Me and Daymos will be there to represent the OPE community. graday will also be there but he'll be representing PESFan - although he's more than welcome to swap sides during the day.
We've been told we are getting 3 hours of gametime so we should get quite a lot done throughout the afternoon.
Although it's not been confirmed yet, we expect Jon Murphy to be directing everything. Steve Merrett (he went to Brazil) should also be there.
If you have any gameplay related questions, make sure you post them here. You can ask other questions, but please remember that I am unable to answer everything. Some features will be restricted so I will not be able to answer questions regarding certain topics - eg. licenses and online gamemodes.
The event is still over a week away, so if there are any more updates between now and then, I'll keep you all informed here.
1. The sound was quite low but from what I heard, match atmosphere has been improved from what I heard. Demo had 4 Spanish teams and the sounds and chants were pretty good. Konami have done well with La Liga this year.Macheda wrote:If possible can you research:
Has the overall stadium atmosphere been enhanced?
Is their the possibility of straight out penalties as a game mode again?
Have keepers actually been enhanced or is it more of the same old?
And finally, have they got rid of the dreadful one through ball rips the defence bug?
2. Can't answer. Playtest only had Exhibition and Copa Libertadores Exhibition mode.
3. Improved, yes. But still need work. Wasn't impressed seeing how they acted when I brought my goalkeeper out. They need more confidence and commitment when trying to nick the ball from the attacking forward.
4. Things look good at the moment. Defence is much harder to break through. Didn't see any instances of the "defence bug".
Shooting improved. Manual shooting looks like it will get some getting used to. Would like another hands-on to practice some more. Manual low shoots are hard but are very satisfying when performed well - although this didn't happen to me often!Seabass wrote:I know some people have already mentioned it in their reviews, but I want YOUR impressions on the new shooting options.
I can see this list being very long so that's all I'll say..... for now.
I didn't actually check but I was told Player Cards are still there. Spoke to the PES team about Speed Merchant in particular. Told me they believe it won't be a problem this year as the defending has been improved (thanks to Response Defending) and gamespeed is now slower too.iliasgr wrote:Hello! Here is my question:
Can you check the index cards?
Is there again the "Speed Merchant" and the "Long Range Drive" cards?
If you cannot see the player's stats, you can see, the first card, in-game.
Take Ronaldo, hold down the run button and turn!
I agree with them, going from today's playtest.
Wasn't in today's code, unsurprisingly. But believe they're doing something special with MLO this year. I'll reveal more on the front page in the morning.T0TTI wrote:can you please let us know what mlo is like cheers.
Yes, works well still. Just a shame I was playing with a hugely uncomfortable PS3 controller.Afolash01 wrote:Is there off the ball and teammate control in this game?
1. You mean gamespeed? Yes. I only played on 0 (default) and +1 though. Both were enjoyable.Mensah wrote:Can you guys tell me if there is an option to regulate speed gaming as it was on PES 2012?
And also can you see the players overall please?
2. Are you talking about overall player ratings? Yes, I did see them. But they will change in time for the release of the final game.
1. I know I had 3 hours of gametime but I didn't have enough time to look into this. It was hard enough getting the manual shots on target, let alone giving the ball spin. Sorry.CalcioCalabrese wrote:I'd like to know about this pushing the right stick to add curl, backspin or lobs on manual shooting. What kind of shots do they mean by backspin though? I was hoping for shots that dip...isn't that topspin though lol.
Can someone find out about camera angles please? I was hoping they'd allow us a customisable camera but it doesn't seem this will be the case (((
2. Same camera options as PES 2012.
Wrote about this on the front page: Speed Merchant is still in. But the player card shouldn't be a problem now, with the slower gamespeed and the new Response Defending system.Coragi wrote:Hello,
can you test if Speed Merchant players are unstoplabble like in PES 2012? Are players like Piatti or Mphela still gods?
Didn't look at the stats system. Sorry. I can try and find out for you.floriank90 wrote:what about the stat system? return of acceleration and shoot technique? return of defensive player cards?
1. Didn't try outside of foot free-kicks. Scored some beauties with the inside foot though. Believe I scored 4 actually!OReiPele678 wrote:Are there new skill moves?
Has the effect of (trivela) outside of the foot free kicks been improved (curl)
Has the free kick bug been removed where the A.I. scored almost everytime unless you take manual control.
Is there handball this year?
And how many Premier league teams (and which) are lincensed. I'm really hoping Arsenal are and Chelsea have to because they won the UEFA champions league
2. Can't answer as I didn't play against the AI. Was going to but got busy with the interview with Konami.
3. Not in the code I played.
4. I am unable to answer that right now.
Feints are specific to just those players.JDilla wrote:I was wondering how to perform unique player ID tricks like Xavi, Iniesta or Ribery?
