Master League [Discussion]

tommobfc
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by tommobfc » 5 years ago

Think you can only edit the youth team names but I'm not 100% sure.


Bury FC

melo17
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by melo17 » 5 years ago

In master league offline can you get offered another team job or ? I'm debating if I should start with a small side and work my way up to perhaps Real Madrid. So the question is can I get offered to coach other teams or I have to stay with the team I first started with ?

Thanks !

User avatar
Mike
Founder
Founder
Posts: 4378
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Supports: The Arsenal
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

melo17 - you can only manage one side during your entire ML career.
✅ 🐦 💟

User avatar
JCFast
Regular
Regular
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Dec 7, 2012
Supports: Chelsea FC

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

If I start a ML with no player development on, do players retire?
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by djwavfc » 5 years ago

Finally started a Master League now after the release of the option file. (great work with that btw)

I was unsure who to play with. It was going to be a championship team and I eventually settled on Blackpool

4-3-3
Gilks
Eardley Evatt Cathcart Crainey
Sylvestre Ferguson Grandin
MPhillips Delfouneso Ince

I promoted Morillo from the youth team and I've only just realised it's the guy who won that competition. Pretty good player and also from the youth team Arrtman and the one keeper whos name is pronounceable.(forgot who)

Halfway through first season and in the promotion places. I'm not sure if I'm currently top as it's a bit tight and I've lost a few. I like that it doesn't seem too difficult but I'm still able to concede goals and lose games usually down to my own mistakes. I'm not playing on the highest levels however because I'm not that good at the game(I defend like Villa after an Xmas bash sometimes) but it's rather balanced for me right now.

I don't have much spending money for transfers but the squad is very good. May try for a few freebies in the summer as there are some good players putting contracts on hold. Ramsey and Coquelin from Arsenal could be good in positions I may need, but they will probably reject me :(. For some reason Muller might be available from Bayern but I don't think he would fancy the beach.

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by djwavfc » 5 years ago

Wow I completely forgot how terrible the transfer system is, and it seems to be much much worst in 2013. Can't buy anyone at all. If I get the chance to the AI is asking for millions that I can't afford for Transfer listed reserves and then expect me to sell my top players for half a million. Must be having a laugh. And now Sylvestre and Ince have put in transfer requests. I though Konami got rid of all these annoying player interaction cutscenes. :(

Anyway I got promoted. Finished second behind Bolton who pulled away in the end.

MacaulayRose7
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jan 4, 2013

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by MacaulayRose7 » 5 years ago

Why is everyone so highly rated on PES? Also I agree that the Transfer System is very poor, you basically give it to your Coach for him to attempt to buy you which never works. We should be able to choose the amount we bid for the player e.g. I hope Konami looks at this.

User avatar
heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Oct 1, 2012
Supports: Neutral or Liverpool
Location: UK

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by heerenveen123 » 5 years ago

JCFast wrote:If I start a ML with no player development on, do players retire?
Yeah, they age normally, it's just that their stats will never change
Logos, wallpapers, photos, edits, image enhancements, banners etc.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HmistryGraphics
DeviantArt - http://heerenmistry.deviantart.com/
XBL Gamertag: Not Brown Sound

User avatar
DanWally
Regular
Regular
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011
Supports: Leeds United

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by DanWally » 5 years ago

The transfer system is very flawed, and its a shame because i really enjoy playing the master league but this is something that needs looking at.
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

jaa1980
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 8, 2012

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by jaa1980 » 5 years ago

I am doing a Master League with the Spurs with Daymos/OPE option file of course :-D .

My question is settings best for a average/good player. Since we do not have sliders to effect gameplay for us, I am torn between what to do. I like game now post patches with 0 game speed. I tried playing on Regular and it is a goal fest, to easy to score. Switched to Professional and definitely more challenging for me, I am not some stick jockey. Here is my problem, I have games where everything seems great and realistic, besides not enough fouls in game, win or lose it seems great on the pitch and the PES we love. Now then there seems to be stretches where no matter who I play the CPU seems unstoppable. I always switch lineups to make sure no one is too tired and put best form players at time on the pitch. It goes for like 3-4 game stretches, then gets back to regular games. Something I am missing or just the game??? I really love PES, but do not want to feel cheated by CPU, and that is what it feels like. I do not mind losing, and I have had some great matches where I lost in CL group stage and EPL. Then I play obviously lower sides in EPL and it is like I do not even have a chance. Just feels different. Please help me understand something I am missing, because I do not want to play on regular and just get rid of game from boring goal fests.

Please Advise..........

User avatar
JCFast
Regular
Regular
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Dec 7, 2012
Supports: Chelsea FC

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

jaa1980 wrote:I am doing a Master League with the Spurs with Daymos/OPE option file of course :-D .

