📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2013: News, Rumours & Speculation

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Re: PES 2013: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Lateralus » 7 years ago

Good point about PES 5 and 6. That is really getting my hopes up now, haven't thought about that.

The survey-question makes it kind of obvious. But doesn't automatically mean they will include it. Maybe all the barca-kids don't care about that and did not request that for online changes ;)

Reworking the player stats is a good idea. Often times I think most stats are based on popularity rather than skill, like Neymar. I think they did a great job with his stats until the update came. Before that he was what he is right now - talented but nothing more. He did not proove himself on an international level but still he gets an update because he is a very popular player. Plus, a lot of Bundesliga players are rated really poorly - last year Bremen and now Leverkusen. On the other hand, Bayern is rated pretty good (see my point about popularity...).

I really hope 2013 will include Borussia Dortmund (not the team I support btw ;) ), would love to play with them online :)

PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 7 years ago

I've heard rumours that the Xbox 720 and PS4 will be announced at E3. So with some luck, we should have a new engine in time for PES 2014 next year. :)

(I hate this time of year. Really excited about the new game but it's still so far away from release! :P)

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Will » 7 years ago

Keep in mind that the PS3 was announced at E3 '05 but sales started in '07, though, Pete.
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Fabresass wrote:Keep in mind that the PS3 was announced at E3 '05 but sales started in '07, though, Pete.
Hmm, good point! (hmm)

Well, for the future of PES, I'm going to try and stay optimistic. :great:

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sorry for the double post, but I had a dream about PES 2013 last night - and it was perfect!

I'm sure I'm not the only one... :D

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Will » 7 years ago

Haha, PES-dreams - that's dedication :D
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub

That's just a real fan :)

I heard Seabass said that 2013 will or should have more licensed teams (got the news from a German gaming page). What do you guys think, what kind of new licenses will we see?

I hope for more German teams of course :-D More English teams would be really awesome but I think there is something about a limitation for PES because FIFA has the rights to the EPL don't they?

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Lateralus wrote:That's just a real fan :)

I heard Seabass said that 2013 will or should have more licensed teams (got the news from a German gaming page). What do you guys think, what kind of new licenses will we see?

I hope for more German teams of course :-D More English teams would be really awesome but I think there is something about a limitation for PES because FIFA has the rights to the EPL don't they?
I think I remember reading on OPE that Konami are always looking for more licenses. :great:

So who knows? More German teams would be great - especially Borussia Dortmund. More Premier League sides would be nice, but I can't see us getting more than 2.

Licenses aren't everything, but it's always nice to have all teams available to play as when you're online.

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub

It is a shame that Konami is not even allowed to put in a fake Bundesliga like they have in PES 5 and before. And yeah, I'd rather have a superb gameplay than to play with the 3rd Australian league.

How about the English teams, do you think it will still be ManUtd and the Spurs?

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

I think. Arsenal and Man City are off limits I think, as they're with EA. And Liverpool aren't good enough to warrant a license.

So.... yes. I think it will be Man United and Spurs again. ;)

george56
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by george56 » 7 years ago

Guys,can you please explain to me what is having new engine going to mean in terms of gameplay?
Is it going to be like PES 2011,2012 etc slightly improved,or is it going to be a new game from the ground up,one that doesnt remind us much of the previous next-gen titles?Because I would be happy to hear that something is going to be different,even if it turns out for the worst.Atleast,it will be a nice change from what we were used to those last five years,it will keep the excitement up,it ill make us hope that this is the one PES we have been asking for,and learning all the new rumors etc will be way more interesting than just learning that its basically going to be PES 2012 with a few tweaks.

Please explain.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Go to the first page of this thread ( ;) )... it says that Konami are waiting until the next generation of consoles hit before they use the new engine.

Expect PES 2013 to be an improved version of 2012 - putting it harshly.

george56
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by george56 » 7 years ago

Oh.....there goes my excitement and my curiousity.So it has been one dissapointment after another for all those years,just to learn that in order to see a change we will have to buy whatever system Microsoft and Sony pull out of their asses next.

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Post by Rage06 » 7 years ago

Don't dampen yourself just yet George, yes we won't be seeing a brand new engine for this years version but we will see a greatly improved version of PES2012, with most of our concerns answered.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 7 years ago

Just because we don't have a new engine this year doesn't mean that PES 2013 can't be a good game.

:)
Join me in the Football Forum!