PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Re: PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

onlyproevo wrote:tigerwalms - I'm sure you'll find the answer to Q3 quite interesting... ;)
Ha, I knew as I read the article that you were going to say that. :lol:

My response would be that he's lying, or getting confused. By current gen he may mean a current gen PC, but that kind of detail, lighting, shading and definition is not possible on an xbox or ps3. Compare that to what is released and we'll see I'm right.

I'd also say that interview sounds very promising, and just what I wanted to hear. He also mentions that they haven't said anything about next gen consoles so that to me says that it could be good news there. Saying that I'm probably going to buy it on PC so the new engine and best graphics experience will be there straight away and no longer being held back by 10 year old technology. Enjoyed reading all that, getting excited for PES2014 now. (y)

Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

Yeah I agree OPE. Not expecting PES to have the FM DB but it would be good to have larger squads. I'd just like to see the end of old re-gen players.

I know Konami won't look at weekly updates from the OF creators view, but wouldn't regular updates really mess up created OFs? Just look at the hassle a Jan transfer window does to 7oy and Daymos etc. This is something i'd also like though.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

Without trying to sound confusing, as long as option file creators didn't overcomplicate things and made sure ALL default players kept their original #IDs, OF creators' work wouldn't have to be wasted.

By this, I mean OF creators would, for example, have to keep Player #00007 as Santi Cazorla. So when the next DLC arrives, if Cazorla decided to dye his hair red, the update would recognise player #00007 as Cazorla and apply the appropriate change/s. To put it simply, OF creators would not be able to mix and match player IDs.

But that wouldn't be a problem. If they wanted to add a new youngster in, let's call him Nico Yennaris in this case, the OF creator would simply create the new player in the Created Players list. All players in this section wouldn't be affected by DLC. So going on from the previous paragraph, Cazorla would get his new red hair but Yennaris would be untouched.

At the moment, this is just a theory of how things could work for next-gen, so don't get yourself to worked up about it.

I guess it would also come down to how far Konami take their updates. From tactics to boots, from starting XIs to hairstyles, the more Konami updated, the less OF creators would have to worry about. I'll always believe option files will remain a big part of PES, however, I'm sure everyone will agree that their workload should be kept as easy (and as logical) as possible.
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

This isn't a rant or a dig at Daymos or Roy in the slightest, so I'll get that out the way before I start. I am actually a multiple supporter (and will keep donating) because I know and appreciate the work that gets done on these OFs.

Basically I am speaking for myself here but I think others are in the same boat. We are all too reliant on Daymos (and others that worked on v1, v2 etc) and Roy. I've found that I don't actually play the game as much because I am always waiting for the new version to come out. I have read on here loads of times that others are waiting before starting ML and BAL. We are actually very close to the end of the season. I personally didn't bother playing ML or BAL this year because I find myself waiting for Daymos and Roy to produce the "This is the absolute final working version". But here we are in April and there is only 8 Prem games left this season.

Like I said this isn't a dig at either of them. To me the actual problem is Konami. For 2014 they need to release the updates much much quicker then they have done the last few years. Talking about 2013, wasn't Van Persie still at Arsenal until October? What is that all about! If komani released weekly updates, like OPE suggests above, then we would only really need the basic v1 file that Daymos released very quickly this year. What do we actual need other than Kits, badges? If the transfers were spot on from the begining (I really don't see why is takes months to transfer RVP to united etc) then we can start playing the game full on from the beginning.

This has been my experience this year anyway. Sorry for boring anyone if you read this but I am bored myself at work.

So basically, We do need more regular official updates. Months after the real transfer deadline passed is just totally not on.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Daymos
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Daymos » 5 years ago

Hey Shales im with you totally.

I think its silly when we all wait for the perfect file and we dont start ML until December.. but then we wait until Jan.. then march..

Im not a fan of this but its there unfortnatly

This is not my philosophy but with the way things went this year I accidentally fell into the same area i despise.

We had the konami boot bug that added 3 months ontop of everything.

I think on one of my files either 2009 or 2010 i worked out a system to minimise the above but ill bring it back for 2014.

I think ill still aim to have the 2nd tier english league in PES2014 but its unclear if a pc editor will be avaliable and its usually avaliable come christmas which means good old fasioned editing if the file is to be ready on launch day.

with the new engine id put my money on there being an incompatable edit mode from 2013 to 2014 which means working from scratch.

if the engine uses higher res images then the old kit logos will be redundant from the begining anyway plus the rumour of images on shorts and socks means a new element to the kit editing.