My question is settings best for a average/good player. Since we do not have sliders to effect gameplay for us, I am torn between what to do. I like game now post patches with 0 game speed. I tried playing on Regular and it is a goal fest, to easy to score. Switched to Professional and definitely more challenging for me, I am not some stick jockey. Here is my problem, I have games where everything seems great and realistic, besides not enough fouls in game, win or lose it seems great on the pitch and the PES we love. Now then there seems to be stretches where no matter who I play the CPU seems unstoppable. I always switch lineups to make sure no one is too tired and put best form players at time on the pitch. It goes for like 3-4 game stretches, then gets back to regular games. Something I am missing or just the game??? I really love PES, but do not want to feel cheated by CPU, and that is what it feels like. I do not mind losing, and I have had some great matches where I lost in CL group stage and EPL. Then I play obviously lower sides in EPL and it is like I do not even have a chance. Just feels different. Please help me understand something I am missing, because I do not want to play on regular and just get rid of game from boring goal fests.

Please Advise..........
Started a ML with Spurs myself not too long ago too, on Professional and at 0 game speed. The first half of the season was pretty tough, I think I managed to just stay in the Europa League spots. I hadn't taken on any new players or played ones who were in bad form. The games were just like you said, sometimes you get really easy wins, sometimes the CPU just won't concede and gets really lucky goals.

However on the second half of the season, I suddenly started winning more often and actually reached fourth place in the end. Didn't feel that unfair anymore, although I did get trashed by Chelsea and Swansea, and even drawed a crucial game against Liverpool. Got knocked out from the Champions league right away, but made it into Europa league and survived until the semi-finals.

The only thing I changed was to put more focus points on Defence in the Training window. Before I had them kind of even, but now I just poured Defence a bit higher than the other stats, I think 5 points on it. It could have also just been my players getting better anyways. However I do still feel that without Bale and Lennon on the field, I'm struggling to make things happen, but that's because I do play with a wide formation.

The second season I just dominated. Won the Premier league with 91 points, won the FA cup and the Champions league. But still I did have some really tough matches there in-between.

So in the end I ended up enjoying playing despite the troubles I had in the first season, troubles that weren't even unreal to be honest... I do think the CPU does cheat a little with the goals it scores, but still it's better than winning every single game you play.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

jaa1980
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 8, 2012

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by jaa1980 » 5 years ago

JCFast wrote:
jaa1980 wrote:I am doing a Master League with the Spurs with Daymos/OPE option file of course :-D .

My question is settings best for a average/good player. Since we do not have sliders to effect gameplay for us, I am torn between what to do. I like game now post patches with 0 game speed. I tried playing on Regular and it is a goal fest, to easy to score. Switched to Professional and definitely more challenging for me, I am not some stick jockey. Here is my problem, I have games where everything seems great and realistic, besides not enough fouls in game, win or lose it seems great on the pitch and the PES we love. Now then there seems to be stretches where no matter who I play the CPU seems unstoppable. I always switch lineups to make sure no one is too tired and put best form players at time on the pitch. It goes for like 3-4 game stretches, then gets back to regular games. Something I am missing or just the game??? I really love PES, but do not want to feel cheated by CPU, and that is what it feels like. I do not mind losing, and I have had some great matches where I lost in CL group stage and EPL. Then I play obviously lower sides in EPL and it is like I do not even have a chance. Just feels different. Please help me understand something I am missing, because I do not want to play on regular and just get rid of game from boring goal fests.

Please Advise..........
Started a ML with Spurs myself not too long ago too, on Professional and at 0 game speed. The first half of the season was pretty tough, I think I managed to just stay in the Europa League spots. I hadn't taken on any new players or played ones who were in bad form. The games were just like you said, sometimes you get really easy wins, sometimes the CPU just won't concede and gets really lucky goals.

However on the second half of the season, I suddenly started winning more often and actually reached fourth place in the end. Didn't feel that unfair anymore, although I did get trashed by Chelsea and Swansea, and even drawed a crucial game against Liverpool. Got knocked out from the Champions league right away, but made it into Europa league and survived until the semi-finals.

The only thing I changed was to put more focus points on Defence in the Training window. Before I had them kind of even, but now I just poured Defence a bit higher than the other stats, I think 5 points on it. It could have also just been my players getting better anyways. However I do still feel that without Bale and Lennon on the field, I'm struggling to make things happen, but that's because I do play with a wide formation.

The second season I just dominated. Won the Premier league with 91 points, won the FA cup and the Champions league. But still I did have some really tough matches there in-between.

So in the end I ended up enjoying playing despite the troubles I had in the first season, troubles that weren't even unreal to be honest... I do think the CPU does cheat a little with the goals it scores, but still it's better than winning every single game you play.
Thanks for responding, ill keep at it. Good to hear someone else going through same issues. Do tou play full manual? Or with assists? Half length? I play 10 min currently.

User avatar
JCFast
Regular
Regular
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Dec 7, 2012
Supports: Chelsea FC

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

Playing full manual with 10 minute matches. Tried to play with Top Player too, but got beaten way too often.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

jaa1980
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 8, 2012

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by jaa1980 » 5 years ago

JCFast wrote:Playing full manual with 10 minute matches. Tried to play with Top Player too, but got beaten way too often.
Thanks! Me too

User avatar
JCFast
Regular
Regular
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Dec 7, 2012
Supports: Chelsea FC

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

Can actually anyone explain how that Training does affect your team?

Does it just mean that your players' stats improve in that order of priority? Or do only those stats improve?

Or are the effects not even directly related to the player stats?
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests