📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Master League [Discussion]

TheGodMC
Squad Player
Squad Player
Supports: Liverpool FC

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by TheGodMC » 6 years ago

Probably because most defensive midfielders have high attacking/defending work rates aswell as high stamina.

addertap
Beginner
Beginner
Supports: Arsenal

Post by addertap » 6 years ago

I've noticed that the CPU sometimes plays a CB in the DM role, for example Chelsea usually play John Terry there against me. Checking his positions it says he can play CB, SW, DM and CM which is ridiculous. When V3 drops i'll be doing some editing to this aspect of the game as AI line-ups are almost always annoyingly wrong.

emilempenza
Amateur
Amateur

Post by emilempenza » 6 years ago

John Terry always plays there against me aswell. I think it's because his card says he can play there, so the computer doesn't make enough distinction into what is his prefered position. (Quite why JT can apparently play DMC is beyond me, I don't think he has ever played there in real life). In his case I think it's a bit of an anomoly, as he shouldn't be allowed to play there, but for a lot of people it makes sense that they aren't rigidly stuck to there number 1 position (like Hazard being played AMC, or RM instead of LM). Ideally they'd have the position system from FM, where players ability to play in different positions is actually quantified, so this sort of thing doesn't happen, but that's probably a bit of a big ask for PES as it's probably pretty complicated

addertap
Beginner
Beginner
Supports: Arsenal

Post by addertap » 6 years ago

Chelsea has been the team that sticks out for odd changes. Turnbull in goal, David Luiz at left back, Malouda first team. At least Torres is always up top, even though his positions include RW and LW, which baffles me, i really don't understand Konami's thinking. They must surely understand it's flawed.

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Neutral or Liverpool

Post by heerenveen123 » 6 years ago

They seem to hand out positions willy nilly in the recent games. I understand football has more fluidity and movement in these past couple of years, but that doesn't mean you can have one player available for 5+positions, just because at one point in their career they played there! Like Gerrard is not going to play SS, AMF, RMF, LMF or DMF. He is now only a CMF.
If you want the most accurate stats (you all probably know) but use PesStatsDatabase. Every stat is within pin-point accuracy and they only give current positions for each player.
Also, this is kind of irrelevant, but once in BAL, when i was playing for Inter we had a training match. The whole squad was reserve/fringe players as usual but then i noticed they had played Julio Cesar at CB. Then it happened again in the next training match. Weird
Logos, wallpapers, photos, edits, image enhancements, banners etc.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HmistryGraphics
DeviantArt - http://heerenmistry.deviantart.com/
XBL Gamertag: Not Brown Sound

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 6 years ago

Started a new ML with Hamburg. Van der Vaart is so fun to use on this game.

Need some new (preferably cheap youngsters) though, does anyone have any recommendations?

Anyone with V3 beta, let me know how Wilfred Zaha plays!

TheGodMC
Squad Player
Squad Player

Pete Evo, grab Chicacharito if you have the money, levels up so quickly, Jonathan Dos Santos from Barcelona is a great buy/loan also I got Paul Pogba from Juventus on loan for next to nothing. Kurt Zouma of ASSE is a great centre back at 17 years old at level 70 he improves massively, best buy I made.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 6 years ago

TheGodMC wrote:Pete Evo, grab Chicacharito if you have the money, levels up so quickly, Jonathan Dos Santos from Barcelona is a great buy/loan also I got Paul Pogba from Juventus on loan for next to nothing. Kurt Zouma of ASSE is a great centre back at 17 years old at level 70 he improves massively, best buy I made.
Thanks, will take a look tonight. :)

Evolution7
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Evolution7 » 6 years ago

Pete Evo wrote:
TheGodMC wrote:Pete Evo, grab Chicacharito if you have the money, levels up so quickly, Jonathan Dos Santos from Barcelona is a great buy/loan also I got Paul Pogba from Juventus on loan for next to nothing. Kurt Zouma of ASSE is a great centre back at 17 years old at level 70 he improves massively, best buy I made.
Thanks, will take a look tonight. :)
Nelson Oliveira!

Alvaro Morata, Gabi Muniain and a lot more :-)

TheGodMC
Squad Player
Squad Player

Sergio Roberto (Barcelona) is another starlet that grows quickly, he has just reached 22 now in my career at Deportivo and he's 89 and in the spanish national team.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 6 years ago

I'm assuming if you start off in the second division that you have no chance of getting these players?
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Rama78
Reserve
Reserve

Post by Rama78 » 6 years ago

I got fed up with the cheats online so started an offline ML on Superstar. The game is bloody fantastic! I dont understand all this stuff about the opposition AI cheating, always scoring free kicks etc (they have scored one free kick against me in first season and Im half way through it).

I started with Celtic (real team) in the EPL. I am into the last 16 of Champs League (just about following a 0-0 cliff hanger at the Mestella in the last game against Valencia. Both teams hit the post). I am only about mid table in the league though and out of the FA Cup in the 2nd round.

I am using Daymos' V3 Option File and it looks amazing. Konami wont ban the cheats so I think Im finished with that mode. Too frustrating.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Rama78 wrote:Konami wont ban the cheats so I think Im finished with that mode. Too frustrating.
It's very sad but I had to give up with online a few years ago due to things like this. Very sad indeed.

emilempenza
Amateur
Amateur

Post by emilempenza » 6 years ago

Nir Biton starts playing for Israel and doesn't have a team, so is pretty easily available even for 2nd division teams. He's a gigantic central midfielder who develops into a complete animal. I'm about 4-5 years in and he is an overall 109 and still improving, with 80 or higher for EVERY individual statistic. I really can't praise him enough.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

emilempenza wrote:Nir Biton starts playing for Israel and doesn't have a team, so is pretty easily available even for 2nd division teams. He's a gigantic central midfielder who develops into a complete animal. I'm about 4-5 years in and he is an overall 109 and still improving, with 80 or higher for EVERY individual statistic. I really can't praise him enough.
Thanks, great tip. Are you playing with Daymos v3 file? I'm wondering if he'll be on my game, I sometimes wonder if the players and how good they are could be random. He'll probably have a rating of 40 in my game! :P