cut & thrust of the top flight. It made all the games feel the same to me. I'm also aware that the PES demo isn't out yet so it'll be good to get some sort of comparison between the two when it's finally released this week. Looking forward to seeing what the player ID is like.
In terms of presentation & matchday atmosphere you can't fault it, although, it's been a FIFA trademark for years now & something that Konami should definitely try to emulate.
xbox 360 - CARLBOY1975

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Managed to get a few hours with the PS4 demo last night. I pretty much agree with everything that's already been said, aesthetics like presentation and commentary are great, but the gameplay in general is completely soulless and boring for me.

I know we've said this before but Konami need to take advantage this year. Come on! (clap)

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 3 years ago

I liked it, a lot. On old gen it felt alright, a step-up from 14 at least. On current gen it felt great. Great visually and the gameplay was solid, much better than 14, but that is if you can put up with FIFA's gameplay.

I'm not sure how PES can win me over now. I mean there seems to be nothing else than gameplay improvements from last year. No news even if Master League is getting fixed or not. The presentation is very dull and old'ish still.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 3 years ago

This game is a absolute joke and EA treat it as a treasure chest. So many issues with the game that EA clearly have no interest in fixing becuase little timmy just pumped another £15 into packs for ultimate team.

This I hate with this

- Playing CPU is so blooming boring and World Class level or above they seem untoucable just skip past tackle after tackle and movement is unreal for them, then get get a lucky goal. absolute hate it was brilliant on Fifa 13 but now they just turn and turn and turn.

- Fact you can run straight past 11 players and score straight from kick off online.

- Defending might aswell not even bother with it against anyone quick.

- Dribbling and Pace being the main stat in the game. anyone with Height is automatically Slow and rubbish.

- Movement seems to have dissapeared from wide players all they do is just stand like statues. so annoying when trying to pass the ball to them.

People may or may not agree but ive been on the game to long now for all its bullshit. cant wait until PES comes out now.

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 3 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:the way the net lifts up slightly if you hit a rocket shot. And of course those lovely net physics! :-D
Heh I played and watched a few matches on my mates xbone and thought of you when I saw that. :-) The broadcast feel of the game is excellent though, the shots of the crowd look excellent and the replay cameras match the angles you see on tv. You get the feeling we're not far away from seeing the usual suspects in the crowd...the random blonde or nutter with a drum, topless Geordie, those Sikh guys behind the dugout at Old Trafford and the national manager ground hopping on a Saturday.