please please help me enjoy pes again

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

please please help me enjoy pes again

Post by pesfanneedhelp » 4 years ago

hey guys

the last 6 months have been a nightmare(gaming wise) for me,i love pes series so much and i like to think im pretty good (870 my highest rating at one point) but then the game started lagging and i have fallen to 545 at the minute, its not lag cheaters so much as every game lags for me so there is button lag and i cant win tackles or battles of stregth etc, players seem to slow down,turning circles are terrible etc and sometimes the game just freezes for seconds or i lose disconecction completley

what i have done to rectify is

phoned sky bb and checked no noise on line
my ping is 30 and downlaod speed 5 meg and uplaod 0.76
use wired ethernet in 100gb socket
changed router to latest sky wireless N hub(used wireless and ethernet)
set up xbox as dmz with static ip
opening up ports 3074,53,80 and 88
ensured upnp is on

but non of this has resolved lag

so i did the unthinkable and used fifa 13 online...and it worked perfectly every game

so i concluded its konamis servers but my cousin lives 5mins away and his pes is perfect every game online

im so frustrated and really running out of options, i could buy a wireless n adapter for xbox but if ethernet hasnt resolved it whats the point? or maybe trying a different ethernet lead could help?

i should note when i got a new router the lag was slightly better so maybe this is all down to my ISP,but then if EVERY other game works fine on xbox i find that hard to believe

is it because so much of pes community seems to be europeon? I play spanish/french or german 9/10...very rare i play english,fifa was opposite.

any help will be appreicated so much, i just wanna get back to loving this game.

Thank You

Pesfanneedhelp

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: please please help me enjoy pes again

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

Try playing your cousin online and see what happens. I play online every now and then, and honestly, I don't find lag to be a problem.

You get the bad game every now and then but that's the case with any game.

A question, is there anyone else in your house? Are they, or even yourself, using the internet through phones and/or laptops when you're playing PES online?
Join me in the Football Forum!

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

thanks for quick reply,

yeh we have 1 laptop and 2 mobile phones

however i have tried turning all these off and closing doors in house to send signal to just my room(only few feet away) and it still lags every game

thats why i am sure it isnt a case of the odd game,something is up and i have tried everything to figure it out

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

had a good weekend of online action,for those unlucky ppl who need to google this same issue at one point hes what has made a difference for me

USE ONLY ONE FIX

i had my xbox as dmz and port forwarded,apparently they conflict with each other i read on a tech forum

so i removed it as dmz and the connection has been good for past few days

not perfect but alot better and i have got my rating up from 550 to 657 over the weekend so i am happy

fingers crossed it remains enjoyable online

goat261
Amateur
Amateur

Post by goat261 » 4 years ago

If you do start having problems again you could sign up to here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ and create a 'broadband quality monitor'. Thats what i did when i had similar problems, i then sent the graph to Virgin who said it was a high utilisation problem
Competitive but fun PES leagues (no through ball spamming)
http://proevonetwork.com/forums/

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

wow thanks for that

i have started getting lag recently again, its the really annoying lag that kinda gives you that scripted feeling along with button lag, where you cant make a pass without it being blocked or going behind your player! and cant tackle a player even if you have 5 players on him,deliberate fouls just make your opposition player stumble and of course keepers start giving up rebounds direct to strikers...arghghgh

i will try this and inform sky, thanks!

goat261
Amateur
Amateur

Post by goat261 » 4 years ago

pesfanneedhelp wrote:wow thanks for that

i have started getting lag recently again, its the really annoying lag that kinda gives you that scripted feeling along with button lag, where you cant make a pass without it being blocked or going behind your player! and cant tackle a player even if you have 5 players on him,deliberate fouls just make your opposition player stumble and of course keepers start giving up rebounds direct to strikers...arghghgh

i will try this and inform sky, thanks!
Sounds like the same problems i had, set up your graph on that site mate, let it run for a day or so then see what your graph looks like.

It should look similar to this

if it has big spikes then there will be a problem with your connection. I had this problem for over a year because i didnt realise it was my connection since every other game played fine. Then once i sent the graph to virgin via their forum they immediately told me it was a problem with the connection and they will sort it (took like 3months to do so though lol)
Competitive but fun PES leagues (no through ball spamming)
http://proevonetwork.com/forums/

dubcity
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Watford

Post by dubcity » 4 years ago

PES online lag has been a big problem for as long as I can remember. I've probably played 20 games online in the past year, compared to probably 200+ offline. The lag and lack of responsiveness forces you to play the simplistic arcade-y through ball style if you want to consistently win. Responsiveness is an issue even in offline play - see how often you can pull off specific skill moves while moving in any other direction but straight left or right across the screen, for example - so if you throw in online lag it's not even worth it. I'm sure people get used to it if they play nothing but online matches, but I'm not interested in that.

Hopefully things change with the new engine.