It's some kind of special animation only for these players or just feints available for everyplayer in the game?
2nd question: What about penalty kick animations? Are they the same as year ago?
1. Commentary volume was low but from what I heard, it was improved. Still Jon Champion and Jim Beglin if you didn't already know.harry35 wrote:Many times, the ball hits the goalpost or the crossbar and the commentary says nothing. This will be fixed?
When you make a goal, the commentary tells the team name or player?
Is it possible to fully control the goalkeeper like in FIFA?
Will have new shapes goal net, as a triangle?
2. Couldn't hear, sorry.
3. Didn't try, sorry.
4. Nets looked improved. More square. Nets look more fixed (as in shape).
1. Yes. Response Defending is great. L2 + tap X twice. All about timing whether you get the ball or not.tigerwalms wrote: I'll be interested to hear what you think of the tackling. Can you see if they actually go for the ball this time as on PES2012 the players go for the man rather than the ball. I hope you know what I mean by that.
Would be also good if you and Daymos could try playing co-op on the same team as I only really play the game with friends. Would be interested to hear what the player switching is like as it's been quite poor on previous versions. I realise it may not be possible to test this.
2. Couldn't try this. Only did 1v1 against a Human Player.
Didn't check stats, sorry.omarahmad293 wrote: Long Range Drive for Messi ,Rooney ,etc....... available in PES2013 ??
Konami should announce something soon.omarahmad293 wrote: What teams will be there in PES2013 ??
Saw some new animations. What do you mean fixed? Tried it, didn't pull it off 100% but looked fine when it worked.Amine wrote:Is there going to be any new skills ?? and did they fixed the rainbow flick ??
Didn't try it.Amine wrote:oh and just one more question ...can you do a rabona cross now ?? or even shoot using the rabona from out side the box ?
1. No 3rd kits.darmira wrote:will PES 2013 include?
* national super cups
* confederation cup
* third kit
* second divisions
* asia, africa, nor-america teams
* south america teams and copa sudamericana and recopa
* preseason tournaments
* more skills(bridge, hocus pocus, berba spin, and more)
2. Too soon to talk about licenses.
1. All teams in code were far better than D2 sides.m4re wrote:Please play a game with crap teams like the built-in D2 ones. Do they feel ok to play with, or are they completely unusable?
Also, play style variety - can you notice changes when playing say to cross to a target man vs playing through balls up the center? Defensive, counter attack bursts? Long range strikes accurate at all?
2. Defenders react differently to where the ball is, so yes.
3. Yes, used manual low shot when shooting from far out. Tricky but practice makes perfect.
1. With manual shooting, yes.riqro wrote:Dude about PES 2013, how it feels the new shooting and defensive system?
- I mean the ball go wherever we want?
- Shoot with currve how is it??
- How it feels when the players run with the ball?
- How it feels the dribling and the new way to recieve the ball?
- there no more fouls every time we try to take the ball?
- there's a battle for the possession of the ball?
- how look and feels the defense when we slide?
*one favor, please tell to konami workers that the PESFANS dont want a better game than fifa, we want a better game than PES 6. Good luck!!
2. Looks good, works well, adds variety.
3. Similar but Player ID makes things looks much better. Different running styles adds variation.
4. Very good. Better receiving the ball when you use manual passing.
5. Depends on how well you time your tackles. Shouldn't get the ball 100% of the time anyway.
6. No exactly what you mean by that, but yes.
7. Good. Similar to PES 2012.
Was told it was gone. I don't remember seeing it.riqro wrote:When we shoot or pass, i know that the ridiculous rainbow power bar its gone, so where and how is it now???
Referees were generally good. Never saw a straight red though, even though I tried to purposely get my players sent off. Tested the refs but even tackles from behind were yellows.Rocky5 wrote:Oh & slide tackles, if you get the ball you still get a foul called & a damn card :@
1. By holding R2 when dribbling. Works well and looks good.JDilla wrote:How to perform "Deft touch dribbling"? Which controls?
Is "Bursting run" etc. still in the game?
2. Didn't try it.
1. Didn't ask but sure someone did. I'll try and find out.CharlesPaim wrote:1) GK manual on line?
2) Number limit members: on line community
3) On line netcode enhanced?
4) Game Plan new features ?
2. Didn't ask. Wasn't told.
3. Can't talk about online now. We only played offline.
4. Looked similar, believe it's the same. Match menu looks different though. Full player models standing each side of the screen. Looks great.
No. And why would you want to; if you pick the wrong player, you wouldn't necessarily notice it and your play would be slowed down.dtm33 wrote:can you remove the cursor from the off ball controls