📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2013: News, Rumours & Speculation

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Re: PES 2013: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by tigerwalms » 6 years ago

Seabass wrote:That's what I can't work out. They update stats every week, just like that. I don't know if EA have a special arrangement but it's definitely plausible given the evidence.

I wish I knew the answer to this, I really do. :?
Is it not because EA's is a constant (paid?) service rather than an update? Whatever it is I wish Konami would do the same.

Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

floriank90
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Liverpool FC

Post by floriank90 » 6 years ago

these are the things which drive people away from PES. i personally will survive the delay because nevertheless pes 2013 might be on of the best football games of all time (without auto shooting and passing ;).
but just think about a more "basic" PES player. A young school boy for example who does not know about all the background information we are discussing, who is not involved in forums like this, who has no clue that Microsoft has anything to do with a DLC release. He just reads "update available" and then it doesn't work - over a week later it still isn't there and you don't get any information why and when it will be fixed...
believe me, i know what i'm talking about as my two younger brothers both switched to FIFA due to various technical problems in the past. For us this might be just another typical PES issue which every PES fan has learned to live with over the years but sadly these things really crush Konami's reputation...

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 6 years ago

floriank90 wrote:but just think about a more "basic" PES player. A young school boy for example who does not know about all the background information we are discussing, who is not involved in forums like this, who has no clue that Microsoft has anything to do with a DLC release. He just reads "update available" and then it doesn't work - over a week later it still isn't there and you don't get any information why and when it will be fixed...
believe me, i know what i'm talking about as my two younger brothers both switched to FIFA due to various technical problems in the past. For us this might be just another typical PES issue which every PES fan has learned to live with over the years but sadly these things really crush Konami's reputation...
That's a very fair point actually. (hmm)
Join me in the Football Forum!

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

floriank90 wrote:I personally will survive the delay.
Well that's good to hear, do we get many fatalities resulting from update delays? :great:
floriank90 wrote:For us this might be just another typical PES issue which every PES fan has learned to live with over the years but sadly these things really crush Konami's reputation...
I can't help but think that all these little kids you describe would have Fifa instead of PES. Kids are easily influenced (as are most parents to be honest) so would see the adverts then buy it, and all their friends would have it so it would just be the done thing. I think the PES demographic is more likely to be people in their late twenties or early thirties, most people under 25 would have Fifa although I have no evidence to back this up, it's just a theory that would make sense to me. :-)

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 6 years ago

I can't help but think that all these little kids you describe would have Fifa instead of PES. Kids are easily influenced (as are most parents to be honest) so would see the adverts then buy it, and all their friends would have it so it would just be the done thing. I think the PES demographic is more likely to be people in their late twenties or early thirties, most people under 25 would have Fifa although I have no evidence to back this up, it's just a theory that would make sense to me. :-)
Think that is spot on mate. Me and my mates (late 20's to early 30's) all play Evo. Just kind of grown up with it I guess. The younger lads in my office all play Fifa. It makes me sick lol, but each to their own.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Shales wrote: The younger lads in my office all play Fifa. It makes me sick lol, but each to their own.
Steady on there, it's just a game! :P

Shales

tigerwalms wrote:
Shales wrote: The younger lads in my office all play Fifa. It makes me sick lol, but each to their own.
Steady on there, it's just a game! :P
Ha, you know what I mean though. I know a lad who prefers Fifa because the crowd chant "blue moon" and "Mancini" songs. I mean come on.... Yeah that is a nice to have thing but considering the raw element in these games is the actual football gameplay, there is no comparison between the two.

Fifa is just a glamoured up j1zz fest for anyone who's easily seduced by the pretty appearnce.

Ha, you can take this with a pinch of salt, I don't mean this to be super aggresive. I am just a passionate Evo player. I'd take a bullet for Pro Evo.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Shales wrote:I'd take a bullet for Pro Evo.
Right, you're starting to scare me now. :lol:

I don't understand the people who prefer the things you mention over the actual gameplay either, it's just lying to yourself. It certainly makes the game more realistic and absorbing, but is absolutely no substitute for gameplay. And by gameplay I mean having fun and enjoying yourself. Still, like we all keep saying, each to their own. But if you aren't playing Fifa because you prefer the gameplay and are instead playing it because you like the chants and authenticity then you're clearly a loony.

Shales

tigerwalms wrote:
Shales wrote:I'd take a bullet for Pro Evo.
Right, you're starting to scare me now. :lol:

I don't understand the people who prefer the things you mention over the actual gameplay either, it's just lying to yourself. It certainly makes the game more realistic and absorbing, but is absolutely no substitute for gameplay. And by gameplay I mean having fun and enjoying yourself. Still, like we all keep saying, each to their own. But if you aren't playing Fifa because you prefer the gameplay and are instead playing it because you like the chants and authenticity then you're clearly a loony.
Although I did once dabble with the pc version for Pes6 (I think) and downloaded a mod for that. Admittedly I was impressed with crowd chanting Steve Gerrard songs (not that I am a liverpool fan but this one just sticks in my head). But at least with Evo it has the gameplay to go with it.

This years game is fab so hopefully the series gains a few more players. I kind of feel that the loyal Pro Evo fans have been rewarded for sticking with PES over the years with this game. Although that don't make much sense because people who chop and change each year don't ever suffer, but you know what I mean.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 6 years ago

Well there's a new engine for PES 2014 so who knows what will have happened this next year.

With the London studio, I really think Konami will get everything (well, at least most things) right.
Join me in the Football Forum!

Shales

Seabass wrote:Well there's a new engine for PES 2014 so who knows what will have happened this next year.

With the London studio, I really think Konami will get everything (well, at least most things) right.
I hope so Seabass. With a HQ being in this country it suggests more communications can be made between fans and developers. That's a really good sign. "We" can hopefully make next years game the greatest.

Just hope we'll see a step forward rather than a step back with regards to the new engine. You could say that "on the pitch" there isn't a lot wrong with 2013. I would hate for the game to stutter for a few years. But no doubt, if they get it right, the game will take a few huge strides forward.

RomaFtbl
Beginner
Beginner

Post by RomaFtbl » 6 years ago

Just a question about the new data pack...When i was installing it there was a part when it asked me to overwrite the Data and I selected yes...while i went to transfers and hit default to incorporate the new transfers it seems the formation for the teams stayed the same and unless I select default in the edit team section its still the old formation...Did i do something wrong or are all the formations still from before the new date pack?

Gods own sniper
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Gods own sniper » 6 years ago

Anybody know if the Xbox data pack is out today? I was told it is due out but I've just checked and nothing???

Shales

Gods own sniper wrote:Anybody know if the Xbox data pack is out today? I was told it is due out but I've just checked and nothing???
Get it from the dashboard mate. It's not showing in thegame. Click X and go to game extras.

Gods own sniper
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Gods own sniper » 6 years ago

Thanks pal, just downloaded it but the teams don't seen to be updated, anything else I have to do?