Master League in PES13

Steelhorse75
Reserve
Reserve

Master League in PES13

Post by Steelhorse75 »

is ruined.

Over on WENB they are saying that every player in the Master League has black boots. Not really a problem.
But you have to win games to unluck coloured boots. Not a problem.

The problem is that the boots give the players their "special powers"

Typical Konami. They always muck up something.
PES15........Dare we believe.......

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: Master League in PES13

Post by Seabass »

I've seen the posts and Adam (despite him saying that he's given out the information with no hint of bias) he's completely made his mark and he's just spending his days slagging off the new feature.

Kinda weird that a guy as high up as him acts so unprofessional really. I guess he's upset but there should be a better way to handle it.

It doesn't sound good, but let's see what Konami can do. :|
Join me in the Football Forum!

Steelhorse75
Reserve
Reserve

Post by Steelhorse75 »

I really hope that Konami can sort it out.
Its like they are aiming for 5 year olds. Its the kind of thing that a kid beleives when you tell them that a better boot make you a better player.
PES15........Dare we believe.......

gorbetti
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gorbetti »

It feels like a complete knee jerk reaction to the Ultimate Team mode in FIFA.

I think the biggest issue is that they have seemingly replaced the adored Master League with this rather as include it as a separate entity.

Introducing it as a new game mode would have no negatives really - another string to the bow if you will. But replacing a successful game mode altogether is a bit much for me (if indeed reports are accurate).

DanWally
Regular
Regular
Supports: Leeds United

Post by DanWally »

I refuse to believe this! I can see it implemented perhaps for BAL but there is no need to introduce this into the Master League set up.

This potentially could be a massive mistake, how is this anything like real life? Rooney saves up his fantasy points so he buy his magic boots?!

Please say this is a feature you can switch off?!
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo »

Marvin from prorevo has uploaded some pics ---
http://www.prorevo.de/blog/2012/pes-201 ... isterliga/

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post by Seabass »

Nice screens. Still a little worried ML will just be about unlocking and assigning boots... but let's hope that isn't the case.

It's not a gamebreaker for me, although I can understand why many people would be turned off. :?

Rather than getting your opinion on one guy's thoughts, I would probably wait until Konami release official info - or at least wait until you play it for yourself.

Lostlam
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Lostlam »

I really don't know what to think exactly in regards to ML this year as Konami seem to have really gone down the wrong path this year. They have decided to implement boots that have to be earned and then give players boosts. It really doesn't sound the way players improve in real life and it reminds me of fantasy games such as Runescape, which you obtain items to improve yourself (in this case, players). I just can wait to physically try it out for myself to personally see how much it impacts ML and how it progresses season after season.

In addition, I do have to note that players did have boots that actually boost their stats in PES 2010,2011 and I think 2012, but it was subtle and was only evident in edit mode and not altered in ML.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post by Seabass »

I think the biggest worry is if all the players are wearing black boots to start off with, the game will lose a huge chunk of authenticity and realism. I just hope this isn't a mistake by Konami. The idea has potential but improvements (and confirmation and explanations) should be made.

Lostlam
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Lostlam »

For me the best idea if Konami is going to stick with this idea is that actual teams already have players with boots, which would make it more realistic instead of all players having black boots as it is understandable that Konami want to try and make a fair playing field in relation to all players starting off with black boots, but it just isn't right. I think only the default ML team should start off with all black boots and at least then you could mould your players how you want and would AT LEAST have some sort of proper concept.

DanWally
Regular
Regular
Supports: Leeds United

Post by DanWally »

I just hope there is an option to do a normal Master League without this boot thing. I still dont think it will be within Master League
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Pes140 »

This is an absolutely awful idea in my opinion. Hopefully it can be turned off. I like the shop apart from the silly hair etc. unlocking kits styles and classic teams/players was good.

All football players can afford boots so I don't get the point in this? How can a game be considered realistic if things like this are randomly implemented.

The problems were apparent and seemed to be fixed but this is looking to me like it could be one of the worst decisions that pes could have made. Really hoping master league has not been ruined, this random collecting boots idea is more disappointing that anything.

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by danmarsh »

I think the master league is gonna be awful black boots reminds me of Pes 1 not good at all :(

killhi12
Reserve
Reserve
Supports: Hereford FC

Post by killhi12 »

I think it is alright coz you get a challenge to unlock boots. but I still think it should only be on Become A Legand

Rage06
Professional
Professional
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Rage06 »

Not long to go for us all to play it and find out. Hope the core is still there though