The ONE and ONLY PES 2013 Complaints Thread

juststeve6831
Warming Up
Warming Up

The ONE and ONLY PES 2013 Complaints Thread

Post by juststeve6831 » 5 years ago

Is it just me (and it may be) but the game feels broken!
I loved the demo's and was genuienly excited to get the game this year, i was buzzing about the possible return of my beloved PES but i feel so let down with the final game.
Now i do admit this is by far the best PES on next gen by some distance, there are a number of factors that are great.
I love the idea of first touch, love that it is almost 100% manual and love player ID but there seems to be so much that frustrates me this year that it's becoming unplayable already.
I really do hope they patch this game because its driving me mad!

Catch up is still apparent, Theo Walcott still cannot leave people behind that he can in real life (i make no mention of his other attributes other than pace, and out and out pace means he should be outpacing people)

The lag (online is ridiculous it's unplayable for me and i have unlimited and very fast fibre optic and it is awful!) even in offline is not acceptable, when i press a button i want it done at that moment, not a split second later and it's ruining an otherwise great step up in gameplay. (Also the speed online is unbelievably fast and it's like ping pong football, no enjoyment at all)

The defenders even on a lower setting all seem to be telepathic and read every move, there is no fun in dribbling anymore as the defenders always read your intentions.
When im running full pace at them and then turn to their weaker foot, they still turn and can make the tackle which is simply not physically possible!!! They lose no momentum or speed when in reality they would!!

Passing (i play on manual and love it 80% of the time) is good but the choice of receivers is wrong. Almost always when there is more than one of my players near my intended target, i can guarantee that someone else will run after the ball instead of who i want to pass to, even though the pass is nearer them than anyone else (usually it's someone that's offside or a player that's the furthest away and has no chance of winning the ball!)

The scripting is still so blatently obvious (i know it's a game so of course there is scripting and i understand that) and again it is ruining PES.
You know when the cpu will score as your defenders will run off, not react, or do something else ridiculous and its so frustrating!!

I do want so much to love PES and this is the best available but Konami need to patch things otherwise it's too frustrating to play!

What do you guys think?

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Neutral or Liverpool

Re: Is the game broken?!

Post by heerenveen123 » 5 years ago

I agree with most of that. I don't play online, so i can't say anything about that, but the pre-determined outcomes really sap the fun out of this. I hate how every header, pass, and tackle is blatantly pre-determined. I can win 2-0 in ML, then maybe struggle for a 1-0 in the next match. Then, no matter what, i seem to lose the third game. I use players with obvious strengths like Andy Carroll or Ryo Myiachi, yet any of the AI players can be stronger, and faster every time. Where is the fun in trying to beat an opponent that is better than you no matter what?

I also have PES6 on my 360, and my god is that good. It is so rewarding, when you deserve a goal, you will get one. It also works the other way, when you concede a goal, you deserve that too. When you try to pass through teams/take on defenders on PES2013 you have no certainty of whether you can score. You (like FIFA) do some skill and see what the computer wants to decide. You can shoot as much as you want but even that is pre-determined. It is all unpredictable, but in a bad way. The BAL mode is really good, i have to admit. But ML just feels like a chore. This enhanced AI was awful in PES2012 because the game itself was bad, PES2013 feels better to play, but there is still some crappy imbalance between your defending and the AI's defending. That was one thing, since the days of PES6 (and all other PS2 PES versions) i was really really good at. Defending. Like the way i applied pressure with different players in different zones, and didn't just hold down X. Can't do that any more since my defenders play people onside, then run away from the ball and then can't be selected. It is just an automated goal for the AI team. It is also a shame that slide tackling has been removed from the series, i used to love making that last ditch slide from carragher to save the last minute goal which wins your team the D1 cup! Now when i slide, it is either in the wrong direction altogether or it is a foul.

Also, i used to defend using R2/RT anyway, before deciding when to make tackle for myself. Why have FIFA and now PES taken away this option? Whether you like it or not, you will have to do hold up play. Which i did anyway. Now everyone does this. Well, technically the game is doing it for them.

All the things i loved about PES have been removed or done poorly, it is like i am playing in a pre-recorded football match i where i can only do so much.
Another thing, why the hell have they not kept the Selection Matches?
Logos, wallpapers, photos, edits, image enhancements, banners etc.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HmistryGraphics
DeviantArt - http://heerenmistry.deviantart.com/
XBL Gamertag: Not Brown Sound

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: Is the game broken?!

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

The game isn't "broken" but if you prefer Demo 1 or 2 to the retail version, then that's a fair statement. Although I find it pretty hard to compare the two because of the limited match times you got with the demos.

Seeing as we don't have one, this can be the PES 2013 complaints thread. I'll edit the title now.
✅ 🐦 💟

Cashis
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Chesterfield

Re: The ONE and ONLY PES 2013 Complaints Thread

Post by Cashis » 5 years ago

Why on earth they thought putting the stumble animation back in was a good idea I'll never know.

