📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2013 - An enjoyable and realistic experience

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Neutral or Liverpool

PES 2013 - An enjoyable and realistic experience

Post by heerenveen123 » 6 years ago

I just thought I'd share this realistic and fun time I had playing PES today.

I was playing as Italy and I was up against Mexico (Barcelona) on top player difficulty in the Konami Cup/Confederations Cup.

The match was initially quite balanced, with Mexico (Barcelona) creating chances down the wing through Dos Santos (Messi) but then I had a spell of pressure with Balotelli coming close. Finally the deadlock was broken just before the half time with Dos Santos (Messi) dribbling through my LB, DMF and CB to finish a great move by playing Vela (Messi) through on goal who curled in an unstoppable finish just inside the box.

Italy simply could not break down Mexico (Barcelona) but got lucky when a route one goal kick found Balotelli who was through on goal. Sadly he didn't make it as the CB Rodriguez (Pique) managed to out-strength, out-pace AND out-dribble Balotelli, despite being slower and weaker.

From the resulting counter attack, following wonderful link up play between Hernandez (Messi),Guardado (Messi) and Zavala (Messi) I was pinned back in my own box and eventually Mexico (Barcelona) won a corner. It was swung in deep towards the back post where the CB Rodriguez (Pique) out-jumped Chiellini despite being weaker in the air than him.

I threw I everything I had at them and finally El-Shaarawy crossed it in and Di Natale flicked the ball back across goal for Balotelli to volley it into the corner. It was almost as if the game tried to make the match seem realistic by letting me score, but of course that doesn't happen in PES.

After that goal Mexico (Barcelona) stepped up and managed to get 2 of my players booked because of their superior dribbling skills

In the end it finished 1-2 to Mexico (Barcelona) but I really enjoyed this match because it was completely fair.

Also, Japan beat Mexico 1-0 in the next set of fixtures.
I drew 1-1 with Brazil. I dominated that game, but Brazil were just too good as Hulk (Messi) scored despite being under pressure from 3 players.

Logos, wallpapers, photos, edits, image enhancements, banners etc.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HmistryGraphics
DeviantArt - http://heerenmistry.deviantart.com/
XBL Gamertag: Not Brown Sound

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: PES 2013 - An enjoyable and realistic experience

Post by Seabass » 6 years ago

Nice write up. I don't play with international teams that much but after watching the Confeds Cup, I'm sure I'll be giving them a go later this week.

I remember Carlos Vela was amazing in PES a few years ago. I imagine he's still quite good but maybe not as good as he once was during his Arsenal days. :P
Join me in the Football Forum!

lbhymshr
Beginner
Beginner

Post by lbhymshr » 6 years ago

AI (top player/superstar) is way too strong in PES 2013. I mean it, its not scripting or anything, its just that the game makes itself difficult by giving unrealistic powers to the AI team. They defend with a bus and can counter with a lone striker with a precision long ball into his path. Their offside traps are timed with perfection. The AI players are stronger and faster and pushing them off the ball is next to impossible, while they may do it to you with considerable ease.

I love playing against such an AI!

radrsb
Amateur
Amateur

Post by radrsb » 6 years ago

Sounds just about right. And online's not much better with the negative tactic through ball w*nkers.

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub

Reading this back, I think I may have been annoyed at the time because I'd been playing online as well. It's not that bad, it's annoying that the game presents these impossible match situations.

Recently (If you haven't tried this then do it now!) I've been playing PES2013 with my mate and it's a much better game, especially when we're on the same team. We played as England and tried to go for the World Cup but couldn't handle Aguero, Messi and Higauin because we got Argentina in the knock-out phase (somehow they finished second, below Senegal...) Also, if we beat Argentina, we would have to play Spain and then Germany in the semi-final.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the draw, all is at peace with Morocco, Senegal and two other 'lesser' teams that I can't remember right now. Either way, the game REALLY didn't want us to win haha.

Still enjoyable with two of us playing, it's also easier with two players. Sadly we kept making mistakes. Though we insisted that neither of us was to blame, instead we blamed James Milner because... because why the hell not lmao.

Anyway, after about 15 attempts Aguero basically bent us over a table and raped us every time so I saved the progress and we will try again later. It will happen though. We WILL win that world cup!

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub

WE DID IT. Finally beat Argentina yesterday (after another 10 or so attempts) with a comfortable 2-0 win. Next up is Spain!

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Will » 6 years ago

Nice one - as frustrating as PES 2013 is, it can still give you some nice moments from time to time!
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub

So true. It's become a hallmark of the PES series over the years, if you persist you'll get a reward, but if you're attention drops for just a moment you will be punished! Glad I've discovered the 2-player co-op, breathing new life into this game.

One thing I really wish they would bring back to the series is the random selection matches. Since PES 2014 won't be on the PS2, this version will be the last to feature this mode - would be insane if they made this mode available online, at least people wouldn't pick Barca/Madrid every time.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 6 years ago

heerenveen123 wrote:So true. It's become a hallmark of the PES series over the years, if you persist you'll get a reward, but if you're attention drops for just a moment you will be punished! Glad I've discovered the 2-player co-op, breathing new life into this game.

One thing I really wish they would bring back to the series is the random selection matches. Since PES 2014 won't be on the PS2, this version will be the last to feature this mode - would be insane if they made this mode available online, at least people wouldn't pick Barca/Madrid every time.
I loved the random select when I was playing ps2 but I think including it online would be mistake. True you wouldn't be playing Barca/Madrid/Bayern all the time but you'd be playing teams made up of Barca/Madrid/Bayern all the time. Not forgetting hulk either. It would be Barca/Madrid/Bayern/plus whoever hulk is playing for.

Is agreat laugh when playing mates for sure. But online could be silly. Just my opinion.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 6 years ago

Shales wrote:
heerenveen123 wrote:So true. It's become a hallmark of the PES series over the years, if you persist you'll get a reward, but if you're attention drops for just a moment you will be punished! Glad I've discovered the 2-player co-op, breathing new life into this game.

I loved the random select when I was playing ps2 but I think including it online would be mistake. True you wouldn't be playing Barca/Madrid/Bayern all the time but you'd be playing teams made up of Barca/Madrid/Bayern all the time. Not forgetting hulk either. It would be Barca/Madrid/Bayern/plus whoever hulk is playing for.

Is agreat laugh when playing mates for sure. But online could be silly. Just my opinion.
I guess it would work well if it was restricted to just unranked matches?
✅ 🐦 💟

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub

Yeah I can see how it would mess up online. Really fun offline mode though.

Another thing I wish they could include is some sort of team or rating filter. It would be more competitive if you could set up a match lobby that would only include teams of a certain rank. It's rare that I meet someone online that chooses a team that has a similar rating to mine.

This one guy picked Arsenal because I had chosen Liverpool, then in the following match he selected a low-rated French team (Toulouse?) so I picked my similarly rated Heerenveen (I'm not Dutch). But that guy was just a one-off.

It would be nice to have restrictions for continent/league/cup etc.

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub

We beat Spain after two retries. Can't believe they were actually easier than Argentina. Then we beat Germany first time after ET and PK. Also Ashley Cole was sent of for most of the second half so I thought we did pretty good.

Next up, Morocco in the final (....no comment) after they knocked out Montenegro, Russia (what?) and then Slovakia. Should be good!