PES 2013: News, Rumours & Speculation

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

PES 2013: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

Official news, unconfirmed reports and even the wildest rumours can be found here.

When posting content, please also provide a link so we can source the information.

At this moment in time, I do not know when PES 2013 will be announced. All I know is that Konami will be shouting "earlier than usual" this year - so in theory, the wait may not be that far away. Maybe.

With that said, I do not know when PES 2013 will be announced.

However, once I find out, I'll give PES 2013 it's own section so we're all ready for it. But until then, you can use this thread. ;)

To kick things off, post the top 3 things you'd like to see in PES 2013.

✅ 🐦 💟

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Re: PES 2013: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Will » 5 years ago

Well, just to start this topic off, I can tell you that it has been confirmed by Adam from WENB that Konami will not be building a new engine for PES 2013 - they'll save that for the next consoles. That isn't necessarily bad, though.

I'll just give the full quote:
Nicely put Alan.

I'm currently in talks with Konami about PES 2013 & the new engine for new consoles. They've made a decision to focus the new engine, and make it exclusively for the generation ahead. I'm torn by this decision, the new tech was planned for this year, but not anymore. The whole team, as in all senior Konami staff, are in Japan and plans are being set in stone for the future of PES.

I do want to say, just because it's not a new engine doesn't mean this year won't see some key advancements. Stay tuned for some great announcements.
So what do you think of that first batch of PES 2013 news? Have to say I'm disappointed, as we probably won't see any major changes to animations and graphics, but I completely understand the decision to wait building a new engine until next gen hits - however, Konami will really have to nail that game, or I think they'll be left behind.

Give me your opinions guys! :D
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

That's disappointing but I understand it from Konami's view.

Its not bad news though. If a new engine was put in for 2013, there would be problems. People would moan and the series could be over, there and then.

I wonder if OPE could share some insight - if he's allowed to?! :lol: ;)

Fabs, if you any more quotes, then please link them here. Would be great to read some more. :great:

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Well, Adam is saying that thanks to the new engine being hold back for next gen, we won't see a repetition of this gen, which has been horrible, in my opinion. Konami are making sure they won't make the same mistakes as they did for this gen.

But PES 2013 will be all about improving on PES 2012. It will also be based solely on community feedback, and Adam promises we'll see 'key changes to areas we all want' - that has to be keepers, shooting, defending and passing.

He adds this as well:
For me the whole situation is bittersweet, but like some have noted, a new engine for the new consoles make more sense, and proves Konami are picking their fights wisely.

I think PES 2013 will be all about consolidating their position this generation, rather than trying to grow the franchise and win back fans that have left. That links into the focus this year about responding to fan issues and trying to make the game a stark improvement over PES 2012.

Like MGMT has alluded to, this gen has been more about wrong decisions and taking the series into an avenue which doesn't relate well with the fanbase. Most of the work on the new engine is to bring new solutions, and a better core would inturn result in a better game.

That part is the bittersweet for me, as the need of a new engine is key. Some of the things we want, whether it be better physics, or even a better looking/moving game links into the current limited engine not being able to do either well.

Saying that, there are ways available to the dev team to incorporate elements into this year to make it seem a bigger step up than what now most predict. Currently I can only hope they achieve the bare minimum in this respect.
As for Mike, I'm pretty sure he doesn't know much more than me at the moment. Quite certain Adam is the only guy (apart from Konami of course) who has information on PES 2013.

Carry on :D

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

Oh, you might be mistaken there, Fabs. ;)

For me, it's hard to talk about PES 2013 right now. So long before I can play it - let alone the time waiting for Konami to make the first announcement.
✅ 🐦 💟

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Post by Rage06 » 5 years ago

Smart move there by Konami, get things sorted out by further enhancing what they have on this Gen and improving on it via feedback, then go all out with their brand new slick ass engines on the PS4/720 and probably the Wii U.

Plus by delaying it they will actually have a lot more time to work on it and get things right unlike when this Gen launched.

