📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Master League [Discussion]

Post Reply
User avatar
tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011
Supports: Sunderland
Location: England

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by tigerwalms » 6 years ago

emilempenza wrote:The autosave "problem" is only really an issue on ps3 apparently, as on my xbox it takes about 3 seconds to save it each time. As for the players being unhappy, you can't talk to them anymore, as people moaned so much they removed it. Some people are now moaning that you can't talk to them, so I guess Konami can't win there. As for it being fustrating that there isn't much you can do about big clubs coming in and making your players unhappy, that sounds fairly realistic to me.
What a ridiculous, over-simplistic view that is. It's a good job many in the world don't hold your view on things or we'd be stuck in the dark ages.

People didn't moan because they could speak to their players, they complained because of the basic and extremely poorly executed way in which it was done. The latest version released should at least have improved the communication, get things right that weren't in the previous version. Instead they've decided to remove it altogether, to your approval it seems? I'm assuming Konami have just thought "Yeah, sorry, we'll just throw that away, we've no idea what we're doing in those areas". :/


Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

User avatar
tommyk1985
Warming Up
Warming Up
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 1, 2012

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by tommyk1985 » 6 years ago

"OK... I understand." (crazy)

emilempenza
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by emilempenza » 6 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:
emilempenza wrote:The autosave "problem" is only really an issue on ps3 apparently, as on my xbox it takes about 3 seconds to save it each time. As for the players being unhappy, you can't talk to them anymore, as people moaned so much they removed it. Some people are now moaning that you can't talk to them, so I guess Konami can't win there. As for it being fustrating that there isn't much you can do about big clubs coming in and making your players unhappy, that sounds fairly realistic to me.
What a ridiculous, over-simplistic view that is. It's a good job many in the world don't hold your view on things or we'd be stuck in the dark ages.

People didn't moan because they could speak to their players, they complained because of the basic and extremely poorly executed way in which it was done. The latest version released should at least have improved the communication, get things right that weren't in the previous version. Instead they've decided to remove it altogether, to your approval it seems? I'm assuming Konami have just thought "Yeah, sorry, we'll just throw that away, we've no idea what we're doing in those areas". :/
Wow, what a lovely overreaction. It's a good job many in the world don't overreact like that or we'd be stuck in the dark ages. :roll:

I obviously over simplified it, seeming as it was just a quick response to a question about whether it's on anymore, not an attempt to give an in depth assesment into anything. The reality is that people moaned endlessly about how the player interaction worked so, I assume, Konami felt compelled to do something about it. They could have tweaked it instead to make it less enfuriatingly awful and not a constant annoyance, but instead obviously decided to cut their losses and concentrate on other things. I can only speak for myself, but given the choice of the old communication system, or removing it completely, I'm much happier without it on at all.

Cashis
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011
Supports: Chesterfield

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by Cashis » 6 years ago

It was a stupid idea to include it in the first place. Glad it's gone.

User avatar
tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011
Supports: Sunderland
Location: England

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by tigerwalms » 6 years ago

emilempenza wrote:Wow, what a lovely overreaction. It's a good job many in the world don't overreact like that or we'd be stuck in the dark ages. :roll:

I obviously over simplified it, seeming as it was just a quick response to a question about whether it's on anymore, not an attempt to give an in depth assessment into anything. The reality is that people moaned endlessly about how the player interaction worked so, I assume, Konami felt compelled to do something about it. They could have tweaked it instead to make it less enfuriatingly awful and not a constant annoyance, but instead obviously decided to cut their losses and concentrate on other things. I can only speak for myself, but given the choice of the old communication system, or removing it completely, I'm much happier without it on at all.
Yes, you oversimplified it. It was more your choice of language, implying that us players are 'moaning' how poor it was and how Konami can't win with us (except make it better? ;) ).

I guess we'll only find out next year when PES 2014 is released and we can see how the Master League has evolved. Hopefully they know what they needed to do and decided not to do it on this old engine as work would have been duplicated. Who knows.

With regards to given the choice of the old communication system or removing it completely, suppose I'll only know when I try it, but imagine having depressed players and being unable to do anything about it may start to grate.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

User avatar
tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011
Supports: Sunderland
Location: England

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by tigerwalms » 6 years ago

Cashis wrote:It was a stupid idea to include it in the first place. Glad it's gone.
It's not though, if you do it properly it's a great idea. All part of the immersion, make you feel a connection to your players.

Saying that there should be the option to turn it off too if you don't fancy it, or just leave the assistant manager in charge to do it. Each to their own. (y)
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

emilempenza
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by emilempenza » 6 years ago

Players generally don't get depressed for no reason on this one in the way they did on the one before, so the communication system isn't really neccesary. I feel they intentionally made everyone into Balotelli-esque sulkers just so you had to use the system more. On this one, the only time my players have been unhappy is when they've been transfer listed, a better club has tried to buy them, or I continuosuly play worse players ahead of them. (all of which is fair enough in my book) Thankfully, gone are the days of a player being miserable because I rested him for one game when he needed it.

