PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

carlboy
Reserve
Reserve

Re: PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by carlboy » 4 years ago

Seabass wrote:
carlboy wrote:Does anybody know what involvement the UK Studio have in relation to the development of PES 2015? Personally, I hope they're put in charge of the summer transfers
The line's always been "presentation, translation and commentary". Also take a look at this tweet from onlyproevo from January.
Hirano says new UK PES Productions studio is "looking at the needs of the European people". Konami want to globalize the franchise.
As for summer transfers, surely they will be done for release day. I'm hoping that we get to see monthly, maybe even weekly squad updates so us fans can always play with the latest lineups and transfers. Although, a feature like this should have been in PES years ago to be honest. :|
For me, the UK Studio should take care of the transfers as well as the presentation, translation & commentary. If anything, it would give Konami more time/resources to work on fixing the awful gameplay we got for 2014. It would be nice if the transfers were up to date on the day of release but you really have to look at Konami's track record with things like this, I don't remember the transfers being up to date on the release day of any PES game on the XBOX 360. It's a nice thought Seabass but I'm not holding my breath!!
I totally agree with you when it comes to regular squad updates, it's something I would really like to see. I think before they could ever implement it they would have to sort out the player stats, they've been way too unrealistic for years - there are far too many players in the game who are in the high 80's/low 90's. Maybe there'll be some in depth news about the UK Studios involvement at this years E3.
There really is a hell of a lot of work to be done, I wonder if Konami are truly aware of how much they've pi**ed off their fanbase, especially over the past year?

xbox 360 - CARLBOY1975

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 4 years ago

Asked to explain his 'PES is ours' line, AB replied... 'we're creating a game that will connect with everyone who loves the series. Not something distant, this will bring us together.'

Fair enough, I can get on board with that. Although I'll be much happier if these kind of promises are met later on this year! ;)

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

'we're creating a game that will connect with everyone who loves the series. Not something distant, this will bring us together.'
I get it now, he means PES 2015 will keep (regain) the series' traditional identity. Of course these are big promises, so like Pete has said above I am now even more desperate to see them produce a great game.

A question though, if you had to pick out one thing that brings all PES fans together, it would be gameplay, wouldn't it?
Join me in the Football Forum!

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

Seabass wrote: A question though, if you had to pick out one thing that brings all PES fans together, it would be gameplay, wouldn't it?
Yep. Just simply make PES fun!

I can very much live with shallow game modes as long as the fun is brought back. Fun, fun and more fun is needed.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 4 years ago

I thought PES couldn't have the transfers up to date because FIFA has some contract to stop them?
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

GradeACallum
Regular
Regular
Supports: Man Utd

Post by GradeACallum » 4 years ago

not that I'm aware of. The EA restrictions is clubs and kits licensing.
"Kids Come To Win, Men Come To Play The Game. The Pitch Is Ours!!!"
Twitter: @GradeA_Callum
Web: http://www.Grade-A.co.uk
Yotube: AgentBoomerang
XBl: Agent Bommerang
PSN: GradeA_Callum

Shales

I am not totally 100% on this but there is no contract that FIFA hold to stop PES having up to date transfers. It's something to do with Konami needing approval from FIFPro(or something like that) before they can release their game with the summer transfers. EA's FIFA game obviously doesn't have to go through the same process as PES because it's already FIFA/FIFPRO. Combine this with the usual delays in getting a datapack uploaded makes us wait until Oct to get the summer transfers.

So it's not just the fact that Konami are lazy with the work. I am sure though that things can be speeded up. If Konami work out how to nail a Datapack will clearly speed things up.

I might be wrong with this. This is is just what I think I've read posted on here over the last 2years. So might be a case of chinese whispers. But I am sure Seabass will clear this up when he comes on.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Nades wrote:I thought PES couldn't have the transfers up to date because FIFA has some contract to stop them?
Maybe it was true, maybe it was an excuse of some sort. I guess we'll all find out once PES 2015 is released.