They've successfully ruined Master League Online which is a shame as it was a really promising mode.

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub

Yeah that stumble animation is pretty stupid. The first 'next-gen' game i played after selling my PS2 was PES 2012, and this stumbling thing made no sense, i preferred the collision thing on PS2 where fast defenders could prevent attackers from getting away but couldn't win the ball easily, whereas stronger defenders could easily push faster players of the ball, but within range. They couldn't catch them if they got away. Plus when players came together there was a tussle for the ball, now it is just players apparently tripping over each other

david77
Beginner
Beginner

Post by david77 » 5 years ago

My biggest complaint is the lack of league mode. I loved getting the game all patched up to Premier League standard (I'd even put the premier league entrance music in and all the club chants). I decided to buy FIFA and although it doesn't have the soul that PES has cosmetically it's light years ahead.

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub

Are those guys at Konami sure that they are listening to their fans? Giving the fans what they want? Not sure which fans they've been talking to, but it appears PES is becoming increasing difficult to enjoy

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

heerenveen123 wrote:Are those guys at Konami sure that they are listening to their fans? Giving the fans what they want? Not sure which fans they've been talking to, but it appears PES is becoming increasing difficult to enjoy
I think you're being a little harsh on Konami there. Sure they've made some mistakes, but with PES 2013, they've given us a good game with quality gameplay. I haven't seen such praise for PES since the glory days of PS2!

There's room for improvement, but with the new engine next year, the possibilities are endless.
Join me in the Football Forum!

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

Seabass wrote:There's room for improvement, but with the new engine next year, the possibilities are endless.
Very true, but it must also be noted that the possibilities for problems are endless too, something Konami don't have a very good record with when it comes to PES. It's a big one next year though, all sequels of the generation will be built from this game so if things aren't right with it such as full 360 movement control then we're pretty much buggered. I have huge hope for this game though. Note the use of the word 'hope' rather than 'expectation'.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

You're right, Tiger. Big difference between hope and expect. Long way to go but I'm positive they will deliver.

Don't really want to think about 2014 yet though - aaaages away!! :great:

Gods own sniper
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Gods own sniper » 5 years ago

Just a quick one before bed, I've been watching football for 36 years and I can honestly say I've never seen a player kick off and take a full team of opposition players on and the score. I have witnessed this twice on one night while playing pes 2013. For me pes has always prided itself on being the true football fans game (bar 2012 which was comical), I really hope things improve or yet again I look like being a very frustrated pes customer!

Furiouzly
Beginner
Beginner
Supports: Liverpool FC

Post by Furiouzly » 5 years ago

The only complaint I have about the game is that you can't do a classic Masters League (offline), I HATE everyone having black boots on =(.

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub

Okay maybe that was a bit harsh, but it just seems like the problems are quite obvious and there appears to be little reasoning behind the removal/addition of certain features. PES 2013 is better, i can't deny that. But it still takes some effort to enjoy, it seems like everything i do will always be read by the AI so there is little point trying sometimes.

PES (since PES 6) on PS2 was, very, very playable and it was a game that you could play how YOU wanted to play. It seemed you determined what would happen (when you were in possesion). PES 2013 seems to still have that thing from PES 2012 where players will either over-hit or under-hit a pass. Or the player receiving the ball will not react. It irritates me because i am making it happen with the controller, yet the game won't respond, like the game is thinking 'oh no wait, you're playing to good. Looks like you're going to have to concede a goal now'. It's a little patronising.

I play BAL because at least there is more freedom for me to do what i want. I just don't get how it all went so wrong when they moved up to next-gen. As many good points as there are, there is an equal amount of negatives. This is only my opinion, maybe i'm not used to how next-gen games work. Maybe it's cause i still think the PS2 generation was better :D

EDIT: I say all this, yet i know no matter what, i will buy PES 2014. Even if there is still gonna be an apocalypse or whatever :)

12DAYSOFCANTONA
Warming Up
Warming Up
Supports: 1 TEAM UNITED

Post by 12DAYSOFCANTONA » 5 years ago

Furiouzly wrote:The only complaint I have about the game is that you can't do a classic Masters League (offline), I HATE everyone having black boots on =(.
Yep the black boots/unlocking boots thing is silly.

Also the can't score unless the game wants you too (hit the wood work 20 times per match), and your defenders go loopy and let the other team score thing is annoying (esp' after 30mins extra time) but not new. As well as their defenders grabbing your shirt for 15 metres and no free kick.

And the whole update freezing shenanigans, and I don't like games that require online passes.

Never played community or leagues much but some ppl want that back.

And again the license thing, but we expect that.

Positives are the gameplay is much better, some draw backs listed above but I like it mostly. And the graphics are sick, I mean at times I can't tell if it's a game or a real match.

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub

Yeah the graphics are brilliant. A couple of my house mates play FIFA and when i said i play PES they were 'naaa, it's not that good' Then when they saw me playing it they said (they were being serious) 'is this a live match, who's playing?' :D