📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

LongandShort
Reserve
Reserve

Re: PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by LongandShort » 5 years ago

I received my ps4 yesterday which came with fifa14, I played a few games on it last night and soon fired up my ps3 for some good old pes.

Fifa is better than pes in so many ways but its still a long way off in terms of gameplay. I love all the extra teams, leagues and options fifa offers but that's where it ends. It feels systematic and robotic, I lost interest and wanted to quit each game before half time. I don't get the same feeling of freedom that pes offers, for all the little bugs pes has I still prefer it to fifa. So for now, ps4 and fifa have been confined to the cupboard and its pes for me.

Otacon_X
Reserve
Reserve
Supports: Seattle Sounders FC

Post by Otacon_X » 5 years ago

LongandShort wrote:I received my ps4 yesterday which came with fifa14, I played a few games on it last night and soon fired up my ps3 for some good old pes.

Fifa is better than pes in so many ways but its still a long way off in terms of gameplay. I love all the extra teams, leagues and options fifa offers but that's where it ends. It feels systematic and robotic, I lost interest and wanted to quit each game before half time. I don't get the same feeling of freedom that pes offers, for all the little bugs pes has I still prefer it to fifa. So for now, ps4 and fifa have been confined to the cupboard and its pes for me.
I feel the same. Enjoy FIFA on many levels, but PES still feels better for gameplay. I'm expecting PES15 to make up some ground. They have to in order to have any chance in next gen.
XBL: Remy E Lebeau
PSN: Otacon_x
Twitter: @soccerdisciple
Follow me at http://www.thesoccerconvert.com

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

LongandShort wrote:I played 3 games last night and I have to say I'm starting to enjoy this game. There was still mistakes from the ref and defenders not reacting but not as many as usual, have Konami been secretly rolling out fixes? Is that even possible?

The ref was giving free kicks for players nudging or knocking the player on the ball where before he would let that go, but at the same time I was clearly offside but he let it go and another time I was through on goal, 1v1 with the keeper, when one of my players was brought down off the ball and he pulled play back for the free kick.

Throw ins and corners were been given at random again!

Dribbling seems a bit faster with more control.

Every player I played tried to lob my keeper and to my surprise he saved them all, this simply didn't happen before.

I also experienced something last night that hadn't happened from the last patch. When given a corner the opposition had one of his players standing by the corner flag and he was able to kick the ball out for another corner before I had a chance to take the corner kick. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?
Yeah I've seen that corner glitch about 5 times.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

Mike wrote:Yes, via phone and email.

Adam's a great guy and a passionate PES fan. And I don't think a community manager (especially one that's so new to the role) could ever be the one to blame for a game's shortcomings.
I never suggested Adam was to blame for the games shortcomings, quite the opposite, it has nothing to do with him whatsoever, he has next to no impact on gameplay. But that's kind of the point, he's just a company suit. What is it that we fans are supposed to get from Adam? Many of us fans are trying to get over to Konami how awful we think the game is. This becomes rather pointless when Adam is on the Konami payroll and thus won't acknowledge these problems, telling us all it's great and the majority of fans are enjoying it.

Whether he's a great guy or not is irrelevant to me, he's supposed to be community manager, he certainly isn't representing the community so where is he? Why don't you ask him on this site to answer some questions from us truthfully? I've got a few I'd love to ask. How about it?
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 5 years ago

He's employed by Konami though, it's not in his or Konami's interests to publicly bad mouth the only game that they've got to sell for 12 months.

I honestly aren't Adam's biggest fan but the guy isn't stupid and has probably read hundreds of tweets and forum pages worth of people slagging the game. All of which I'm sure have been passed on to Japan which is pretty much the definition of representing the community. Konami have made a mess of the game but I think it's a bit much to expect him to go rogue and start admitting to that...let alone agreeing to an inquisition on the OPE forums ;)

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:
Mike wrote:Yes, via phone and email.

Adam's a great guy and a passionate PES fan. And I don't think a community manager (especially one that's so new to the role) could ever be the one to blame for a game's shortcomings.
I never suggested Adam was to blame for the games shortcomings, quite the opposite, it has nothing to do with him whatsoever, he has next to no impact on gameplay. But that's kind of the point, he's just a company suit. What is it that we fans are supposed to get from Adam? Many of us fans are trying to get over to Konami how awful we think the game is. This becomes rather pointless when Adam is on the Konami payroll and thus won't acknowledge these problems, telling us all it's great and the majority of fans are enjoying it.

