📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2009. The Best Next-Gen PES?

01srainey
Super Sub
Super Sub

PES 2009. The Best Next-Gen PES?

Post by 01srainey » 7 years ago

Many people may disagree with me, but I honestly believe PES 2009 is the best PES game to surface in the 360/PS3 era. It looks great (definitely no where near as edgey as PES 2011), is alot smoother and easier to control than PES 2010 and in my eyes is very much based on the PES of old.

Out of the recent PES's, it's definitely the game that I spent most time playing. I was addicted to master league whereas with 2010 and 2011I have very little desire to even turn on nevermind playing master league.

So, who agrees/disagrees?

graday
Regular
Regular

Re: PES 2009. The Best Next-Gen PES?

Post by graday » 7 years ago

I dunno there... I liked it. It was definitely the least flawed of the lot... But, I'd have to say, for gameplay - PES 6. But, it's only half a game. There's SOOOO much missing from it compared to the PS2 version. :(

I could go for hours about one against the other. So, even though it's not next gen, I'll just shout PES 5. That game is the sex of the PES world.
http://twitter.com/Graham_Day
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."[/size] - Dom Toretto, The Fast And The Furious

01srainey
Super Sub
Super Sub

You are right about saying PES 5 and PES 6 are the best we've seen of PES. But the xbox 360 PES 6 was a weaker game compared to the PS2 version and because it wasn't released on the PS3 I'm not regarding it as a next-gen title.

Out of the lot (PES 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) I definitely think 2009 is the best game. 2010 was the weakest, it had very little going for it. The penalties were rubbish, the d-pad skills were a terrible introduction, online didn't exist whatsoever along with many other negatives.

2008, I loved at the time, but there is no way I could go back to it now. It was great fun at the time, sure it lacked new features but it was very reminiscent of older PES's (maybe a tad more arcadey). 2011 was a good game but it doesn't do much for me. I thought at the time of the MLO beta that the final game was going to be superb but for some reason the final game didn't have the same effect.

Basically, I'm currently going back to play my Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Edition which shows alot about the next-gen version.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 7 years ago

For me, I've certainly enjoyed PES 2011 the most. Although I'll admit that I haven't played PES 2009 in a while so probably couldn't comment fairly.

It sounds silly to say, but I feel PES has progressed year by year - starting with PES 2008 - which was the worst game for me. I'll have to go back playing PES 2009 during some point next mid-week.

... And for the record, PS2 PES was the best Pro Evolution Soccer era ever. 8-)
✅ 🐦 💟

01srainey
Super Sub
Super Sub

onlyproevo wrote:For me, I've certainly enjoyed PES 2011 the most. Although I'll admit that I haven't played PES 2009 in a while so probably couldn't comment fairly.

It sounds silly to say, but I feel PES has progressed year by year - starting with PES 2008 - which was the worst game for me. I'll have to go back playing PES 2009 during some point next mid-week.
I don't think I could go back and play PES 2008, all I can remember about it is the overall grainy feel to the pitch.

I think there has been overall progression year by year, but in terms of gameplay, I definitely do think PES 2010 was a downgrade from PES 2009. New things were introduced like the champions league mode which is a huge bonus, but at the end of the day all I care about is the gameplay and look of the game.
onlyproevo wrote:
... And for the record, PS2 PES was the best Pro Evolution Soccer era ever. 8-)
Definitely agree with you, I still can't get over the transformation from PES 2 to 3.

Spooky
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Spooky » 7 years ago

To me PES2009 was the decent version of PES2008,
But the comical graphic look wasn't so cool. also the training mode totally wrong, no more playback features.
And the fake shot could easily be spammed. you could just run from 100 meters to the goal only with fake shots. Online was the most dramatic because you couldnt stop players.

PES2009 reminds me of the beginning of become a legend, But i started too enjoy it in 2010.
I love the PES2011 graphics and In my humble opinion I think PES2011 is the first good next gen PES.

And I say that because there is so much more freedom, And I still enjoy it, which wasn't the fact in PES2008/2009/2010 where it did not feel as refreshing
In all games there is still way too much things that need improvement though. But it is enjoyable.

graday
Regular
Regular

Post by graday » 7 years ago

PS2 PES was the pinnacle. Current Gen just hasn't hit it yet... There's still a lot of fine tuning to be done. In terms of gameplay and all the extras. For a person that creates his own team and kit every year (Vice City, if you haven't guessed) I miss the ability to have multiple lines of text on shirt backs, number outlines, shorts logos etc etc etc

They just give the shine to a game that makes you smile - providing you have great gameplay as a basis. I really thought 2011 was gonna be sublime at the first look play test, and had the same feelings right through to the review code... But, time with the game changes that.

The flaws are still there - but I'm still playing it, so it's good enough to keep me in it. But not great enough to keep me excited. The 2012 machine has started now though... Wink wink. ;)
http://twitter.com/Graham_Day
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."[/size] - Dom Toretto, The Fast And The Furious

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by djwavfc » 7 years ago

remembering back I think 2009 I had the most fun playing pes. I just remember having Benzema scoring goals for fun... and it was the last year that saw the konami youths. I miss Shaw lol

ps2 pes was the best. pes 5 my favourite but I never liked pes 6 for some reason that I can't remember...

DoctorOotker
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by DoctorOotker » 7 years ago

djwavfc wrote:and it was the last year that saw the konami youths. I miss Shaw lol
Same! Shaw was such a good player, been looking out for him in the past 2 years of ml lol only time i found him was on pes 10 BAL when i found him and Kaiser playing for roma :?
Oh and benzema was a beast! His development chart was insane, him and hulk upfront were lethal :P until bringing in maradona of course.....
"Nice Beaver...."
Frank Drebin, Naked Gun

LEWISROBINSON74
Beginner
Beginner

Post by LEWISROBINSON74 » 7 years ago

i think the 'become a legend' mode on PES9 was the best addition the the pes series, i thought it was good, if you played poor you got subsituted etc and put in the reserves...also you got more injurys etc the legend mode on pes10/11 is ok but not as a challenge...i played full career on pes9 on top-player playing 700+ games LOL
XBOXLEWISUK Xbox ganertag

LEWISROBINSON74
Beginner
Beginner

Post by LEWISROBINSON74 » 7 years ago

i think the 'become a legend' mode on PES9 was the best addition the the pes series, i thought it was good, if you played poor you got subsituted etc and put in the reserves...also you got more injurys etc the legend mode on pes10/11 is ok but not as a challenge...i played full career on pes9 on top-player playing 700+ games LOL
XBOXLEWISUK Xbox ganertag