📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

MLO [Discussion]

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Neutral or Liverpool

Re: MLO [Discussion]

Post by heerenveen123 » 5 years ago

Getting someone with a lot of pace to man mark Van Der Mirch is probably the best deterrent, or sitting very deep, or playing the offside trap.

Yeah Odemwinge outwide was a key player, Altidore is a good hold-up player, but a little expensive early on. El-ghannassy (spelling?) was crucial out wide as well. Falkenburg (spelling?) was one of my best CMF simply because of his body balance, although I'm sure the game made him seem better than his stats suggest.

Yeah find a CB with: body balance, explosive power, top speed, jump and header accuracy. Or least most of those things. Sign one guy that is your set-piece taker, he may be rubbish but he will be useful when you have free-kicks etc. Arizmendi is also a key player for me since he can play across the front 3 and at LB and RB, plus he is cheap for the stats he has.

Logos, wallpapers, photos, edits, image enhancements, banners etc.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HmistryGraphics
DeviantArt - http://heerenmistry.deviantart.com/
XBL Gamertag: Not Brown Sound

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 5 years ago

So after playing a few games last night i feel like i have an okish team just 1 problem i gave into van der mirch and bought him and tbf hes actually not that good or maybe its just my style of play. I found this centre half called madjera i think thats what hes called and hes fairly good very pacey aswell still have gignac who is a beast i might add and vargas up top, have xakha from switzerland and diame in the middle next to buy is a keeper, ive checked out the recommendations and i think im going to go with mark bunn

bt26
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bt26 » 5 years ago

Bunn and Diame did a good job for me. Other cheap players I bought were Barreto, Audenrich, Naughton, Joe Allen, Benteke, Shotton, Mackie, Yarmanik, Mouseek, Tabb, Lichaj, Briand and Wanyama. Want a review of any of them then just ask.

Flash11
Regular
Regular

how were joe allen and wanayama and can you remember roughly there prices im being hit with contarct renewals now :(

bt26
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bt26 » 5 years ago

Wanyama is very similar to Diame. He is pretty good at centre back aswell as midfield.

I really like Allen. He is rated 73AMF but he is 78 in CMF. He is a good passer and compliments my other midfielders who are more powerful and quick.

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub

bt26 wrote:Wanyama is very similar to Diame. He is pretty good at centre back aswell as midfield.

I really like Allen. He is rated 73AMF but he is 78 in CMF. He is a good passer and compliments my other midfielders who are more powerful and quick.
What kind of midfield/formation do you use? I got bored of MLO so I've started buying only Liverpool players, as a challenge, and I noticed Allen was really cheap but I'm not sure if he suits my team.

I play a 4-2-1-3, with a DMF, CMF and AMF.

Flash11
Regular
Regular

Looking for a good but cheap maybe around the 2 million mark left back lads any ideas. I got jack Butland looks good so far 4 games played 3 clean sheets

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

Flash11 wrote:Looking for a good but cheap maybe around the 2 million mark left back lads any ideas. I got jack Butland looks good so far 4 games played 3 clean sheets
A lot of people have that Awkjild (very bad spelling) LB. He's really cheap but has pace plus good Def rating.

I used Lautao (again bad spelling) a lot before getting Cristico. Still have Lautoa in my squad as my back up as he is very usful. He might be a more than 2m though. I know I had him early so I know he's not loads.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub

Flash11 wrote:Looking for a good but cheap maybe around the 2 million mark left back lads any ideas. I got jack Butland looks good so far 4 games played 3 clean sheets
Gosso and Tomcak (spelling?) are not proper LB's but they play very well there, as well being very cheap.

Flash11
Regular
Regular

Just bought gosso looks solid enough, good quality that can play in a number of positions i bought de marcos for the same reason. Also added assaidi there aswell.

