📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Question on importing 2012 data to make "Fun/Special" Teams

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Question on importing 2012 data to make "Fun/Special" Teams

Post by Shales » 6 years ago

Apologies for creating a new thread and apologies if this has already been answered in previous posts elsewhere.

Now that a "stable" DP2 has arrived i'd like to import my 2012 data to create my Fun/Teams in 2013.

My plan is to import all data and create the teams in the Pes League for now. Once done, I am going to move my teams to the Cloud or USB storage until V3 has been released. Once V3 is released I am going to import my teams and save them over which ever teams I am not too fussed about.

My concern is that during the creation stage in 2013, my custom players will be 1-11 in the "created PLayers" list for example. I'll then export the teams to storage and then import after V3. Once I import, will my players then overwrite the players that have been created in v3 in "Created Players" 1-11, or do my custom players have their own locate?

What I don't want to happen is I overwrite players that play for other teams.

Does this method work?

Thanks guy, hope this makes sense.

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Re: Question on importing 2012 data to make "Fun/Special" Te

Post by BunglesFinger » 6 years ago

Sorry I can't really help, but I would really like to know the answer too. It was only a couple of days ago when I first used the import/export feature. I was thinking I can experiment first then just don't save the edit data if I think I've gimped things up.
I'm sure there'll be a way of sorting things out how you want.

Shales

Perhaps we might get an answer after V3 is out. The guys are no doubt full time working on the v3 release.

I was also wondering about the different versions of v3. For me I'd like the Champsionship and the MLS. If there isn't a single file containing that mix I wonder if I could first download the file with the MLS and then export to usb/cloud. Then do the same with the Championship file.

Or even download all the different files export the team I want and them import them into a "superleague" type thing containing all the best teams from v3. But then I need to know if that is possible regarding my original post.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 6 years ago

Shales wrote:My concern is that during the creation stage in 2013, my custom players will be 1-11 in the "created PLayers" list for example. I'll then export the teams to storage and then import after V3. Once I import, will my players then overwrite the players that have been created in v3 in "Created Players" 1-11, or do my custom players have their own locate?

What I don't want to happen is I overwrite players that play for other teams.

Does this method work?
Yes, the method works fine.

If you have space in the Created Player section, the imported players will be added to the list. They will only overwrite existing players if you don't have enough space for the 16 (for example) new players in the Created Players section.

The only problem of importing from PES 2012, even with the 'fixed' Data Pack 2, there still may be freezing problems. I believe this is still a problem because our V2 file occasionally causes the game to crash still.

If you run into problems, there's a problem with importing because of players' boots. So maybe it's worth going onto PES 2012 and resetting all players' (not everyone, just the players you want to import) boots to their default value - no Nike, no Adidas, just use those plain black kangaroo leather ones - that should do the trick.
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales

Thanks for the reply pal

I was going to load up pes 2012 first and then default all the boots from the players I want to keep. So hopefully when I import 2012 data my players will be fine which i'll then export once I have created the team. I'll wait for v3 and then import over a selected team.

I am guessing though that all the created player slots will be used up in v3?? As this is where all the championship/MLS players will be created? Will my players that I import just overwrite the players/team that I replace, or will they overwrite other players that were created in the same "created player" slot?

Apologies if this doesn't make sense. I am probably real bad at explaining it.

Thanks for your help bud.

Shales

I just answered my own question :) I'd just delete all the players from the team I am going to overwrite first before importing my team. I won't have to worry about the space issue then.

Duh... : )

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 6 years ago

Can't be sure about V3 as I haven't seen the final version yet, but there should be enough space for more created players.

I'll let you know once I get the beta file.
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales

Cheers, appreciate it.