This news is certainly disappointing in a way that we won't get a shiny new game to play this year but it definitely means we will get an AWESOME game come PES2014 or 15. The wait for the Next Gen consoles just got a lot more exciting :D

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

One question: What if the PS4 and/or Xbox 720 isn't released in time for PES 2014? :? :(
Last edited by Pete Evo on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 5 years ago

This should indeed be a very smart move by konami. A new engine can be great but not within a year. If it backfires the series could come to an end. It is good to see that konami shows patience with the development of PES. I actually don't need a real shiny game, I want improvements to the game play. A few new animations so that the game looks a little better would not hurt but to be honest if the gameplay improvements are great then I couldn't care less about animations.

Top 3 things to see in PES 13 is a tough one :D
1. Make Demba Ba right-footed. Kidding, this is not in my top three ;) Remove the speed merchant ability, game would be so realistic without it.
2. Improve defending and shooting
3. I'm not sure how to title the thrid one, but I will try to explain it :D Include an option for online-matches (ranked matches), that you choose your team before being connected and you are only connected with people who chose a team that matches the team you chose (e.g. I take Villa and I will be connected with a guy that takes Newcastle or whatever). I don't think I can play PES online anymore if I have to play against Barcelona all the time next year again...

And for you guys from the UK - please release PES at the same time like the rest of Europe.

Btw - I am so looking forward to gamescom in August, it is just so much fun to play the first PES demo, always feel like a little kid on christmas day :lol:

@Pete: Good question, but I guess they will have more time to work on the game :great: Maybe 2014 they can also use it for 360/PS3, who knows...
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

3. I think you can call it "seeded online matches". Maybe Konami could incorporate a team star system to stop people from always playing against Barca, Real Madrid, etc.
Lateralus wrote:And for you guys from the UK - please release PES at the same time like the rest of Europe.
YES PLEASE! (clap) (clap)

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Lateralus wrote:@Pete: Good question, but I guess they will have more time to work on the game :great: Maybe 2014 they can also use it for 360/PS3, who knows...
But that would mean yet another year with this engine. The improvements between 2012 and 2014 wouldn't be mind-blowing at all. I assume anyway. :oops:

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub

What do you mean by team star system?

Maybe Konami can surprise us with great improvements even with the same engine. They surprised me with 2012, did not think that they would make so many improvements. There is a German saying, I don't know if there is something similar in English but I will translate it now anyway :D - hope dies last ;)

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

For example:

5*: Barca, Inter, Bayern Munich
4*: Lyon, Ajax, Napoli

If you pick the 4* system, you can only play against the '2nd best tier' of teams. Easy. ;)

I hope you're right. The engine isn't broken and to be honest, they're not far away from making a great game - with no errors, bugs, etc. I just hope we can make the switch for PES 2014.

I couldn't imagine another 2 games/years on this engine. It would just be samey. :(

Definitely a big risk by Konami. I hope it pulls off.

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub

Now I see what you meant. That is a really great suggestion. Liking it.

If it would be same for 2013 and 2014 that would suck big time, you're right. There is a lot of time to 2014 and they should manage to change things towards 2014. Quite frankly I don't know if Microsoft and Sony will have the next gens out by then. I think I read an article a few months ago which said that there won't be anything in 2013 and maybe not even in 2014.

Though this generation still has a lot of room I guess for improvements and I don't think PES has reached its limits hardware wise.

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

I would not expect next gen to hit before PES 2015 at the earliest. But just to remind you guys, all the PS2 games (PES "1"-PES 6) were the same engine, with PES 5 and PES 6, the two last games of that gen, really getting the best out of the engine.

My big hope is that we'll see PES 2013 and 14 being as big milestones for this gen as PES 5 and 6 were.

Also, I can confirm Konami is reworking player stats for 2013, especially the way they're represented in the game - return of the hexagon? ;)

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Also, to solve the online matchmaking you guys are talking about, I'd just make it like FIFA 12 where you pick a team, press 'Find match' and then get put up against an opponent with the same rating as you, and with a team with a similar rating. Think Konami will be working on that, though, as they specifically asked about this in their PES 2013-survey. :D