📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

[Q&A] PES 2013 Community Day - 13th June

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

[Q&A] PES 2013 Community Day - 13th June

Post by Mike » 7 years ago

I've been invited to this year's community event where I'll be getting an early hands-on with PES 2013 at Konami HQ in London on Wednesday 13th June.

Me and Daymos will be there to represent the OPE community. graday will also be there but he'll be representing PESFan - although he's more than welcome to swap sides during the day. ;)

We've been told we are getting 3 hours of gametime so we should get quite a lot done throughout the afternoon.

Although it's not been confirmed yet, we expect Jon Murphy to be directing everything. Steve Merrett (he went to Brazil) should also be there.

If you have any gameplay related questions, make sure you post them here. You can ask other questions, but please remember that I am unable to answer everything. Some features will be restricted so I will not be able to answer questions regarding certain topics - eg. licenses and online gamemodes.

The event is still over a week away, so if there are any more updates between now and then, I'll keep you all informed here.

THE PES 2013 Q&A
Macheda wrote:If possible can you research:
Has the overall stadium atmosphere been enhanced?
Is their the possibility of straight out penalties as a game mode again?
Have keepers actually been enhanced or is it more of the same old?
And finally, have they got rid of the dreadful one through ball rips the defence bug?
1. The sound was quite low but from what I heard, match atmosphere has been improved from what I heard. Demo had 4 Spanish teams and the sounds and chants were pretty good. Konami have done well with La Liga this year.

2. Can't answer. Playtest only had Exhibition and Copa Libertadores Exhibition mode.

3. Improved, yes. But still need work. Wasn't impressed seeing how they acted when I brought my goalkeeper out. They need more confidence and commitment when trying to nick the ball from the attacking forward.

4. Things look good at the moment. Defence is much harder to break through. Didn't see any instances of the "defence bug".

Seabass wrote:I know some people have already mentioned it in their reviews, but I want YOUR impressions on the new shooting options.
I can see this list being very long so that's all I'll say..... for now. ;)
Shooting improved. Manual shooting looks like it will get some getting used to. Would like another hands-on to practice some more. Manual low shoots are hard but are very satisfying when performed well - although this didn't happen to me often!

iliasgr wrote:Hello! Here is my question:

Can you check the index cards?
Is there again the "Speed Merchant" and the "Long Range Drive" cards?
If you cannot see the player's stats, you can see, the first card, in-game.
Take Ronaldo, hold down the run button and turn!
I didn't actually check but I was told Player Cards are still there. Spoke to the PES team about Speed Merchant in particular. Told me they believe it won't be a problem this year as the defending has been improved (thanks to Response Defending) and gamespeed is now slower too.

I agree with them, going from today's playtest.

T0TTI wrote:can you please let us know what mlo is like cheers.
Wasn't in today's code, unsurprisingly. But believe they're doing something special with MLO this year. I'll reveal more on the front page in the morning.

Afolash01 wrote:Is there off the ball and teammate control in this game?
Yes, works well still. Just a shame I was playing with a hugely uncomfortable PS3 controller.

Mensah wrote:Can you guys tell me if there is an option to regulate speed gaming as it was on PES 2012?

And also can you see the players overall please?
1. You mean gamespeed? Yes. I only played on 0 (default) and +1 though. Both were enjoyable.

2. Are you talking about overall player ratings? Yes, I did see them. But they will change in time for the release of the final game.

CalcioCalabrese wrote:I'd like to know about this pushing the right stick to add curl, backspin or lobs on manual shooting. What kind of shots do they mean by backspin though? I was hoping for shots that dip...isn't that topspin though lol.

Can someone find out about camera angles please? I was hoping they'd allow us a customisable camera but it doesn't seem this will be the case :((((
1. I know I had 3 hours of gametime but I didn't have enough time to look into this. It was hard enough getting the manual shots on target, let alone giving the ball spin. Sorry.

2. Same camera options as PES 2012.

Coragi wrote:Hello,

can you test if Speed Merchant players are unstoplabble like in PES 2012? Are players like Piatti or Mphela still gods?

Thank you
Wrote about this on the front page: Speed Merchant is still in. But the player card shouldn't be a problem now, with the slower gamespeed and the new Response Defending system.

floriank90 wrote:what about the stat system? return of acceleration and shoot technique? return of defensive player cards?
Didn't look at the stats system. Sorry. I can try and find out for you.

OReiPele678 wrote:Are there new skill moves?
Has the effect of (trivela) outside of the foot free kicks been improved (curl)
Has the free kick bug been removed where the A.I. scored almost everytime unless you take manual control.

