📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

commentary change

jr51
Warming Up
Warming Up

commentary change

Post by jr51 » 6 years ago

does anyone know if there is going to be new commentary tracks as I would love to see clive tyledsley and andy townsend given a shot at pro evo as I think in my opinion that they are better than jon champion and jim beglin what does the forum think do we need a change or not???? :-D :-D

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: commentary change

Post by Seabass » 6 years ago

I don't mind Champion and Beglin but I think their lines need improving. Some of the stuff they say is cringeworthy, I don't know why, maybe translation issues, but I really hope the team works on improving the commentary.

By the way, Konami haven't confirmed yet the commentating team for PES2014.
Join me in the Football Forum!

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 6 years ago

jr51 wrote:does anyone know if there is going to be new commentary tracks as I would love to see clive tyledsley and andy townsend given a shot at pro evo as I think in my opinion that they are better than jon champion and jim beglin what does the forum think do we need a change or not???? :-D :-D
:shock: Please god no, Andy Townsend is a truly shocking commentator.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

jr51
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by jr51 » 6 years ago

8-) what and you think beglin is better if anything I think beglin is actually worse than townsend and that is saying something I just think clive tyledsly is a better commentator than champion and I think he is more engaging in the commentary more so than champion what do you thimk then tigerwalms :shock: :roll:

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

jr51 wrote:8-) what and you think beglin is better if anything I think beglin is actually worse than townsend and that is saying something I just think clive tyledsly is a better commentator than champion and I think he is more engaging in the commentary more so than champion what do you thimk then tigerwalms :shock: :roll:
Beglin isn't great but he's miles better than Townsend in my opinion. I generally don't like commentators who arselick the 'top players' for no reason, spouting superlatives about them when they've done a simple sideways pass. It's insulting to my intelligence and part of the over dramatisation of football that has sneaked into the game over the last ten years. Tyledsly is pretty bad for this but would be an ok choice I suppose. Guy Mobray would be my first choice, excellent commentator, articulate and shows some knowledge about what he's talking about. Gary Neville would be the obvious co-commentator but we all know Fifa will get him.
Last edited by tigerwalms on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 6 years ago

Yeah agree with tigerwalms about the ass lick comments. Andy Gray was bad at that. Any type of header he'd get a stiffy over. "That's not easy" he'd always say. Motson was another one too. He'd actually sound like he jizzed a few times over a back heel or something basic.

My personal choice would be Jonathan Pearce. Only really hear him on motd nowadays but always thought he was decent.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Shales wrote:Yeah agree with tigerwalms about the ass lick comments. Andy Gray was bad at that. Any type of header he'd get a stiffy over. "That's not easy" he'd always say. Motson was another one too. He'd actually sound like he jizzed a few times over a back heel or something basic.

My personal choice would be Jonathan Pearce. Only really hear him on motd nowadays but always thought he was decent.
Motson is absolutely atrocious, they should have retired him 15 years ago.

I'm not a fan of Jonathan Pearce, isn't even interested in football, was just one of those 'jobs for the boys'. That and the fact I keep thinking at any moment he's going to come out with something like "and here comes Sir Killalot!". He could have Craig Charles as co-commentator. :-D

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 6 years ago

I think basically as long as they are recognisable and current and they have decent scripts, then I don't mind who it is.

Just none of this "he benefitted from a slide rule pass". I am 31, been watching footy all my life, first memories go back to about 1988. I have never heard that term before! Still not as bad as the first Pes on the ps1 when the commentator would shout "Who will take the bit by teeth" That still cracks me up.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

dkirk89
Reserve
Reserve
Supports: Le Toon

Post by dkirk89 » 6 years ago

I agree with the majority, Townsend is worst commentator ever!

Im not particularly bothered aslong as there is new dialogue, I miss the "close but no cigar" after a missed shot. I think that was 2008. correct me if im wrong.

Rama78
Reserve
Reserve

Post by Rama78 » 6 years ago

Townsend would be a disaster! So much so that I think I wouldn't actually buy the game and I am being serious

radrsb
Amateur
Amateur

Post by radrsb » 6 years ago

Gus Johnson and Ray Hudson.

alibibeats
Amateur
Amateur

Post by alibibeats » 6 years ago

Female commentators would be nice, lol.

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 6 years ago

I would like a new commentary line up! I do miss the old commentators from the old school PES games though.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 6 years ago

Nades wrote:I would like a new commentary line up!
Who would you want to replace Champion and Beglin? ;)
Join me in the Football Forum!

Sabin5995
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Sabin5995 » 6 years ago

Beglin is not the best commentator, I always hated 2011, when you are just offside, just a few milimeters, he'd always said: 'Clearly offside'
Always hated him since :P