📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

LongandShort
Reserve
Reserve

Re: PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by LongandShort » 5 years ago

No more pes2014 for me! I can't believe ps4 doesn't allow the user to play ps3 games (another one of Konami's mistakes).

I've slated this years game more than a few times but over the last few days I've started to enjoy it. Even with all it's flaws and frustrations it was starting to grow on me, and now I've to say goodbye until next season.

I hope Konami get their finger out and sort this game out for rest of you guys.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

I'm putting my moderator hat on. Can we keep the option file talk in a separate thread please?
LongandShort wrote:No more pes2014 for me! I can't believe ps4 doesn't allow the user to play ps3 games (another one of Konami's mistakes).
As much as Konami have made bundles of Laurel and Hardy style mistakes this year, the PS4 not being compatible with PS3 is not something they can be blamed them for, is nothing to do with them.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

LongandShort
Reserve
Reserve

Lol I should have been a bit clearer, I meant them not releasing the game on the next gen consoles. I think this was a big mistake from them as the only football game available is the fifa series.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

LongandShort wrote:Lol I should have been a bit clearer, I meant them not releasing the game on the next gen consoles. I think this was a big mistake from them as the only football game available is the fifa series.
They didn't have the understanding or ability to get the game out on 'next gen'. Doesn't really matter as the game would still play as badly as it does now even if they had.

LongandShort
Reserve
Reserve

[[/quote]
They didn't have the understanding or ability to get the game out on 'next gen'.[/quote]

Or current gen!

Thats enough of the Konami bashing for me today I'm going to play as much of pes2014 as I can over the weekend and try to enjoy it.

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 5 years ago

Option file talk will stay in the correct section, I didn't expect it turn into a conversation just seeing people mentioning my name in previous replies so thought id just respond here rather than setting up another thread.

I agree regardless what console the game was released it was not going to get much better than it is now ?

What could they have done on next gen ? nothing because they prob would've complicated something simple to make it look flashier for next gen.

I still play this version on a daily basis don't get me wrong i love the game. But prior to release the hype and buzz that went around, It just never reached the level we expected it to be.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:I wasn't talking about the score you gave the game specifically anyway but rather asking for a survey so all of us can give our scores so we can get an idea on the overall boards thoughts on the game. Not quite sure why you'd be against this?
I don't. You're free to do whatever you feel needs to be done on here. (I'll even let you create the thread if you like... ;) )
tigerwalms wrote:I've barely played the game for two months, but I'm still here aren't I?! Much to some people's dismay I'm sure!

I do think your honesty is being mighty stretched with this release though.
As a passionate PES fan, I'm glad you post so regularly on here as it gives me an opportunity to read your thoughts. If you ever make an Arsenal-Sunderland game, I'll be more than happy to buy you a drink!

As for your second point, I'm not sure where you're coming from? I've said many times that I'm disappointed with PES 2014 as it's not what I wanted or expected from the new engine. I try to sit down and play as much as I can but I'm usually just messing around in Training mode. :oops:
✅ 🐦 💟

Benni
Super Sub
Super Sub

Re: Konami have lost a customer

Post by Benni » 5 years ago

Seabass wrote:
Benni wrote:And I feel I'm not the only one.

I have tried and tried with this game and it's a buggy pile of crap, even with Daymos lovely Option Files.

It feels like I am booting up a demo every time I play it. Lack of options, shooting is horrible, keepers are horrible, online is horrible, graphics are still really dated, commentary is horrible etc etc etc.

I have recently acquired a PS4 and thought I'd try that other football game. My word, it's such a polished, incredible experience now. EA have taken their franchise so far forwards and improved it whilst Konami have, well, I don't even have words for PES these days.

It's a shame. I've been an avid PES gamer for so long but this is it, no more. I am not getting sucked into their bullshit PR campaign before the games are released anymore.

I'm not alone - I know many, many other PES fans that feel the same.

Oh and that Adam Bhatti is terrible for PES. He's Konami's 'Yes Man' and a raging fanboy. They should have hired someone a little more grounded and neutral.

Rant over. RIP PES.
Benni I moved your post to this thread so we don't have any more duplicate threads.. I hope you don't mind! :-)

Btw, I'm sorry you've decided to move on. Hopefully you'll be back next year for nextgen PES. See you around mate. It was great speaking to you on here. (y)
Thanks mate (y)

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

On a more serious note, Konami definitely should allow the custom camera to be customized a biiit further. Currently the difference between maxed out custom or wide camera compared to the blimp view is too drastic, I need something from in-between. I know it's nice to looks at things up close with all the good and bad movements the players make, but as I'm passing with manual controls, it's also important to see where I'm passing.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

ShaneJoshua80
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by ShaneJoshua80 » 5 years ago

Guys,

I'm new here as I was on Wenb but it is dead there at the mo.

I've read the last few pages and I am in total agreement re PES 2014. This game is so frustrating in terms of what it could of been. The things like slowdown are unforgivable, as is the player awareness with the nonbreactions or the ball going right past a player. Shooting is unfullfilling and I don't get the dribbling in PES 2012 it was brilliant as it was in PES 5/6.

The keepers are shocking! Last night I played as Arsenal v Napoli and Hemsik shot strsight at Seczney. My mum could of saved it but instead he somehow parries it behind him the ball rolls along the line for an easy tap in.

This game seemed so promising but is a mess. Adam seems like a nice guy but I dont believe him re the whole stadium rubbish. Obviously Konami didn't have time but how could they release a game so imcomplete. Bearing in mind these gguys work alongside Kojima Productions creators of the Fox Engine they dont seem to have made use of their expertise. Also why were they not applying for dev kits so that they will be ready next year. There can be no more excuses.

Konami must go back to their routes in terms of small details and individuality, they seem to be adverse to learning from other games or their rivals. I remember a Wenb podcast where they said the it wasn't until PES 2010/11 when Konami started to tech sharing with the Baseball spirits people. EA does this across the board but also they should be looking to 2K as well.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Mike wrote:I don't. You're free to do whatever you feel needs to be done on here. (I'll even let you create the thread if you like... ;) ).
Oh right, sorry, I didn't know I was able to do that myself. I'll get it sorted then.
Mike wrote:If you ever make an Arsenal-Sunderland game, I'll be more than happy to buy you a drink!
I'll hold you to that, although it's going to be a few years before we get to travel to the Emirates again. It'll be visits to Doncaster for us next season! :cry:
Mike wrote:As for your second point, I'm not sure where you're coming from? I've said many times that I'm disappointed with PES 2014 as it's not what I wanted or expected from the new engine. I try to sit down and play as much as I can but I'm usually just messing around in Training mode. :oops:
I suppose I'm waiting for a retraction of the 8/10 you gave the game as I don't for a second believe that you're comfortable with that. It'll always be lingering over you in my mind, as when I'm reading your early play-tests or review of PES2015 I'll just be thinking of how you praised the game that I thought was atrocious and thus I'd have to take your comments with a pinch of salt. I'm not saying your thoughts are wrong there, I'm just saying they are the opposite of what I think, and so I wouldn't be able to gauge how I may like/dislike the game from your thoughts.

However I'll stop badgering you about it now, else you may retract that drink you offered, which by the Emirates pricing is probably worth around £9! :P

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

ShaneJoshua80 wrote:I'm new here as I was on WENB but it is dead there at the mo.
Welcome to the board mate, I'm aware of how WENB has become a bit of a ghost town, for me an indication of what Konami delivered this year. You may want to think of me as the resident 'Vital' of these forums. ;)
ShaneJoshua80 wrote:Adam seems like a nice guy but I don't believe him re the whole stadium rubbish.
This to me is up there with the biggest PES disappointments for the year. We thought we may finally have someone who knew what the fans wanted and could communicate this directly to Konami. What we've actually got is a complete sell out who is spouting out Konami propaganda more than anybody else. I believe if an Adam Bhatti of 4 years ago played this years game then saw what the current Adam Bhatti of today was saying and doing then he'd be ashamed of himself.

Mike, do you have any contact with Adam?

ShaneJoshua80
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by ShaneJoshua80 » 5 years ago

You're right I remember Adam ripping previous PES games for being below par. It's like Konami just don't get it. If i'm honest I hope the Windsor guys play more of a part in PES 2015 development. Ibwould have been happy with PES 2013.5 if they'd decided to focus on next gen.

The little things Fifa NG is doing ar the kinds of.thimg PES was renowned for in the past. Because of the indivdualism it also made you think how you'd best use players to the team you were playing against. Teams even felt different but now they ALL play the same.

I like online gaming but PES for me was one of the greatest single player experiances out there.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:I'll hold you to that, although it's going to be a few years before we get to travel to the Emirates again. It'll be visits to Doncaster for us next season!
There's a long way to go. Don't give up, a lot can change in just a few weeks (just look at Arsenal slip down the table! ;) )
tigerwalms wrote:I suppose I'm waiting for a retraction of the 8/10 you gave the game as I don't for a second believe that you're comfortable with that. It'll always be lingering over you in my mind, as when I'm reading your early play-tests or review of PES2015 I'll just be thinking of how you praised the game that I thought was atrocious and thus I'd have to take your comments with a pinch of salt. I'm not saying your thoughts are wrong there, I'm just saying they are the opposite of what I think, and so I wouldn't be able to gauge how I may like/dislike the game from your thoughts.

However I'll stop badgering you about it now, else you may retract that drink you offered, which by the Emirates pricing is probably worth around £9!
At the time, 8/10 seemed about right for me as I was really enjoying the game. Although looking back, I probably should have spent more time with it before publishing my review. But hey, you live, you learn. I'll be back again next year.

Haha, a beer at Emirates is only £4.20 actually... :?
tigerwalms wrote:Mike, do you have any contact with Adam?
Yes, via phone and email.

Adam's a great guy and a passionate PES fan. And I don't think a community manager (especially one that's so new to the role) could ever be the one to blame for a game's shortcomings.
✅ 🐦 💟

LongandShort
Reserve
Reserve

I played 3 games last night and I have to say I'm starting to enjoy this game. There was still mistakes from the ref and defenders not reacting but not as many as usual, have Konami been secretly rolling out fixes? Is that even possible?

The ref was giving free kicks for players nudging or knocking the player on the ball where before he would let that go, but at the same time I was clearly offside but he let it go and another time I was through on goal, 1v1 with the keeper, when one of my players was brought down off the ball and he pulled play back for the free kick.

Throw ins and corners were been given at random again!

Dribbling seems a bit faster with more control.

Every player I played tried to lob my keeper and to my surprise he saved them all, this simply didn't happen before.

I also experienced something last night that hadn't happened from the last patch. When given a corner the opposition had one of his players standing by the corner flag and he was able to kick the ball out for another corner before I had a chance to take the corner kick. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?