I'm looking forward to taking the kits to another level again this year with whatever new tools konami bring.

I think i may set up a timetable advising people to start ML from day one and batter out 2 or 3 seasons until JTW closes.. this can be when players are added to squads.

If done mid season then it means people wont be able to continue with their ML but this is the things ill be doing to minimise people having to stop their ML and ill make november or devember updates be cosmetic with hairstyles, accesories and 3rd kits etc..

I guess we will see in a few months :)

ps im starting my 1st PES2013 ML after this weekend.. how crap is that?? lol
USB OPTIONS HERE:
http://www.facebook.com/djdaymos

Optional Donation Link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... id=9361692

Twitter: @DJDaymos

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Come on Konami, give us a screenshot or something!

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

Saudi newspaper, Al-Jazirah, are today reporting that Konami have agreed a deal for the AFC Champions League license.

Although there's been no official confirmation from Konami yet, the paper says the contract will last until 2016 and will come into play in time for the release of Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 later this year.

The AFC Champions League is Asia's top-level club football tournament which is contested by teams from all over the continent, including sides from countries such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Japan, China and Australia.

Read the translated article below:

"The Asian Football Confederation’s marketing division has successfully finalised a deal with the Japanese (digital) company Konami to bring the AFC Champions League to the PlayStation.

The final signatures will take place over the coming days in the Emirate of Dubai with the presence of the vice-president of the AFC Yousef Al-Serkal and Dr. Hafez Al-Medlej the head of marketing at the AFC, and from Konami the Chairman and the Head of Marketing.

The deal comes with the growing following of the AFC Champions League and the expansion of the competition between unions that fall under the banner of the AFC Champions League Asia, which will open the field to expand the base of participation in the AFC Champions League during the period from 2014 until 2016, by raising the number of participating countries from 10 countries to 23 countries, according to the classification of the AFC football in accordance with the decision of the Executive Office of the Union, which was held in the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, headed by acting AFC head of operations Ji Long on Wednesday, 12/03/2013."

This report comes just days after Dr Hafez Al-Medlej, Head of Marketing at the Asian Football Confederation (mentioned above), revealed "very important" PES news will arrive next week.
AFC Champions League guys! What do we think about that? For me, more licenses the better. Hopefully they can add the J League too so we have LOADS of teams to choose from next year. Ideally all available in exhibition mode as well!!
Join me in the Football Forum!

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Seabass wrote:AFC Champions League guys! What do we think about that? For me, more licenses the better. Hopefully they can add the J League too so we have LOADS of teams to choose from next year. Ideally all available in exhibition mode as well!!
I'll tell you what I think about that - absolutely nothing whatsoever! I'm sure I won't play a second of the AFCCL. Yay. :great:

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by danmarsh » 5 years ago

Have Konami still got the champion league license I've heard that deal expired

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

danmarsh wrote:Have Konami still got the champion league license I've heard that deal expired
The original UEFA Champions League deal, a four-year contract, was signed back in 2008 (PES 2009).

Konami then extended the deal last year for PES 2013. For how long though, I'm not exactly sure, I don't think the number of year/s was ever confirmed publicly.

Edit: Good news, I found this quote from Konami President Shinji Hirano:

"The UEFA Champions League is the most prestigious club competition in football, and we are delighted to have extended our relationship with UEFA to continue to feature it exclusively in PES 2013 and beyond,"
✅ 🐦 💟

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Good news and good find. I wonder if we'll have any more new licenses for PES 2014. :)

I just hope all teams will be allowed to be used in all gamemodes. :|

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

onlyproevo wrote: "The UEFA Champions League is the most prestigious club competition in football, and we are delighted to have extended our relationship with UEFA to continue to feature it exclusively in PES 2013 and beyond,"
Now that I do care about, would be a kick in the teeth if they lost that. Although it depends what the new edit mode is going to be like I suppose, wish they would give some info out about it.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Hmm, looks like the license is only adding the AFC CL as a separate game mode, like what we have now with the UEFA CL. This is from the press release.
The game, which enjoys a global presence, will feature a dedicated mode, allowing users to control one of the 32 teams that compete in the AFC Champions League tournament.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Seabass wrote:Hmm, looks like the license is only adding the AFC CL as a separate game mode, like what we have now with the UEFA CL. This is from the press release.
Anyone any ideas how much this license is costing Konami?

dubcity
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Watford

Post by dubcity » 5 years ago

Seabass wrote: I just hope all teams will be allowed to be used in all gamemodes. :|
My thoughts exactly. I fear they won't be.