In other news, Adam Bhatti's been promoted!
Hey all, just wanted to say, I'm no longer PES Community Manager. I'm happy to say I'm now PES European Brand Manager
Question 1 - What does a Brand Manager do exactly?

Question 2 - Will there be a new European Community Manager? And if so, who?
Shales wrote:So it's not just the fact that Konami are lazy with the work. I am sure though that things can be speeded up. If Konami work out how to nail a Datapack will clearly speed things up.
That's what they need to do. I'm sure Jon Murphy in the past has said they need to cut the lead time between transfers and DLC. Maybe they could do what EA does and send out weekly transfer updates in game. I really hope so! :-D

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

Pete Evo wrote:Question 1 - What does a Brand Manager do exactly?

Question 2 - Will there be a new European Community Manager? And if so, who?
First thing I thought, doesn't mean anything to me. Not like Konami to ever explain anything is it.

I vote Mike for new Community Manager! :P
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Wikipedia says 'Brand management is a communication function in marketing that includes analysis and planning on how that brand is positioned in the market, which target public the brand is targeted at, and maintaining a desired reputation of the brand'.

Not sure what that means when it involves a video game though. The main/only way to improve your brand is to release quality games, it's as simple as that really. Thinking about it, the duties of his new role could include absolutely anything!
tigerwalms wrote:I vote Mike for new Community Manager!
I think Mike would be a great candidate! Konami, where and when can we start voting? :great:

GradeACallum
Regular
Regular
Supports: Man Utd

Post by GradeACallum » 4 years ago

Yeah a Brand Manager overseas the entire marketing of each 'brand' or game. It wouldn't surprise me if they did hire a new Community Manager.

Chances are they will hire someone who is seen to be key in the PES Community like they did with Adam. I can think of a few people that would no doubt be considered which includes Mike. Only thing is, if Mike got it he would have to step away from OPE no doubt. Adam did with WENB and Kitana. Do you really want that?
"Kids Come To Win, Men Come To Play The Game. The Pitch Is Ours!!!"
Twitter: @GradeA_Callum
Web: http://www.Grade-A.co.uk
Yotube: AgentBoomerang
XBl: Agent Bommerang
PSN: GradeA_Callum

Shales

I'd say by the job title this will give him more clout when it comes to input/ideas for the game. If he is a true PES fan then he knows what the game needs and what people want. I see this as a good thing. Doesn't mean that 2015 will be a guarenteed sucess but hopefully we should be moving in the right direction and taking fairly resonable big strides forward. Perhaps we will also see more aggresivness with regards to obtaining new licenses. "brand" is all about image too.

Congrats to Adam. Hope there will be a replacement Community manager because I think Adam's previous involvment with the fans via twitter was great. There are obviously huge questions about how he handled himself but the involvment was good. Official Pes twitter know nothing so I really hope there is person to connect the fans to the devs.

I'll end with saying Mike would make a great Community Manager : )

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

GradeACallum wrote:Only thing is, if Mike got it he would have to step away from OPE no doubt. Adam did with WENB and Kitana. Do you really want that?
Haha, good point! Although for the greater good, he should go to Konami if offered. I don't know how it would work but I'm sure OPE could somehow continue to live on. I'm sure we'd find a way! :-)

Back to PES though, well FIFA actually, a FIFA 15 teaser trailer dropped today...

[youtube]tpqOAwkvmcs[/youtube]

Looks like your typical EA Sports CGI so not going to take it seriously yet. But still, I hope Konami can do the same soon by releasing their own PES 2015 trailer... ideally before next week's E3 expo! :great:

Rage06
Professional
Professional

New PES2014 DP 7 coming next week

Post by Rage06 » 4 years ago

Officialpes:
Hi #PES fans! The Data pack 7 (PS3, Xbox 360 and PC) is coming for #PES2014 next week! Are you ready?
It'll include the new Holland Kits and many new faces. http://wenbitalia.it/blog/pes-2014-dlc-7-0-arrivo/

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 4 years ago

I wonder how many real faces there'll be when this years one is released. I'm guess as its on the sane engine that there'll at least be the same amount and ones that are on PES 14.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades