📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:In case anyone was still in doubt what an embarrassing lot the PES team are, have a look at this.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... =3&theater
That is kind of on par with that internet news site who used "H" from Steps as the photo of Ian Watkins from The Lost Prophets.

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

The OfficialPES social team have never been great but this is really quite special from them. Clearly English isn't their strongest language, so why can't Konami see sense and employ a diehard fan / social media guru from the UK?

Hell, even I'd throw my name into the hat if they wanted me to! ;)
Join me in the Football Forum!

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

Seabass wrote:The OfficialPES social team have never been great but this is really quite special from them. Clearly English isn't their strongest language, so why can't Konami see sense and employ a diehard fan / social media guru from the UK?

Hell, even I'd throw my name into the hat if they wanted me to! ;)
Get to the back of the queue Seabass, it's me they need to sort out this circus. ;)
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 5 years ago

Amateur doesn't even come close. I mean on Twitter they wished Xabi Alonso a happy birthday, but didn't even manage to properly mention him in the tweet using the at symbol.

In the build up all they need to do is release a few player ratings and likenesses from the game. Imagine the shitfit arguments from just tweeting Messi and Ronaldo's overall ratings that some people would have...all easy exposure for the game. I seem to remember Wilshere commenting on his FIFA rating this year too. Or even if they tweeted pictures of a bunch of the really good likenesses out to the respective players. If say Alonso retweeted his, that's 6 million football fans you've reached.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 5 years ago

Well I took the plunge the other day and bought FIFA 14 for my PS3.. (£24 from Game, cheap enough that I will give it a go!).. I kind of get why people enjoy it so much.. Its a bit frustrating playing it really up to a point for someone so used to PES.. I keep trying to play it like it is PES and its not working for me at all.

I know people complain about the on rails running but sometimes that is a benefit, especially when you are so used to it, feels weird now not to have that occur at times.. Same as the tricks and skills.. While FIFA has masses more of tricks and the such like, the auto-feint thing in PES 2014 works so much better in my opinion.. Skills being pulled off that fit the situation rather than the normal tricks feels a bit more organic to me...

I guess I just need a bit more time to adjust to it, its good but there's something missing for me at the moment.. Ultimate Team and online play are rock solid which is a joy to behold and really does show what Konami should be aiming for.. Ultimate Team especially.. Starting with a random selection of players ranging from 65-75 is absolutely awesome and allows you to have a unique team from the start.. The packs are a great idea and mean most teams are different early on until people can start purchasing the top players from the transfer market.. Thats what I want from PES 2015, a proper transfer market, people selling players to one another, a similar method to the packs idea.. Would make MLO a million times better in my opinion...

Overall, I am enjoying it.. Its fun to play, there aren't too many issues and it all holds up well online.. There are the usual try hards and exploiters (Lobbed through ball is just as overpowered here as in PES) but overall it is decent.. The problem is, PES will ALWAYS have the better feel/gameplay to me.. It is far more satisfying to take on 3 players and burst into the box on PES than it ever will be on FIFA in my opinion.. Problem being, with the way the dribbling occurs on PES this year it makes something like that incredibly frustrating to attempt.. I think, I am kind of rambling now but I guess the point is, both games have their markets, I still think PES is for people who want a bit more of a challenge and skill based gameplay.. FIFA is very much pick up and play but develops itself the more you learn.. Both have shockingly bad goalkeepers (PES such from close range, FIFAs suck from distance!)... I will be keeping them both side by side, though I can see my online attempts sticking with FIFA and my offline gaming with friends being on PES.. Next year, I want Konami to give me a reason to not need to do that!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Stu1983
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Stu1983 » 5 years ago

I tried to play FIFA the other night. It lasted about 5 minutes. The players feel too lightweight and like they are skating across the pitch.

Went back to PES and I am really enjoying it. Starting to learn how to pull a few skill moves off and also learning that player position etc... plays a huge role in shooting. Scoring some great goals and even missing some easy chances is enjoyable as the moves to create them have been great build up play.

Yes, I've seen stuff happen that possibly you'd think 'what the hell' but then I see that watching real Football. Plus, it's not like every game I experience this, I'd say more every 10-12 matches and nothing to the point where I'd have a bit of a hissy quit over it.

This game just needs time, more you give the better. One thing is for sure though - least you never get big ball glitches, invisible players or a manager mode that ceases to end after 15 seasons.

Shales

Stu1983 wrote:I tried to play FIFA the other night. It lasted about 5 minutes. The players feel too lightweight and like they are skating across the pitch.

Went back to PES and I am really enjoying it. Starting to learn how to pull a few skill moves off and also learning that player position etc... plays a huge role in shooting. Scoring some great goals and even missing some easy chances is enjoyable as the moves to create them have been great build up play.