Is there handball this year?
And how many Premier league teams (and which) are lincensed. I'm really hoping Arsenal are and Chelsea have to because they won the UEFA champions league
1. Didn't try outside of foot free-kicks. Scored some beauties with the inside foot though. Believe I scored 4 actually!

2. Can't answer as I didn't play against the AI. Was going to but got busy with the interview with Konami.

3. Not in the code I played.

4. I am unable to answer that right now.

JDilla wrote:I was wondering how to perform unique player ID tricks like Xavi, Iniesta or Ribery?
It's some kind of special animation only for these players or just feints available for everyplayer in the game?

2nd question: What about penalty kick animations? Are they the same as year ago?
Feints are specific to just those players.

harry35 wrote:Many times, the ball hits the goalpost or the crossbar and the commentary says nothing. This will be fixed?

When you make a goal, the commentary tells the team name or player?

Is it possible to fully control the goalkeeper like in FIFA?

Will have new shapes goal net, as a triangle?
1. Commentary volume was low but from what I heard, it was improved. Still Jon Champion and Jim Beglin if you didn't already know.

2. Couldn't hear, sorry.

3. Didn't try, sorry.

4. Nets looked improved. More square. Nets look more fixed (as in shape).

tigerwalms wrote: I'll be interested to hear what you think of the tackling. Can you see if they actually go for the ball this time as on PES2012 the players go for the man rather than the ball. I hope you know what I mean by that.

Would be also good if you and Daymos could try playing co-op on the same team as I only really play the game with friends. Would be interested to hear what the player switching is like as it's been quite poor on previous versions. I realise it may not be possible to test this.
1. Yes. Response Defending is great. L2 + tap X twice. All about timing whether you get the ball or not.

2. Couldn't try this. Only did 1v1 against a Human Player.

omarahmad293 wrote: (ope) Long Range Drive for Messi ,Rooney ,etc....... available in PES2013 ?? (ope)
Didn't check stats, sorry.

omarahmad293 wrote:(ope) What teams will be there in PES2013 ?? (ope)
Konami should announce something soon.

Amine wrote:Is there going to be any new skills ?? and did they fixed the rainbow flick ??
Saw some new animations. What do you mean fixed? Tried it, didn't pull it off 100% but looked fine when it worked.

Amine wrote:oh and just one more question ...can you do a rabona cross now ?? or even shoot using the rabona from out side the box ?
Didn't try it.

darmira wrote:will PES 2013 include?

* national super cups
* confederation cup
* third kit
* second divisions
* asia, africa, nor-america teams
* south america teams and copa sudamericana and recopa
* preseason tournaments
* more skills(bridge, hocus pocus, berba spin, and more)
1. No 3rd kits.
2. Too soon to talk about licenses.

m4re wrote:Please play a game with crap teams like the built-in D2 ones. Do they feel ok to play with, or are they completely unusable?

Also, play style variety - can you notice changes when playing say to cross to a target man vs playing through balls up the center? Defensive, counter attack bursts? Long range strikes accurate at all?
1. All teams in code were far better than D2 sides.
2. Defenders react differently to where the ball is, so yes.
3. Yes, used manual low shot when shooting from far out. Tricky but practice makes perfect.

riqro wrote:Dude about PES 2013, how it feels the new shooting and defensive system?
- I mean the ball go wherever we want?
- Shoot with currve how is it??
- How it feels when the players run with the ball?
- How it feels the dribling and the new way to recieve the ball?
Defensive system:
- there no more fouls every time we try to take the ball?
- there's a battle for the possession of the ball?
- how look and feels the defense when we slide?

*one favor, please tell to konami workers that the PESFANS dont want a better game than fifa, we want a better game than PES 6. Good luck!!
1. With manual shooting, yes.
2. Looks good, works well, adds variety.
3. Similar but Player ID makes things looks much better. Different running styles adds variation.
4. Very good. Better receiving the ball when you use manual passing.
5. Depends on how well you time your tackles. Shouldn't get the ball 100% of the time anyway.
6. No exactly what you mean by that, but yes.
7. Good. Similar to PES 2012.

riqro wrote:When we shoot or pass, i know that the ridiculous rainbow power bar its gone, so where and how is it now???
Was told it was gone. I don't remember seeing it.

Rocky5 wrote:Oh & slide tackles, if you get the ball you still get a foul called & a damn card :@
Referees were generally good. Never saw a straight red though, even though I tried to purposely get my players sent off. Tested the refs but even tackles from behind were yellows.

JDilla wrote:How to perform "Deft touch dribbling"? Which controls?
Is "Bursting run" etc. still in the game?
1. By holding R2 when dribbling. Works well and looks good.
2. Didn't try it.

CharlesPaim wrote:1) GK manual on line?
2) Number limit members: on line community
3) On line netcode enhanced?
4) Game Plan new features ?
1. Didn't ask but sure someone did. I'll try and find out.
2. Didn't ask. Wasn't told.
3. Can't talk about online now. We only played offline.
4. Looked similar, believe it's the same. Match menu looks different though. Full player models standing each side of the screen. Looks great.

dtm33 wrote:can you remove the cursor from the off ball controls
No. And why would you want to; if you pick the wrong player, you wouldn't necessarily notice it and your play would be slowed down.

✅ 🐦 💟

Macheda
Amateur
Amateur

Re: [Q&A] PES 2013 Community Day - 13th June

Post by Macheda » 7 years ago

If possible can you research:
Has the overall stadium atmosphere been enhanced?
Is their the possibility of straight out penalties as a game mode again?
Have keepers actually been enhanced or is it more of the same old?
And finally, have they got rid of the dreadful one through ball rips the defence bug?

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 7 years ago

I know some people have already mentioned it in their reviews, but I want YOUR impressions on the new shooting options.

I can see this list being very long so that's all I'll say..... for now. ;)
Join me in the Football Forum!

iliasgr
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by iliasgr » 7 years ago

Hello! Here is my question:

Can you check the index cards?
Is there again the "Speed Merchant" and the "Long Range Drive" cards?
If you cannot see the player's stats, you can see, the first card, in-game.
Take Ronaldo, hold down the run button and turn!

T0TTI
Reserve
Reserve
Supports: AS ROMA

Post by T0TTI » 7 years ago

can you please let us know what mlo is like cheers.
For MLO Coach Mode Guide Click on the link below

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php ... s-More-%29

Macheda
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Macheda » 7 years ago

T0TTI wrote:can you please let us know what mlo is like cheers.
" I will not be able to answer questions regarding certain topics - eg. licenses and online gamemodes.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 7 years ago

Yeah, I don't think MLO will be covered.

All about gameplay (and goalkeepers) I'm sure at this early stage. ;)
Join me in the Football Forum!

discover135
Beginner
Beginner

Post by discover135 » 7 years ago

hola miren saben algo de los kits de edicion ya que seria bueno que en las camisas no tuvieran 4 si no 8 y en las pantalonetas 4 y en las medias 4 seria bueno ya que asi quedarina los kits mas parecidos alos originales saludos soy juan camilo :discover135 aqui les dejo mi option file

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 687&type=3

Mike
Founder
Founder

discover135 wrote:hola miren saben algo de los kits de edicion ya que seria bueno que en las camisas no tuvieran 4 si no 8 y en las pantalonetas 4 y en las medias 4 seria bueno ya que asi quedarina los kits mas parecidos alos originales saludos soy juan camilo :discover135 aqui les dejo mi option file

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 687&type=3
When posting on these boards, you must always write in English.
✅ 🐦 💟

Afolash01
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Afolash01 » 7 years ago

Is there off the ball and teammate control in this game?

Mensah
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Mensah » 7 years ago

Hey,

Can you guys tell me if there is an option to regulate speed gaming as it was on PES 2012?

And also can you see the players overall please?

Sorry about my poor English :oops:

Daymos
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Daymos » 7 years ago

I'll try and find out as much as possible when I play it guys :)
USB OPTIONS HERE:
http://www.facebook.com/djdaymos

Optional Donation Link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... id=9361692

Twitter: @DJDaymos

Mike
Founder
Founder

Daymos wrote:I'll try and find out as much as possible when I play it guys :)
When we get to the Q&A, I am counting on you to show your face. ;)

I am anticipating we're going to receive a lot of questions for the event, so I'll need your help to make sure we get through them all.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Afolash01 wrote:Is there off the ball and teammate control in this game?
Can already confirm this is in.
✅ 🐦 💟

Daymos
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Daymos » 7 years ago

Of course mate

I'll write up my personal impressions too like last year (obviously with respect to any embargos etc).

I want to play you mike because I'll be trying things out not necessarily trying to win but a stranger may get excited and thrash me while I'm playing about lol
USB OPTIONS HERE:
http://www.facebook.com/djdaymos

Optional Donation Link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... id=9361692

Twitter: @DJDaymos