PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Re: PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

P.S Mike, it's time to open the Pes2014 forum me thinks...

Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

It's a bit lonely on the 2014 forum. :oops:

[tumble-weed blows past...]

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:P.S Mike, it's time to open the Pes2014 forum me thinks...
It's already open, isn't it? I mean, you're posting in it right now! :great:
✅ 🐦 💟

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

onlyproevo wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:P.S Mike, it's time to open the Pes2014 forum me thinks...
It's already open, isn't it? I mean, you're posting in it right now! :great:
Less of your cheek, don't give me that, you've just enabled the 'New Topic' button, I'm not that daft! :-)

Mike
Founder
Founder

;)

So, what did you think of Edge Mag's new engine reveal?

Your earlier post suggested that you were entirely disappointed with the feature? Did any of the words impress you, if so, which ones? Let's resurrect this ghost-town and get the PES 2014 forum up and running. 8-)
✅ 🐦 💟

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

onlyproevo wrote:;)

So, what did you think of Edge Mag's new engine reveal?

Your earlier post suggested that you were entirely disappointed with the feature? Did any of the words impress you, if so, which ones? Let's resurrect this ghost-town and get the PES 2014 forum up and running. 8-)
I haven't been able to read the Edge article, I've just read a few snippets here and there from certain sites so can't really comment on the whole. I'm assuming the comment you're referring to was "In the short term, the team will use Fox Engine to shape Pro Evo for current-gen consoles". I'm just absolutely sick of using archaic technology which the xbox360 now is. It now looks like I'm going to have to wait until 2015 until I can play the game that doesn't look really old. The games look shocking when I compare them to my PC, may as well get my spectrum out! :(

Mike
Founder
Founder

Are you worried about graphics? Do you think this looks bad?

Moving to another topic, and I'm not sure if you've seen it, but an unnamed member of Konami has said "the problem is, it took us too long to admit we were going wrong". After the re-shuffle, with Seabass going out and Kei Masuda coming in, it's clear that Konami have settled after finding a new direction.

Now I'm not going to say that Edge's feature filled me with utter confidence (it's way too early for that!!), but it's refreshing, every time I hear it, that Konami have moved on to a new engine for PES 2014 and beyond. I remember even Jon Murphy has said the PES Team desperately needed a new engine - and now they've got that, the motivation is back and an endless pit of new challenges can be explored (the Edge feature mentions this).

I'm not going to get ahead of myself and I'm certainly not going to praise an engine that I haven't even seen yet, but I'm sure the majority will agree that the future for PES looks promising, based on what we've seen and read so far.

Edit: Also, for you iPhone, iPad, iOS, Android and Kindle folk, if you haven't read the Edge feature, you can grab a free subscription and read the entire article (spread over 8 pages ;)) right now: http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/2013/0 ... ption.html
✅ 🐦 💟

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

Hey guys, long time no speak!! Been very busy with work, also had a holiday to Spain on first week of the month which was good. No wifi at hotel though so couldn't get on here, so missed everything on Twitter as well.

Quite impressed with the new engine so far from what I've read on Edge. I know it's probably annoying for Konami to read this, but I've already switched my focus onto the PES 2014 announcement, the game itself. Still, engine looks great, sure it will work well too as well as looking nice. ;)

TheGodMC
Squad Player
Squad Player
Supports: Liverpool FC

Post by TheGodMC » 5 years ago

I'm sitting on the fence right now, I think this next PES title will decide a lot, for good or bad, if it all comes together how we would all like I'm sure EA will have a job on their hands.

More serious competition will help both titles.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

TheGodMC wrote:More serious competition will help both titles.
I've always thought this too. Back when we had This Is Football (almost better than Pro Evo), it was great because there was so much competition, all games had to perform to their best.

I still love PES but I'd like to see a third football game come out every year.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

OPE is planning a special Q&A with a secret interviewee...
Planning a Q&A with a certain someone who flew out to Tokyo and spent two days looking at the new PES engine. We want you to send us your Qs

If you've read the recent features by OPM UK and Edge Magazine, and have any follow-up questions, please send them to us. No silly Qs please

Silly questions include asking about Online Play, MLO changes, Master League improvements, new league / team licenses and Edit Mode.
Probably best to start thinking of questions, guys. :great:
Join me in the Football Forum!

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

Seabass wrote:OPE is planning a special Q&A with a secret interviewee...
Planning a Q&A with a certain someone who flew out to Tokyo and spent two days looking at the new PES engine. We want you to send us your Qs

If you've read the recent features by OPM UK and Edge Magazine, and have any follow-up questions, please send them to us. No silly Qs please

Silly questions include asking about Online Play, MLO changes, Master League improvements, new league / team licenses and Edit Mode.
Probably best to start thinking of questions, guys. :great:
So when can we start asking about Online Play, MLO changes, Master League improvements, new league / team licenses and Edit Mode?
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

There's one question I'm especially pondering on, but can't quite make it into a coherent thought, so if you guys would like to chip in and help me finding an easy way to ask this:

Will the new engine and it's changes to the gameplay make it possible to get player stats done in some other way? I mean currently they don't really work for the lower end teams. "Bad players" are portrayed as clumsy and slow with really weak shots so that they won't dominate the field. However we all know that even us ourselves could play better football than what the football games make of the weaker players right now.

But when they try to portray a semi-good player who's fast, uses tricks and can even shoot, but yet lacks something in real life, they go wrong somewhere. For example let's say Gabriel Agbonlahor. He's usually very good in the football games, you can pretty much do anything with him in the game, but we all know that doesn't happen in real life. But how to fix this?

Another example could be let's say Malaga. Most of their players aren't that good individually, but as a team they play very fluid football. They are fast and fancy with their passing, however in football games they have to be portrayed individually as they are, not top-notch players. So they can't get stats that would make them too fast or fancy really.

There's that some mental factor and just the plain consistency that some players have that can't be factored into the current footballing games properly. I wouldn't want some kind of a chemistry factor to be brought in at the team level, I don't think that would be good in the long run. While acknowledging that any major changes might not be due to this version, but are there even any minor ones?
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Mike
Founder
Founder

Shales wrote:So when can we start asking about Online Play, MLO changes, Master League improvements, new league / team licenses and Edit Mode?
Konami are keeping these particular cards very close to their chest at the moment. Right now, it's all about the new engine.

They haven't even (officially) announced PES 2014 yet, so I can only assume we're still a number of months away from finding out about MLO, Edit Mode, Online Play and everything else.
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

onlyproevo wrote:
Shales wrote:So when can we start asking about Online Play, MLO changes, Master League improvements, new league / team licenses and Edit Mode?
Konami are keeping these particular cards very close to their chest at the moment. Right now, it's all about the new engine.

They haven't even (officially) announced PES 2014 yet, so I can only assume we're still a number of months away from finding out about MLO, Edit Mode, Online Play and everything else.
Ok, thanks OPE.

I hope "we" get the chance for plenty of input regarding edit and game modes. I only signed up to this forum since I got 2013 so don't know the OPE history with input etc. in the past, have you been able to put forward ideas on behalf of the fans? And how do they react to your input?

Cheers
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA