📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Re: PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

onlyproevo wrote:Speaking of which, I still think we're a little while off the game's official announcement, and although some other websites won't like me posting this, I think it's still too early for Konami to spill the beans.
What do you mean by that, why do you think it's too early? I presume it isn't the case but I've read that as if you've seen it yourself and don't think it's in a fit state to show anybody?

Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

I think he means that it's too early, because Konami might not yet be quite sure what they can do with the new engine, or what they can do in such a sort time so that they won't build up too much hype? I mean Jon Murphy only even saw the engine this month. Plus they might be battling over whether or not design it for the current generation of consoles or bet on the next generation being released this year?
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:
onlyproevo wrote:Speaking of which, I still think we're a little while off the game's official announcement, and although some other websites won't like me posting this, I think it's still too early for Konami to spill the beans.
What do you mean by that, why do you think it's too early? I presume it isn't the case but I've read that as if you've seen it yourself and don't think it's in a fit state to show anybody?
I haven't seen it myself, so please don't get the wrong idea. ;)

I'm just making sure that everyone doesn't spend the next couple of months demanding for Konami to make the announcement. If I had to guess, I reckon PES 2014 will be announced in April.
✅ 🐦 💟

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

JCFast wrote:Plus they might be battling over whether or not design it for the current generation of consoles or bet on the next generation being released this year?
There's absolutely no chance that it won't be released for the current consoles, this is where the user-base is and where they'll make their money. There will only be a very small user-base for the next gen consoles this year which is why I can't see next gen versions until Nov 2014 unfortunately.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

onlyproevo wrote:I haven't seen it myself, so please don't get the wrong idea. ;)
Why are you winking then, that suggests you HAVE seen it?! Tease. :P

Mike
Founder
Founder

tigerwalms wrote:
onlyproevo wrote:I haven't seen it myself, so please don't get the wrong idea. ;)
Why are you winking then, that suggests you HAVE seen it?! Tease. :P
I wish that was true!

I guess Jon Murphy forgot to put me on the flight to LA last week.
✅ 🐦 💟

dubcity
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Watford

Post by dubcity » 5 years ago

So, I pretty much google "pes 2014" on a daily basis, looking for whatever speculation/rumors I can find. Recently I found this on a Portuguese website.

via google translate:
The exclusivity of league football, with Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo can be the biggest asset of the game Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) for the 2014 edition against rival FIFA 14 by EA Sports producer, rumored to specialized sites. Responsible for development of PES, Konami producer intends to invest heavily to come to terms with the LFP (Liga Nacional de Fútbol Profesional), the entity that organizes the first (Liga BBVA) and the second division (Liga Adelante) of professional football in Spain.

According to information, the agreement with Konami LFP may amount to a period of three to four years of usage rights on the uniforms, shields and official names of elite athletes from clubs in Spain. The initiative Konami would be to respond to the influence of competitor EA Sports on the Premier League (Premier League) and the German league (Bundesliga), while trying to keep the national championships of England and Germany as the exclusive FIFA game.

The war between the licensing games PES and FIFA have also caused damage to the EA Sports producer since the last edition of the FIFA franchise was without the right to use the stadium of Barcelona.The official Barça stadium is named Camp Nou, but appeared in FIFA 13 with the name of El Libertador, as reported by the website Pro Evolution Soccer Brazil.

Konami has not made ​​any official confirmation about PES 2014, but there are several speculations that the franchise also has the exclusive rights of the Brazilian Championship.
Hmm ...

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

Even though the Bundesliga and Premier League are both massive leagues, it would be nice if the greedy bastards at EA were given some of their own medicine.

Two wrongs don't usually make a right but in this case, I think it does ;)
Join me in the Football Forum!

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

details on the engine's "photorealistic graphics"
Oh dear, they've done it now! I'm expecting it to look astounding now. Well, I would have if I wasn't so cynical and had heard this chest-beating nonsense before. However, with statements like that you have to assume that it is on next generation hardware. Fingers crossed, and roll on next Thursday. (y)

Mike
Founder
Founder

tigerwalms wrote:
details on the engine's "photorealistic graphics"
Oh dear, they've done it now! I'm expecting it to look astounding now. Well, I would have if I wasn't so cynical and had heard this chest-beating nonsense before. However, with statements like that you have to assume that it is on next generation hardware. Fingers crossed, and roll on next Thursday. (y)
Just to confirm, Edge said this, not Konami. However, I do agree with you, I'm expecting the graphics to be superb. :-)
✅ 🐦 💟

Walram3
Beginner
Beginner
Supports: MVV Maastricht

Post by Walram3 » 5 years ago

I just hope there are more option in the Edit mode,
like more faces to chose from, like in the earlier editions.
Also, what realy annoys me in the 2013 version is,
not having the option to play competitions without having to play ML and stuff.
Another feature I would love to see is tattoos in Edit mode, since all players nowadays have sleeves and stuff haha.
And maybe the option to have customised chants to make it realistic, and also customise flags and banners,
because most don't make sense. Especialy when you create a stadium and choose the fences with banners on them.
All of them say ''football is the beautiful game"... I mean, wtf?
Hope Konami is reading this haha
I wouldn't bother following me on twitter if I was you,
I'm pretty boring actualy

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

I guess OPE will soon open up a 2014 suggestions thread. There is quite a bit i'd like to suggest.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

DP4 is nice, boots are really cool especially the Purple Nike text ones. ;)

Also seen that Adam of WENB has been appointed Euro Community Manager for PES. Not sure I'm convinced. Always thought he was pretty stubborn and was always up for slagging people off if they didn't agree with him. :/

Hope it's a good move by Konami but we'll have to see. What does everyone else think about it?
Join me in the Football Forum!

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

3 days to go... :-)

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

"In the short term, the team will use Fox Engine to shape Pro Evo for current-gen consoles"

Dammit. (n)