PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

Shales wrote:I hope "we" get the chance for plenty of input regarding edit and game modes. I only signed up to this forum since I got 2013 so don't know the OPE history with input etc. in the past, have you been able to put forward ideas on behalf of the fans? And how do they react to your input?
We have always had a feedback and suggestions section, and of course, Konami will continue to appreciate the feedback and suggestions they receive from these forums on a regular basis.

Although I have to admit, with the new engine coming into play, I'm not really sure how things are going to work this year. At this moment in time, I (like everyone else reading this) are completely unaware of how far this engine can go and what it can do for PES.

Obviously, we can all work together and send our thoughts to Konami, however, I think it's worth noting that, given the fact some suggestions have been echoed every single year (more emblem slots for example), I'm confident the PES Team already know what to do - in certain cases anyway.

Do you understand where I'm coming from?

✅ 🐦 💟

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

Yeah I totally understand. The important thing is for them to almost work with the OF creators and make it so easy for editing to made. They must absolutely love the work done by the various OF creators. It almost doesn't matter about the licensing if "homemade" OFs can be created. The emblem and custom league slots are just the start. Just make loads available surely?

Just how good would it be to have the full English leagues in the game.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

nikolapfc89
Reserve
Reserve
Supports: Partizan Beograd

Post by nikolapfc89 » 5 years ago

Really excited about totaly new engine.
I dont expect "perfect" Pes,but some good - yes.
We all hope,that new era of pes,will be finally like old PS2 days :)
PES 2014 Waiting for Kojima!
PES 2013 Could be better,but also could be worse :)
PES 6 Shollym patch - more than game!

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

onlyproevo wrote:Are you worried about graphics? Do you think this looks bad?

[ Image ]
What's that picture got to do with anything? You think that when the game gets released if you compare that picture with the ones in the game the quality will be the same? They'll have used top range PC's to do that, you think the prehistoric PS3 or xbox is capable of that? It's similar to when they release screenshots of games that have been edited to make it them look more detailed, defined and smooth than the released product is. I have a gripe with it as it's basically a lie.

Anyway, to answer your question, no I don't think it looks bad, it's just pretty irrelevant that's all. ;)
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

Shales wrote:The important thing is for them to almost work with the OF creators and make it so easy for editing to made. They must absolutely love the work done by the various OF creators.
Totally agree with you. They just need to ask Mike, Daymos and 7oy for input and do what they say. I still don't know how someone hasn't been sacked for saying "okay, yeah, 51 emblem slots will be fine". :lol:
tigerwalms wrote:What's that picture got to do with anything? You think that when the game gets released if you compare that picture with the ones in the game the quality will be the same? They'll have used top range PC's to do that, you think the prehistoric PS3 or xbox is capable of that? It's similar to when they release screenshots of games that have been edited to make it them look more detailed, defined and smooth than the released product is. I have a gripe with it as it's basically a lie.
Maybe not, but I think the fact that Konami have said the engine will allow a smooth transition to next-gen, suggests that PES 2014 graphics, even on Xbox 360 and PS3, will still be very very good.

Even if it's a screenshot for high-end PCs and PS4/Xbox 720, I don't really mind as graphics isn't the reason why we play football games. ;)
Join me in the Football Forum!

nikolapfc89
Reserve
Reserve
Supports: Partizan Beograd

Post by nikolapfc89 » 5 years ago

Totally agree with you. They just need to ask Mike, Daymos and 7oy for input and do what they say. I still don't know how someone hasn't been sacked for saying "okay, yeah, 51 emblem slots will be fine".
+1 I really dont get it,they know how huge and awesome community is,especially edit section!
PC,360 and Ps3 really is huge for that. :)
I cant even imagine pes,without tweaks,edits etc,its part of my culture and game :D
PES 2014 Waiting for Kojima!
PES 2013 Could be better,but also could be worse :)
PES 6 Shollym patch - more than game!

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

Adam Bhatti's tweets from today...
Building a team through money for instant success [1], or building a foundation for lasting domination? [2]

When building that foundation, there is always a time of uncertainty. But, the reward of patience is almost upon us. Time to dominate [3] ;)
[1] Talking about FIFA?
[2] The future of PES?
[3] Possible PES 2014 and/or new engine announcement coming soon?

Really exciting when you think about the months ahead, although for now it's really only words and promises from someone who works for Konami. Obvious he's going to big the game up and even more so now that he works for Konami. Will never forget how he was adamant that PES 2008 was a amazing game .... and look how that turned out!!! (hmm) (crazy)

Sorry to burst the bubbles but I'm not getting my hopes up yet. To be honest he's got alot to do to get my trust back..... and I know a lot of other people that agree with me here. :oops:

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Post by Rage06 » 5 years ago

Their will always be these situations where smaller companies go against HUGE corps.
An example: In the world of mobile phones, Samsung and Apple reign as they have an abundance of money. So much that they can do what every they like. And then You've got this amazing company called HTC.
They make better products (build quality, software and looks) but they go unnoticed? I'd say the same thing about Konami during the PS2 days, everyone knew they had the best game, and yet they sold less than FIFA. Why? Marketing.
HTC Are going all out with their new phone 'HTC One' and you can see it's working, people are recognizing it as the best phone to come out in a loong time. So this is what Konami have to do with PES2014 (and beyond), advertise it and get it out their so it's in peoples faces all the time. Get the buzz going around the press, show them why PES is the game to go for.

The old is gone. Say hello to the future, Konami will regain that reputation and hopefully get back into everyones heart. PES2014 will help the tides turn.

Be positive :)

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Seabass wrote:Maybe not, but I think the fact that Konami have said the engine will allow a smooth transition to next-gen, suggests that PES 2014 graphics, even on Xbox 360 and PS3, will still be very very good.

