📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Option File with 4GB Xbox

broonster
Warming Up
Warming Up

Option File with 4GB Xbox

Post by broonster » 4 years ago

OK, I'm a newb to PES 2013 (read so many reviews slating 2014 so i didn't bother).

Am I correct in saying the option files available on this site will only work with a hard drive of 20 GB or larger?

I only have a 4 GB Xbox so am I sh*t out of luck for getting a working option file? (unless I buy the 320 GB hard drive accessory)

Are all option files for PES 2013 reliant on a larger hard drive? I had an option file for PES 2010 and it worked fine on my 4GB Xbox.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: Option File with 4GB Xbox

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

I think it's the case for all PES 2013 option files, not just the ones found on this site. If I remember correctly, you'll get all the new players and teams but they'll have basic kits with missing sponsors.

If you want a full option file, I think you'll need to invest in a new 20GB+ hard drive. Or depending how much they are, play with the basic OF and wait for PES 2015 and use the money on a PS4/XBO.

Sorry about the lateness of my reply, I was away for the weekend so didn't have a chance to get online. Apologies that it took so long to get back to you. :-D
Join me in the Football Forum!

broonster
Warming Up
Warming Up

Can I use a 20gb hard drive on a xbox slim? Certainly the only ones I've seen here in NZ are the overly expensive 320gb type.

Also is it correct that I can't use second hand hard drives if using xbox online as my device will be blocked?

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 4 years ago

I've had a quick look around and it seems that although technically you can, doing so would be going against Microsoft's terms and conditions.

I think the best way, if you have a few extra coins lying around, could be to buy a second hand console. Just went on Amazon and you can get a 20gb console for about £55.

broonster
Warming Up
Warming Up

Thanks guys.

Looks like i'll be buying a 320 GB drive then. Without the OF the game feels empty.

I take it i just install the hard drive and then when I copy over the OF I copy it to the new hard drive and bosh, I'm good?

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

You mean a 320GB hard drive on its own? Or another console that has a 320GB hard drive?
Join me in the Football Forum!

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

broonster wrote:Thanks guys.

Looks like i'll be buying a 320 GB drive then. Without the OF the game feels empty.

I take it i just install the hard drive and then when I copy over the OF I copy it to the new hard drive and bosh, I'm good?
You'll need to transfer over your Gamer Profile from your previous HDD first. You'll need the data transfer cable for that. Unless you just want to set up a brand new profile?
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

broonster
Warming Up
Warming Up

Shales wrote:
broonster wrote:Thanks guys.

You'll need to transfer over your Gamer Profile from your previous HDD first. You'll need the data transfer cable for that. Unless you just want to set up a brand new profile?
I'm not talking about a new console I just mean the additional HDD you can buy to expand storage on a 4GB Xbox http://support.xbox.com/en-NZ/xbox-360/ ... 495f178c0c

broonster
Warming Up
Warming Up

Seabass wrote:You mean a 320GB hard drive on its own? Or another console that has a 320GB hard drive?
Seabass, I'm talking about this device http://support.xbox.com/en-NZ/xbox-360/ ... be29b09775. It's actually 250 GB which I think has caused the confusion, sorry.

So I install that into my 4GB xbox and then when I do the copy of the OF from my USB drive I chose the new 250GB drive as the location. I presume I'll have to first move the PES2013 data that already exists on the 4GB drive to the 250 GB before I copy the OF?