📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Master League [Discussion]

emilempenza
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by emilempenza » 6 years ago

Yup, I'm on v3 but he's on the game from the start. Generally players develop an awful lot quicker if they play for you. I had Gaitan on my first save and he went up to a 107 within a couple of years, but on my new save where I don't have him, he was about a 94 at the same stage? All my players who play regularly seem to grow 3-4 points more a season for me having them. I have a regen Ryan Giggs who got 10 better in a season!

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 6 years ago

emilempenza wrote:Nir Biton starts playing for Israel and doesn't have a team, so is pretty easily available even for 2nd division teams. He's a gigantic central midfielder who develops into a complete animal. I'm about 4-5 years in and he is an overall 109 and still improving, with 80 or higher for EVERY individual statistic. I really can't praise him enough.
Really? Every? Even goalkeeping? Is he some sort of cheat player? Does he have any special cards as well?
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Any body else know of any decent players I'll be able to get at a 2nd division team except Nir Biton?

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 6 years ago

No more black boots!! Starting next month! :D

http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/2012/1 ... month.html

emilempenza
Amateur
Amateur

tigerwalms wrote:
emilempenza wrote:Nir Biton starts playing for Israel and doesn't have a team, so is pretty easily available even for 2nd division teams. He's a gigantic central midfielder who develops into a complete animal. I'm about 4-5 years in and he is an overall 109 and still improving, with 80 or higher for EVERY individual statistic. I really can't praise him enough.
Really? Every? Even goalkeeping? Is he some sort of cheat player? Does he have any special cards as well?
Ok, not goalkeeping, as there is no way of improving an outfield players GK skill (I don't know why they even have it, they all have 50 anyway) He's not a cheat player, he is just a very rounded player who develops very well. He was on trial at Man City last summer so I signed him up. He doesn't start with any cards, but I taught him knuckle shot and one touch play, for some devestating long rangers from DMC.
Another all round beast is Firmin of Toulouse, he is a ball playing CB who starts very low but again devlops into a very very good all rounder, with over 75 for everything now on mine and pretty ridiculous passing for a centreback, I think he has the pinpoint passer trait?

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

emilempenza wrote:Another all round beast is Firmin of Toulouse, he is a ball playing CB who starts very low but again devlops into a very very good all rounder, with over 75 for everything now on mine and pretty ridiculous passing for a centreback, I think he has the pinpoint passer trait?
Thanks for the tip, although if he starts off at Toulouse then I doubt I have much chance of picking him up. I think it's freebies or youth team to begin with, and I plan on spending the bulk of my money on the best trainer I can get. :oops:

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 6 years ago

emilempenza wrote:Nir Biton starts playing for Israel and doesn't have a team, so is pretty easily available even for 2nd division teams. He's a gigantic central midfielder who develops into a complete animal. I'm about 4-5 years in and he is an overall 109 and still improving...
That's the highest overall you can get! Players with maxed out stats get given an OR of 109. ;)
Join me in the Football Forum!

emilempenza
Amateur
Amateur

Yeah I figured 109 was the baffling highest overall possible, no idea why, seeming as players can still improve their individual stats beyond that. You'd figure there'd be a formula or peak it at 100, rather than the bizarre arbitrary limit of 109. Very odd decision, but then again it's Konami! I currently have Biton, Guidetti and Nastasic all at that overall but their stats are still improving
If you're after other players without club teams like Biton, then there are a couple of LB's in NT's who develop very well R. Rodriguez and Mashudu and a greek AM called something like Fortounis? I'm not 100% they don't have teams on v3, but they don't on the standard DP2

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

emilempenza wrote:Yeah I figured 109 was the baffling highest overall possible, no idea why, seeming as players can still improve their individual stats beyond that. You'd figure there'd be a formula or peak it at 100, rather than the bizarre arbitrary limit of 109. Very odd decision, but then again it's Konami! I currently have Biton, Guidetti and Nastasic all at that overall but their stats are still improving
If you're after other players without club teams like Biton, then there are a couple of LB's in NT's who develop very well R. Rodriguez and Mashudu and a greek AM called something like Fortounis? I'm not 100% they don't have teams on v3, but they don't on the standard DP2
Cheers for that. I was already fond of you as Mpenza used to be my go-to player on Football Manager so I like you even more now! (y)

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 6 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:
emilempenza wrote:Yeah I figured 109 was the baffling highest overall possible, no idea why, seeming as players can still improve their individual stats beyond that. You'd figure there'd be a formula or peak it at 100, rather than the bizarre arbitrary limit of 109. Very odd decision, but then again it's Konami! I currently have Biton, Guidetti and Nastasic all at that overall but their stats are still improving
Cheers for that. I was already fond of you as Mpenza used to be my go-to player on Football Manager so I like you even more now! (y)
Ha yeah, Mpenza was deadly on Champ Man 02/03.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

murphyr
Beginner
Beginner

Post by murphyr » 6 years ago

Pete Evo wrote:No more black boots!! Starting next month! :D

http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/2012/1 ... month.html
This is really interesting and a complete no brainer.

I wonder if they will retain the overall concept though? Players can start with whatever boots you decide to edit them with but these still have a stats boost effect and you are still able to unlock more boots throughout the game.

Personally i would ditch the entire thing as i am too old for this sort of kitsch nonsense but i wonder whether the boots thing is too hard coded into Master League mode this year for it to be removed completely.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Do you lose all your money at the end of the season as in previous versions or do you get to keep it this time? Always used to frustrate me that you could sell someone at the end of the season and then lose the money!

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 6 years ago

Ahh, haven't been on here in a couple of weeks or so becuase I've been on Halo 4 too much, finally came back to see they're taking out the black boots :') It's good to be back! Let's hope it doesn't start glitching or something.....there's always something like that with Konami! Can't wait for the update, so I can finally start my ML season, I'll be playing PES more this year too, as Halo 4 is a dissapointment lol. Well played Konami =).
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Hurbster
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Hurbster » 6 years ago

Just started ML with Southampton using the classic teams. Blimey it's tough to sign anyone at the beginning. Even some of the Saints kids like Ward-Prowse or Luke Shaw. I have to say I don't like the fact that transfers are completely out of my hands.

Rickyricc
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Rickyricc » 6 years ago

Ive been playing a ML campaign with both Real Madrid and Newcastle. Been a very different experience but certainly alot of fun.
A couple of my latest games below. I try to keep it entertaining!! ;)

Valencia V Real Madrid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kc8cCYtk8U
Newcastle V Reading - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOczhs4II1Q

All the other games are on my channel aswell.