Whether he's a great guy or not is irrelevant to me, he's supposed to be community manager, he certainly isn't representing the community so where is he? Why don't you ask him on this site to answer some questions from us truthfully? I've got a few I'd love to ask. How about it?
Hey he uh at least has found a nice way to spread information about the new DLCs for example. Remember how revealed the shots of those new faces so that different sites got different pictures based on where in the world they were based. How awesome was that we had to go around to catch them all until an hour or so later someone collected them all together somewhere. It was so awesome.

But yeah from a marketing point of view. He doesn't gain anything by acknowledging that the game is a lot worse than anyone getting any freebies from Konami are willing to admit. Pissed fans will remain pissed, "happy" fans will be pleased to hear that they're "happy" for a reason and the people who haven't actually played the game might still actually buy it. So of course Adam's playing like it's all good and everything's getting fixed in due time.

My current must fixes:
- remove the dumb both players blinking when making substitutions in the game plan window
- give custom camera more customizability, needs to be a bit further for manual controls instead of having to go all blimp
- do something to the gameplay (what I and everyone else have been crying about since day one to make it feel exciting)
- give ML a huge DLC that will actually make it into a playable mode, FIFA2014 and FM2014 are better on ANDROID for crying out loud
- and also since OFs are the only way to make this game decent, and we all know it, let us choose how the divisions get attached to different leagues in ML, independent or locked to a league or as it is now, but give us choice
- do not ever mention personal data settings anywhere in the game, it's 2013, nobody cares about 32 settings that can be transferred to another console
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

Maybe he's sugar coating it too much, but if he did the opposite he'd immediately get sacked if he spent all day tweeting the game's flaws and saying how rubbish ML and Online is!

By the way Data Pack 3 was released for WE2014 today https://www.facebook.com/we.konami/post ... 11048292:0 - still no release date for us Europeans.

johnnybhoy1967
Squad Player
Squad Player
Supports: Celtic

Post by johnnybhoy1967 » 5 years ago

Anyone actually know what is going to be in the data pack 3, or the new patch??

KPSNV
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by KPSNV » 5 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:What is it that we fans are supposed to get from Adam?
Or what is it you EXPECT from him...??

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

johnnybhoy1967 wrote:Anyone actually know what is going to be in the data pack 3, or the new patch??
Patch 1.05 details haven't been announced yet. And so far, we only know DP3 will update kits for Spain and Germany.

Image Image
KPSNV wrote:
tigerwalms wrote: What is it that we fans are supposed to get from Adam?
Or what is it you EXPECT from him...??
For me he's the official link between the fans and the PES Productions team. At the start he did a good job but as soon as PES 2014 was released it's all gone quiet. But to be honest, I'd find it hard too given the general tone of the community this year. :|
Join me in the Football Forum!

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

A rough translation of that WE2014 Facebook-page says the 3rd DLC brings new kits for only Germany and Spain (even just GK right away and the rest later!?) and new billboards for Ligue 1... Wow.

Glad to read though that the comments for WE2014 are the same. Sucky game and no content, worst so far haha.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

LongandShort
Reserve
Reserve

I think the tone of the community was set by lack of communications and unwillingness to accept that the game just isn't up to the standards that were touted by konami.

Its not up to Adam to publicly slam the game, if he did he would be on the dole the next morning. I think he should be pointing out to konami in private the thoughts of the majority of players and then letting the fans know how and when konami plan to sort it out.

LongandShort
Reserve
Reserve

What happened to the Manchester united 3rd kit that was to be released? I heard Xbox users got it a while ago but there's still nothing on ps3.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

LongandShort wrote:I think the tone of the community was set by lack of communications and unwillingness to accept that the game just isn't up to the standards that were touted by konami.

Its not up to Adam to publicly slam the game, if he did he would be on the dole the next morning. I think he should be pointing out to konami in private the thoughts of the majority of players and then letting the fans know how and when konami plan to sort it out.
It's weird to look back at it though. I remember reading that the new Master League would blow fans away but it's still boring, more or less, it's been this way since about PES 6. Changing teams and managing national teams were cool additions but it's crazy to think it took them so long to implement these features. Yes PS2 PES was untouchable but that shouldn't mean Konami are allowed to rest on their laurels.

I just pray that Konami (not just PES Productions) realise the seriousness of the problem and decide to invest more money and manpower for next gen into this once mindblowing football simulation.... before it's too late!! :(
LongandShort wrote:What happened to the Manchester united 3rd kit that was to be released? I heard Xbox users got it a while ago but there's still nothing on ps3.
The kit packs were released last Wednesday for PS3 - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... RIVILEGE03

LongandShort
Reserve
Reserve

Thanks, I was looking for it from within the game. I must have missed out in a load of dlc stuff over the years as I would never think of going onto the PS store for extras.