Yes, I've seen stuff happen that possibly you'd think 'what the hell' but then I see that watching real Football. Plus, it's not like every game I experience this, I'd say more every 10-12 matches and nothing to the point where I'd have a bit of a hissy quit over it.

This game just needs time, more you give the better. One thing is for sure though - least you never get big ball glitches, invisible players or a manager mode that ceases to end after 15 seasons.
Pretty much exactly what I thought of FIFA. I got 14 with the xbox one. It was fun for a few games but then it just got horrible. I did then enjoy Pes 14 a tad more when I played it again. It still needs another patch to sort things out mind, but it is still more playable than Fifa 14. Even though I still scream at the tv when players stand still etc, but somehow I find Pes 14 more playable.

(but seriously Konami, sort these little simple things out then Pes 14 will actually be an ok game, surely it is a simple fix???)

I was totally impressed by the visuals in Fifa 14. Especially the little cutscences. I don't know why Pes is moving away from this!! I like these little bits. Seeing the reaction on the bench when a chance gets missed, seeing the plays pat the keeper on the back after a good save. It's excellent. But Pes wants to move towards a constant flowing football match? I feel games should try and re-create the whole TV experiance. That's what NBA2K14 is doing right now and looks amazing. Or maybe put in the option to turn this on or off?? That don't seem like a big ask.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

It shouldn't be hard, they're halfway there with players fetching the ball to take a throw in. They just need to add a multi ball system with ball boys incase the balls in the crowd. Lots more player interaction animations that happen live and outside of scripted cutscenes....and the start button to skip it all.

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by danmarsh » 5 years ago

Sorry guys Im a sinner I played fifa 14 the other day on ps4 and I thought the gameplay was really good. I've really give up on pes this year they made a great effort in terms of gameplay and understand the direction it was going but to many issues for me. I've been playing pes since the days of iss pro 98 but I'm fifa this year. hope to be back next year on next gen but konami really are losing fans with bugs and mistakes all the time. Shooting still poor also slow down in box is still here and keepers go from one extreme to another.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Had a brief look at NG FIFA last night...the detail on the crowd and ground in general was extremely impressive. Only played one match so leaving aside gameplay the whole thing from match presentation to menu art and UI looked like one very well put together product.

I've tried to complete that Konami survey that got linked on Twitter. Wouldn't recommend anyone else wastes their time...it resets back to the first question before even answering anything about the game.

Shales

itstroff wrote:Had a brief look at NG FIFA last night...the detail on the crowd and ground in general was extremely impressive. Only played one match so leaving aside gameplay the whole thing from match presentation to menu art and UI looked like one very well put together product.

I've tried to complete that Konami survey that got linked on Twitter. Wouldn't recommend anyone else wastes their time...it resets back to the first question before even answering anything about the game.
Yep, the same happened with me regarding the survey. Anything to do with Pes 2014 seems to be knackered. It's just getting really really silly now.

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

itstroff wrote:Had a brief look at NG FIFA last night...the detail on the crowd and ground in general was extremely impressive. Only played one match so leaving aside gameplay the whole thing from match presentation to menu art and UI looked like one very well put together product.

I actually quit answering on that after the first question where it wanted me to name all new games I had heard about in a free box...

Really worried on their NG development. I'm afraid they'll go even more backwards content-wise.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

Why don't they just have the survey on their own website? There's nothing difficult about it, speaking as a programmer it's a couple hours work. Slightly more if you want to test it but we already know that isn't Konami practice.

Having a company that makes video games be so confused and stuck in the dark ages when it comes to IT is just bizarre.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

itstroff
Regular
Regular

I just put "all NG release titles" and then a few questions later it gives you the same question with about 30 games to chose from.

Honestly unless they hit the ground on NG running with deep game modes and slick presentation it's over for them in the UK. All of my mates have either gone to the dark side or are a bit younger and have never played PES. Harder to stick with a game when your mates are all playing a different one.

The thing is in the glory days of PS2 PES, people used to criticise EA for just churning out the same game with updated transfers and the worst Konami had was sandbags in the nets and keepers wearing oven gloves. EA have kicked on since and Konami are now almost a hardware generation behind when it comes to game features.

Edit mode is the big concern for me. If PS4 are stopping things like MP3 playback on their console, where does that leave importing kit images. EA have got some form of partnership with M$ so does that mean we'll have to jump through hoops just to get an Xbox option file to work?

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 5 years ago

JCFast wrote:

I actually quit answering on that after the first question where it wanted me to name all new games I had heard about in a free box...
Should have done what I did and just wrote "All of them, I am a geek sometimes"... That should suffice.. I am kind of hoping I am the only one that made it through the survey, then that Amazon voucher is all mine! :)
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)