MLO [Discussion]

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: MLO [Discussion]

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

PLayed about 5 games last night. First sesh in a while. Great games too. No real spammers which was nice.

Anyway, I sold Pato last night and got Villa. I have to say Villa is loads better than Pato even though they are similar in rating. He is def worth picking up if you have that sort of cash knocking around. So I recommend Villa over strikers around that sort of price.

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

Post by pesfanneedhelp » 4 years ago

i got to final of a coach tourny last night, 8m profit, bought edmilson at right back and renewed some contracts

have 1.5m now,wanna build that up to 4-5m and buy a goalkeeper and then i have a first 11 of signed players!

Shales

Seriously pissed off with mlo now. Just got smashed 8-2 by a superstar team but all the guy did was through ball hulk every single pass. He had robbed, ribery etc but not even one dribble. Hulk was on buzzing red form and totally unstoppable.

The worse thing about it is, anyone who knows football knows hulk is utter shite. He's called hulk but he's such a wet turd. He's never done anything in his career worth talking about. Utter dump.

Shales

Konami may as well save a few quid next year and just get commentators into to record "now through to hulk" and "hulk shoots"

It's all you f'ing hear.

Shales

It's now also clear that hulk is some sort of 'cancer' even if he's played through and you get your defender there first, the ball if bounces off him straight to hulk. I can handle it with Ronaldo as he is actually a very good player. Not some greedy diving fanny pile of shite.

Gods own sniper
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Gods own sniper » 4 years ago

RAITSH - RANKED 996 in ratings, a dirty cheat. Toss player who has obviously cheated his way to the top.

Shales

Gods own sniper wrote:RAITSH - RANKED 996 in ratings, a dirty cheat. Toss player who has obviously cheated his way to the top.
Get him reported man. Wipe the scum out.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 4 years ago

Tonight has completely put me off the current MLO.. 5-6 games in a row and it was just Van Der Mirch/Hulk through ball abusers and cheap cut back goals in every game.. I know it can be defended against but my idea of fun is not to be controlling my center back for 90 minutes to cut out yet another full power through ball that has the accuracy of a heat seeking missile! I have had some awesome games in recent days and have really enjoyed it but today was just a killer.. If they dont remove the full pass assist online in 2014 then it will be just as frustrating!

Also, I genuinely conceded a goal today where my center back Caceres was nutmegged by a through ball from 30 yards away... Cleanly, no deflection, no nothing, just straight through to that Van Der Mirch and off he went for another tap in goal.. Crap. I would love to know why the defenders are so dumb when not being directly controlled and completely unable to stick out a leg when the ball rolls an inch to the side of them!! Also, there seems to be a complete lack of fast defenders.. I mean, there is Perea, Onouha and Richards... Thats it I think... I wont buy them on the principle I don't want the same team as everyone else. but it seems totally unbalanced in the forwards favor, I'm sure there are defenders out there just as fast as Hulk, Agbonlahor etc, they just appear to have been totally toned down for this game?? There are a plethora of 85+ pace midfielders and strikers but a total lack of fast defending options... Not right at all!!

Rant over!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Shales

Harsh times man. I'm glad it winds other people up as much as me. Great point about the speed of defenders. That needs to change. And you are right, they need to be stronger too. There are definitely strong defenders out there who would handle hulk all day long.

I call players like hulk and VDM "cancers" it's like they infect the game somehow so that they make your defenders muck up when they are trying to get on the end thru balls. Like you say, you spend all game cursor flicking to give your cb's a head start.

Luckily I stopped my self going down the same route of turning my side into the same as everyone else's. I sold all my players and got all arsenal players in. I soon found out that you just can't compete with the hulks etc so I then started signing ex arsenal players as well. Still there is no match for hulk. You need perea.

I get the occasional good game against other players who have done similar things to me. One chap had borussia Dortmund players and ex players (plus RVP some reason) and we had a great game. Just a Shame that the next game you face hulk martins VDM etc.

There should be match making options for hulk or no hulk ; )

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

I genuinely think a little filter would be a good idea, eg/ "No Hulk, VDM" and then see how many good games you would get then! The game is amazing when you do get a good opponent who plays football and it can be an end to end close run game.. I had an incredible 5-4 defeat the other day that was just epic, non stop action and not one VDM/Hulk through ball goal to be seen!

I generally try to keep my team relatively different... I don't have anyone much over 300 owners (besides Casillas and Handanovic, need a good goalie!) and try to use players most people wouldnt look at (eg/ I love Lorrente and Ternalbao up front together!) I have been toying with the idea of selling all my players and doing a under 799 setup with all players under 100 owners.. I did a quick look around and it looks plausible that I would have a fairly decent team, maybe the odd 80 rated player if I am careful! Could be fun and I may well do it soon!

See, I refuse to buy Perea, Onouha or Richards.. I am sticking with Kaboul, Yobo, Vanderbuurd and Caceres and trying to get them to sit back a little, I bought Vanderbuurd to sweep but it doesnt actually make a lot of difference whether you set him as cb or sw, he still gets done by the long through balls! Guess I am just bored of constantly hurriedly switching to my cb the moment I lose the ball in the opponents 18 yard box for fear of a 90 yard pin point throughball splitting my defense!

Heres to PES2014 balancing it, having fast cbs AND ritually sacrificing VDM in the center circle before every single MLO game!

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 4 years ago

Ive long giving up on this mode, spammers just knock the fun out of it. Really looking forward to 14's version though think it has massaive potential.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Well I am trying something novel while I wait for PES2014 to arrive.. I had a pretty decent team, probably about 840 rating, no speed merchants or overpowered superstars, just a decent team with players that I like using (Quaresma, Payet, Lamela, Llorente etc)... Then I got bored and replaced that team with one that sat just under the 799 rating which took quite a cull and some searching for players to fall under the 78-79 rating (with a few favorites still!).. Then after a few weeks of that I decided to embark on trying to build a squad entirely out of ex Tottenham players! Finally finished it today, got 32 ex Spurs "Legends" in there... Certainly an interesting line up, devoid of any major players (Until Bale leaves!) I struggled with defenders and goalkeepers, Hirschfield and Pletikosa are a bit tenuous but they will do! And having to rely on Corluka, Stephen Kelly and Alan Hutton as back ups is worrying I must admit! But it was a lot of fun and I wholeheartedly encourage anyone who is a bit bored and wants a challenge to give it a go! I'm sure there are a few teams in game you could build a 32 man squad with just ex players! Could be interesting and certainly shows you to be a lot different than the usual VDM/Hulk/Agbonlahor merchants :) Might even give it a go in PES2014 if they include a few more defenders and Gomes is available as a keeper!!

knibis
Reserve
Reserve

Post by knibis » 4 years ago

what do you think of this? made a costume MLO team... everyone has the same name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN7_-trGlg4

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

Cool idea! Would I be right in saying that Bruno is the most common name in the game?
Join me in the Football Forum!