User avatar
tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011
Supports: Sunderland
Location: England

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by tigerwalms » 6 years ago

emilempenza wrote:Thankfully, gone are the days of a player being miserable because I rested him for one game when he needed it.
Thank god for that, I forgot about that nonsense. I suppose it's just a matter of how often do the big clubs come in for players now as last time it was very often?
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

emilempenza
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by emilempenza » 6 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:
emilempenza wrote:Thankfully, gone are the days of a player being miserable because I rested him for one game when he needed it.
Thank god for that, I forgot about that nonsense. I suppose it's just a matter of how often do the big clubs come in for players now as last time it was very often?
On mine it happened a fair bit on my Benfica save, but that's because I started with full squad in the second division. Good players + low club ranking = easy pickings it seems. I lost about 5 players at the end of the first season, but after that I only lost a couple at the end of the second and none after that. It seemed pretty fair

User avatar
tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011
Supports: Sunderland
Location: England

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by tigerwalms » 6 years ago

emilempenza wrote: On mine it happened a fair bit on my Benfica save, but that's because I started with full squad in the second division. Good players + low club ranking = easy pickings it seems. I lost about 5 players at the end of the first season, but after that I only lost a couple at the end of the second and none after that. It seemed pretty fair
When you say you 'lost 5 players' do you mean you sold them or did they just leave for nothing? Couldn't you tie them to long term contracts?
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

emilempenza
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by emilempenza » 6 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:
emilempenza wrote: On mine it happened a fair bit on my Benfica save, but that's because I started with full squad in the second division. Good players + low club ranking = easy pickings it seems. I lost about 5 players at the end of the first season, but after that I only lost a couple at the end of the second and none after that. It seemed pretty fair
When you say you 'lost 5 players' do you mean you sold them or did they just leave for nothing? Couldn't you tie them to long term contracts?
I sold them, 3 of them put in transfer requests after I turned down a couple of bids and the others I sold because they only had a year left on their contracts and their happiness bar was going down as I rejected bids. I lost one player on a free because I never played him and played a young player ahead of him, so he refused to sign a new contract. I presume that's all that happens if people are unhappy, they put in transfer request and refuse to sign new deals

User avatar
heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Oct 1, 2012
Supports: Neutral or Liverpool
Location: UK

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by heerenveen123 » 6 years ago

I hated the way the communication worked, but they were on the right tracks. Instead of having to force us to use it they could leave the communication there for us to use as and when we need to.

I remember once Jordan Henderson said 'why aren't you picking me...?' because he is normally picked after Gerrard and Shelvey. But still plays Europa/FA cup games, plus substitute appearances. I can't remember what I responded with, but he was like 'Oh so what am meant to think of that?'. He missed the next game for being on a purple arrow, then the week after the game he handed in a transfer request. Brad Jones had played only one game all season, yet he never said a thing.
It should be something more like how it is now, but where you can check a players affection towards the club, and then see what it is that has increased/decreased their affection, WITHOUT having to respond to it. Just so you can see what the player needs to increase their affection towards the club. Please don't be cynical, just an idea :'(
Logos, wallpapers, photos, edits, image enhancements, banners etc.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HmistryGraphics
DeviantArt - http://heerenmistry.deviantart.com/
XBL Gamertag: Not Brown Sound

User avatar
Nades
Professional
Professional
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012
Supports: Liverpool
Location: England | United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by Nades » 6 years ago

I like it all to be simplistic. I really didn't like having to answer to the same question, with the same answer time and time again -_- Happy they didn't put it in this years version.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

User avatar
heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Oct 1, 2012
Supports: Neutral or Liverpool
Location: UK

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by heerenveen123 » 6 years ago

Is there a way to force the game to let me have a DMF? Whenever I try and build an attack down the middle of the pitch, Lucas is always there to receive the ball, instead of Gerrard/Allen/Sahin/Shevely. Sometimes I pass the ball with Lucas and then he makes run to get behind the opposition back four? It becomes really annoying when I cut inside from the wing or hold the ball up waiting for support around the edge of the box and I see Lucas running in to a shooting position. The amount of clear shots on goal Lucas gets is ridiculous, considering how bad he is at shooting. When the ball gets cleared I find Joe Allen trying to win headers and protect the back four. Why is this?
I play 4-3-3, do I move his player icon deeper, towards the defence? Because that doesn't seem to make a huge difference

LWF----CF----RWF
--CMF-DMF-CMF--
LB---CB----CB---RB
Logos, wallpapers, photos, edits, image enhancements, banners etc.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HmistryGraphics
DeviantArt - http://heerenmistry.deviantart.com/
XBL Gamertag: Not Brown Sound

User avatar
Nades
Professional
Professional
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012
Supports: Liverpool
Location: England | United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by Nades » 6 years ago

Yeah, I get the same problem mate! It's annoying, I don't know how to stop this, the game just decides to choose the worst possible player to move forward, even if he's meant to be a DMF :/
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests