📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Demo 1: Feedback, Impressions & Discussion

DanWally
Regular
Regular
Supports: Leeds United

Re: Demo 1: Feedback, Impressions & Discussion

Post by DanWally » 7 years ago

Welcome Pesriki !

Great post bud, and very glad PES has brought you back into the light! in answer to a few of your questions.
Is it easy to download other peoples kit,names,league names etc. on ps3? how do i do this?
This is very easy to do as ive just spent a bit of time doing this on a friends PS3, all files you need will be found here when released http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/2012/0 ... eased.html along with a great installation guide. Really easy to follow and now thanks to the software update on PS3 very easy to install!

As for heading, your guess is as good as mine, it mainly seems to do this from corners for me and i think depends on the heading stat of the player you are using. Im sure there are other factors involved but it can be frustrating.

Although I don't play so much on-line when I do its still a great experience, find yourself a good community to play against is my advice!

Xbox360 GT - darkane14

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 7 years ago

Pesriki wrote:Fifa has become boring to me, and i can't do the whole tactical defending properly on fifa either, so i will be coming back to pes FINALLY as they seem to have a good game here at last.
Look who's come crawling back. ;)

Just kidding, welcome! You were probably right to go to Fifa, I just stuck with PES because I'm stubborn and could never get on with Fifa. Was like going out with a supermodel, glamorous and all the glitz is nice, but once you got down to the core it was superficial, boring and dead inside.
Pesriki wrote:How do you head the ball in the goal? everytime it goes slowly over the bar.
You can't, all you can do is press the button then quickly look up, clasp your hands together and prey to the PES gods for a none floaty one. Disclaimer: this may not actually improve your chances of a good header, but hell, it can't hurt! :P
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Pesriki
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pesriki » 7 years ago

Pesriki wrote:How do you head the ball in the goal? everytime it goes slowly over the bar.
You can't, all you can do is press the button then quickly look up, clasp your hands together and prey to the PES gods for a none floaty one. Disclaimer: this may not actually improve your chances of a good header, but hell, it can't hurt! :P
Yeh headers really are not good, i can't score by crossing it in and getting some pace on it into the corner, strange.

Also in fifa when waiting to head a ball from a goal kick you can nudge your oppenant and fight for the ball a bit, in pes 2013 it just seems like there is no skill in winning a header... you both just stand there waiting for 2 seconds not moving standing upright... or am i missing something that i should be doing?

DanWally
Regular
Regular
Supports: Leeds United

Post by DanWally » 7 years ago

Sounds like you are doing it exactly right.
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

CalcioCalabrese
Regular
Regular

Post by CalcioCalabrese » 7 years ago

Your selected player can be moved. Don't have to stand still waiting for the ball.

Cashis
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Chesterfield

Post by Cashis » 7 years ago

Yeah, you can super-cancel your man into a more favourable position to win the ball (although I've forgotten which buttons you use to do that, my hands know the movement but I can't recall it off the top of my head... all I know is that it's two of the shoulder buttons).

Pesriki
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pesriki » 7 years ago

cool, i'll try this later... i think it's R1 and R2.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 7 years ago

Pesriki wrote:cool, i'll try this later... i think it's R1 and R2.
Pretty sure its that too! ;)

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 7 years ago

Pesriki wrote:cool, i'll try this later... i think it's R1 and R2.
It is that, yes. The point still stands though that you shouldn't have to.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

shyheim
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shyheim » 7 years ago

Finding the skills button extremely useful when I'm on the ball with most of Portugals attack line (By that I mean players like Varela, Quaresma, CR7, Olivera not Postiga or Almeida) which is the first time ever on a PES game. It needs to be a bit more responsive though - sometimes when I try a flip flap they take a bit too long but not a big problem.

Rafeeq
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rafeeq » 7 years ago

OMGAAAAD please someone tell Konami they need to fix the animation cutting!! I have seen it in pes 2012 as well, at first I could ignore it but now its really irritating me. Whenever I pull off a great skill I go watch the replay of it and 9 times out of 10 there is a head going through someones arms or shoulder through face. This game looks beautiful but when this crap happens it looks really bad!!!

WeusT
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by WeusT » 7 years ago

Does anyone know the new button-configuration for the PS3? I have seen some sheets for the X-Box but can’t find the PS3 versions. This because off the issues I have with the team preset-team-tactics while playing a match with the first demo of PES2013.

When I play a match I sometimes see my team tactics changing in the corner of the screen. I have discovered that pressing the up or down button will change more attack or defence but how to change the preset-team-tactic I don’t know.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 7 years ago

The controls are in the game I think. Could only find this:

Haven't touched preset tactics so not really sure what else to say!