Even if it's a screenshot for high-end PCs and PS4/Xbox 720, I don't really mind as graphics isn't the reason why we play football games. ;)
The graphics are all part of the immersion of the game and have a huge impact for me. As is often said it's not all about graphics, which is correct, but on the same note it is not all about gameplay either.

For arguments sake, if they released a football engine that played perfectly but all the characters were stick men, it would be rubbish.

My point is that the two aren't mutually exclusive, one doesn't come at the cost of the other, they complement each other. Konami have shared this "I don't really mind" attitude as well, which has got them where they are today - miles off the pace. Unfortunately we already know that the graphics will be substandard because of the archaic technology used in the xbox and PS3, there's not much Konami can do about that unfortunately. However I don't think they are planning a next gen release this year either. I bet you anything another company will be releasing their football game on the next gen console almost immediately. That's called staying ahead of the competition.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Pete Evo wrote:Adam Bhatti's tweets from today...
Building a team through money for instant success [1], or building a foundation for lasting domination? [2]

When building that foundation, there is always a time of uncertainty. But, the reward of patience is almost upon us. Time to dominate [3] ;)
[1] Talking about FIFA?
[2] The future of PES?
[3] Possible PES 2014 and/or new engine announcement coming soon?
I would advise Adam to keep his trap shut when it comes to this as it just comes back to bite you on the arse. It would be classier to just concentrate on your own game, and certainly not slag off the opposition as he has done in point 1. How dare they use large budgets and resources to create their games. :roll:

I await this PES2014 which is going to "reward my patience" and "dominate".

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Shales wrote:...
And what the hell is going on in your avatar?! :shock: :-D

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:I would advise Adam to keep his trap shut when it comes to this as it just comes back to bite you on the arse. It would be classier to just concentrate on your own game, and certainly not slag off the opposition as he has done in point 1. How dare they use large budgets and resources to create their games.

I await this PES2014 which is going to "reward my patience" and "dominate".
I'm in the same boat as you. Obviously, I understand why he's building excitement, but he's always gone too far in the past. Every year, he plays the early versions, but then says he's done with it by September or October. I'm not saying I disrespect the guy, quite the opposite actually, but I sometimes think his opinion isn't really worth reading. :oops:

.......... but obviously, we'll all have to wait until PES 2014 is out before we make the most important opinion of all: OUR OWN OPINION! ;)
tigerwalms wrote:And what the hell is going on in your avatar?!
I will say the same thing to you!! (wave)

:great:

Mike
Founder
Founder

Massive words coming from Kei Masuda today.

In an exclusive Q&A session posted on the PES 2013 official website, Kei Masuda has reassured PES fans the future of the series is in good hands.

The PES producer claims the series' new engine will allow "massive improvements" to be made thanks to "very powerful" new technology.

Interestingly, Kei Masuda has also said new physics and improved AI models will allow Konami to take PES "much further than any other sports title".

Read the full interview below.
Q: You’ve started talking about the new PES engine, can you explain the origins of development and how PES will develop?

A: As you may have read, the graphics engine is a result of our collaboration with Kojima Productions and uses elements of Fox engine. However, we’re making a very different product and so the PES Productions team had to come up with major new physics and AI models. Each of these areas are massive improvements for the series and will take us much further than any other sports title.

Q: How will PES 2014 benefit from the new engine?

A: We’ll go into specific product details shortly. The future of PES is very exciting. However, contrary to what you might have read on the internet, we have said nothing about PES2014. You should also know we haven’t said anything at all about the next generation of console platforms. As I said, both topics will be covered shortly so please keep an eye on official announcements.

Q: If you haven’t announced PES 2014 yet or talked about next gen platforms, where have the current crop of materials come from?

A: Everything we've demonstrated up until now is based on current gen technology using the new PES engine. We really believe it’s important to deliver an amazing experience on machines that most of our fans own. We will not be faking materials. This is what PES really will deliver and it’s so much more than just a better graphical experience.

Q: What about new formats, not just next gen consoles. Are the PES Productions team working on future plans?

A: The new engine has been developed to be used across whichever platforms we choose. Obviously we’ll be listening to which devices our fans want to use, but rest assured the new engine is extremely flexible and very powerful.
http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/2013/0 ... ments.html

tigerwalms - I'm sure you'll find the answer to Q3 quite interesting... ;)

✅ 🐦 💟

Shales

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

One thing i'd really like to see in 2014 is new re-generated players for Master League and BAL. When a 36yr old Thierry Henry retires, don't just bring a 16yr old version of him back in, bring in a fresh "randomised" player. Like they do in Football Manager. It would keep the game so fresh and more exciting as the seasons go on.

I know there has to be limit on how many players the game can hold which is fair enough. Nut if 20 players retire at the end of a season, then re-gen 20 new players that slot into various teams.

We are talking Next Gen consoles and tech now. I don't see why this can't be done for ps4/xbox720.

This is something i've thought about for years. It works so well for Football Manger.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder

Speaking of which, I'd personally like to see more in-depth squads so there's less urgency for regens.

If you look at the default Arsenal squad, post-DP4, you'll see zero youths players. If the squad was doubled to include Yennaris, Afobe, Henderson, Miquel, Martinez, Kristoffer Olsen and the rest. Just look at the NextGen squads if you're stuck for names.

I'm not expecting the database to be as large as Football Manager's DB, but I'm definitely going to push for squads to be more in-depth.

If possible, I'd also like to see player, line-up and squads updates on a more regular basis. Maybe a weekly squads update pack? And preferably, while I'm on the subject, these updates would be in-game updates, rather than what we have now with the Data Packs system.

Obviously, I'm not sure if all this will be possible, however, there's no harm in posting my hopes ahead of such an exciting new engine. ;)
✅ 🐦 💟