Stuart510
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Stuart510 » 5 years ago

My starting XI
GK: Lloris-87
CBs: Perea, Onuoha(I know, everyone has them, but its the pace and balance needed to stop the pacey strikers).
RB: Micah Richards
LB: Nagamoto (recent buy)
DMF: M'Vila
CMF :Belhanda or M. Sissoko it depends whether i play an SS or a AMF.
LMF: Muniain (everyone buy him! He is 75 overall, but when played on the left or right he goes up to 81. I'll never sell him)
RMF: Reus. another great buy. Sold Walcott to buy him and haven't looked back.
SS/AMF: Lavezzi (recent buy) if i do SS or Belhanda if I do AMF
CF: Ronaldo. although he never starts. I put any other player in to tire out my opponents defense.

Subs:
GK: Gallineta, first keeper I bought and I'm the only person online that has him :)
Defense: Kone, Ndiaye, Braahfield (sp?), Tomechak (sp?)
Midfield: Brocchi, Nzonzi, Khlosneri (another early buy and someone you guys should have. decent speed, and great shots/ passes for less that 1 million)
Forwards: Martins, Mphela, and Van Der Mirch (I know, pace... but i never play him up front. He's only on my team to replace a tired Reus. He'll be gone soon anyway. 3 games in contract.)

GT is Stuart510 if anyone wants a friendly match with our MLO teams someday. I prosime that I don't spam the through ball.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 5 years ago

Loving MLO... Been playing it for a while and have managed to amass a fairly decent side... Besides the odd lag cheat and far too many through ball spammers, when you get a good opponent it can be amazing... Trying to build a team with players who have less than 300 or so owners... Always looking for those who are awesome that no one else has picked up! Team at the moment:

GK: Frey
RB: Nelson (Amazing yet no one has him!)
CB: Vanderbuurd & Caceres (I know a few have these but I needed quick ish CBS)
LB: Dodo
CMF: Dempsey
RMF: Quaresma (For some reason, no one wants him?)
LMF: Gaitan
AMF: Gorcouff
SS: Nene (Probably my most owned player)
CF: Luis Fabiano

Subs
GK: Howard
DEFS: Vertonghan, Beria, Ney Santos, Forgshenko (quick and very cheap and underappreciated LB!)
MID: Mancini (Can play everywhere), Cristiano, Moralez (Amazing!) McGeady, Dominguez, Kallstrom, Simao
ATT: Jovanovic, Berbatov, Huntelaar, Oscar Cardozo, Ternalbao (Brilliant support striker, soo good!)

There are a couple of others but for the life of me I cant think who I have left out! Quite pleased to not have signed Van Der Mirch or any of the other cheap players..

All the mode is missing is a bit more of a league setup, not sure how you could work something like that into it but something that gives a bit more interaction with other players would be good... That and Van Der Mirch being publicly flogged in the center circle before every game! That'd be nice!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Sheff Wed BvB Fire

Post by Jay_Overidde » 5 years ago

So guys' I've just started up and my first game I got mullered 7-2 any tips on where to start on this? just play games till I can afford to build the team I want to build for the tactic I'm going to start using? Or would selling the entire first team then build from there be better?
Twitter - @_flipflopfriday
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

From experience, don't gutt out your entire squad to get better players right away. You wanna maybe sell 3 then get yourself a striker and a keeper. You'll get very pissed off with conceding "placed" shots with the default keepers in goal. For me, having a big squad is key, you want as many players playing with orange or red form, having a big squad gives you more options. I found the form really makes a big difference when you are at the early stages. Try not to fall in the trap of selling loads just to bring one player in.

That worked well for me, not saying its the only blueprint.

Also if you have a spare 10 mins, read through the entire MLO thread, you'll find some pretty helpful stuff on here.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Flash11
Regular
Regular

I would totally agree with what Shales has said, i done the opposite i sold everyone for a few mediocre players and it was a big mistake i had the bare amount and when the form wasnt good i struggled. So keep the players and add some new ones as you go along.

And yeah read through this thread another mistake i made i didnt read until after i made all the drastic decisions so which basically screwed me until i played a bunch of games struggling through them.

Good luck and keep us posted how your doing :-)