Unable to copy file to console

Post Reply
pesplayer
Warming Up
Warming Up
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 7, 2013

Unable to copy file to console

Post by pesplayer » 4 years ago

i need help with the latest optionsfile for Xbox360. i download the file, doing step by step like the tutorial-video said but i configurate the usb-stick with xbox...connect the stick with my laptop but found that there are 4 files in the xobox hidden folder (data0001, data0001, data0002, data0003) instead of 3. But then I tried to copy and paste the data0001 and data0002 to the folder and reconnect to xbox console, the box shows me only theres a usb-storage and ask me to configure again....could you kindly help me on this? thanks



User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1771
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Unable to copy file to console

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

pesplayer wrote:i need help with the latest optionsfile for Xbox360. i download the file, doing step by step like the tutorial-video said but i configurate the usb-stick with xbox...connect the stick with my laptop but found that there are 4 files in the xobox hidden folder (data0001, data0001, data0002, data0003) instead of 3. But then I tried to copy and paste the data0001 and data0002 to the folder and reconnect to xbox console, the box shows me only theres a usb-storage and ask me to configure again....could you kindly help me on this? thanks
If you are super confident that you've followed everything correctly, try using another USB stick. I have two at home that I use. One of them works fine every time and the other one is hit n miss. Sometimes when I use the "Knackered" one, it says I need to re-configure it when I plug it back into the 360.

If you only have 1 USB, keep trying the process from the begining again.

It might work. Worth a shot.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
Mike
Founder
Founder
Posts: 4351
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Supports: The Arsenal
Location: OPE HQ
Contact:

Re: Unable to copy file to console

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

pesplayer - you shouldn't be seeing Data0003.

Remember you must customize the USB to 512mb. Configuring the USB won't help you.
✅ 🐦 💟

User avatar
Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Mar 9, 2012
Supports: OPE
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Unable to copy file to console

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

My old (and I mean ancient ;) ) USB didn't work so I used another one and it worked perfectly. My 360 still said it's not perfectly compatible but there were no problems at all. Not sure why Bill Gates bothers sometimes. :D
Join me in the Football Forum!

pesplayer
Warming Up
Warming Up
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 7, 2013

Re: Unable to copy file to console

Post by pesplayer » 4 years ago

Thanks guys, finally it works after configuring to 512M and starting all over again. But pity that I have only 4G console, is there any chance there will be option file released for 4G console in future? :P

User avatar
Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Mar 9, 2012
Supports: OPE
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Unable to copy file to console

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

pesplayer wrote:Thanks guys, finally it works after configuring to 512M and starting all over again. But pity that I have only 4G console, is there any chance there will be option file released for 4G console in future? :P
I don't think there's a way for option files to work on x360 hard drives less than 20gb. :|

I think the problem lies with Microsoft, not Konami.
Join me in the Football Forum!

capriborn
Warming Up
Warming Up
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013

Re: Unable to copy file to console

Post by capriborn » 4 years ago

Sorry to bring this thread back up but i am having the same issues and have been pulling my hair out for the last hour trying to make it work. 'customize the USB to 512mb' i really do not get. Is that done on the PC or the 360. I just can't get the files i put on the USB to appear on the Xbox to be able to transfer them to the hard drive.

Thanks,

Ben

User avatar
Mike
Founder
Founder
Posts: 4351
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Supports: The Arsenal
Location: OPE HQ
Contact:

Re: Unable to copy file to console

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

capriborn wrote:Sorry to bring this thread back up but i am having the same issues and have been pulling my hair out for the last hour trying to make it work. 'customize the USB to 512mb' i really do not get. Is that done on the PC or the 360. I just can't get the files i put on the USB to appear on the Xbox to be able to transfer them to the hard drive.

Thanks,

Ben
Turn on your Xbox 360 and insert your USB into your console. Then scroll across to the Settings tab, select System and then Storage. Hover over your USB and press Y to load Device Options. Then hit Remove Xbox 360 Storage. Once you've done this, go on to the USB again and customise (not configure) the USB to 512mb.
✅ 🐦 💟

capriborn
Warming Up
Warming Up
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013

Re: Unable to copy file to console

Post by capriborn » 4 years ago

Ok so with out wanting to sound completely stupid I have done that part. Inserted the USB into the PC and then copied the files over but when I put it back into the Xbox I can't get the files to appear so I can transfer them to the hard drive. When I select the USB in the Xbox it just gives me the different default items, profiles, demos etc. can't find the files I have put on it anywhere :-(

User avatar
Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Mar 9, 2012
Supports: OPE
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Unable to copy file to console

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

capriborn : have you followed the video tutorial?

[youtube]xb7ptfxWJjk[/youtube]
Join me in the Football Forum!

capriborn
Warming Up
Warming Up
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013

Re: Unable to copy file to console

Post by capriborn » 4 years ago

Seabass wrote:capriborn : have you followed the video tutorial?

[youtube]xb7ptfxWJjk[/youtube]
I have now and it works. I don't have the show hidden folders option on, on my PC. such a great Optipn file. You guys much have spent so much time and effort on it but thank you :-)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests